Xbox Media Player 2.0

That's a complete rip of mediacenter edition. The least they could have done is come up with their own GUI. I'm sure Microsoft will stomp on these guys when they find out about this.

You should have seen the original GUI. If Microsoft had made an Xbox Media Player this is probably the most likely theme they would have used, also this GUI is completely customizeable, so if you don't like the media center look, then you can change it. The new GUI seems more user friendly and more functional than v1.02. Microsoft already know about this, they have known about this project since the beginning, but as long as they are not pirating anything it is very unlikely Microsoft will do anything.

Microsoft already know about this, they have known about this project since the beginning, but as long as they are not pirating anything it is very unlikely Microsoft will do anything.

No, you get permanently banned from their online service

Microsoft already know about this, they have known about this project since the beginning, but as long as they are not pirating anything it is very unlikely Microsoft will do anything.

I don't think i was clear enough in my previous post so i shall try to explain with more clarity. You can't access LIVE if you have a mod-chip, this is fact, but you don't get banned for having Xbox Media Player on your Xbox. So far the only way to play on LIVE is by disabling your mod-chip while playing a game, they don't ban consoles they just don't let you on the LIVE service if you have your mod-chip enabled, turn it off and you will be able to play on LIVE.

I don't think i was clear enough in my previous post so i shall try to explain with more clarity. You can't access LIVE if you have a mod-chip, this is fact, but you don't get banned for having Xbox Media Player on your Xbox. So far the only way to play on LIVE is by disabling your mod-chip while playing a game, they don't ban consoles they just don't let you on the LIVE service if you have your mod-chip enabled, turn it off and you will be able to play on LIVE.

From what I have read it's permanent

News.com article on Xbox Live problems

how does one enable or disable the mod chip? i didnt know you could do that

it's entirely dependant on your modchip, but i belive most have a switch coming off them that you simply switch on and off

Every mod-chip can be turned off, unless you have changed your original Bios chip. All you need to do is solder a few points together and connect them to a switch which is outside the Xbox.

Now thats just plain silly. If you bought the Xbox with your own money, then bought the Xbox Live Service with your own money, and decide to mod your Xbox and get banned, do you get a refund of XBL? I mean cmon, you spent your own money on a Xbox, so why cant you do what you want with it?