Free Vista Biz/Office..us only

ATLien_0    3,643

keep getting connection interrupted or cannot be displayed this morning i had 4 pending now i cant check to see what the deal is?

Martog    70

don't get me wrong but isnt vista business like 800$ retail by itself so how much tax will we have to pay on this ?

Vista Business is only $300 (its the successor to XP Pro), you might be thinking of what Longhorn Standard Server will cost and no idea about the tax.

Gabe3    12

keep getting connection interrupted or cannot be displayed this morning i had 4 pending now i cant check to see what the deal is?

unplug your router and use your modem directly, i get that error now too.

cosrocket    4

OK, so the three webcasts I chose now changed from "pending" to "completed". What happens now, am I supposed to get an email confirming everything went ok ? I don't see where it says congratulations or anything like that as some have posted. If you do get an email how long after the webcasts are marked completed should I expect the email?

WooSH    0

WTH!?

its says its sold out!

i only watched two of them so far. so does that mean theres one for me or that im too late?

edit: this is for only Windows Vista. anyone know the answer? this is really starting to bug me...

edit2: i think that it is reserved for us. if you look into the vista biz page it says continue watching ur webcasts. i dont think they expect everyone to watch all of them in 2 days especially the live ones.

Edited by statix1
zerolimit    8

did anyone get a confirmation email? I didn't get anything and have had complete for a couple of days now.

xxdesmus    0

Can anyone even access the Vista page?

Brandon    299

Sweet! Installing Vista now on my laptop.... hopefully will be getting the key in the next month or im screwed.

Im hoping the OEM version that i get from toshiba can be installed on my desktop (since id rather have home prem on that then on my laptop)

xxdesmus    0

^^ I'd imagine the cd key they will give you for the OEM copy will be Toshiba specific...as in, you can only install it on a Toshiba computer.

I have a copy of Win XP Pro that came with my Dell laptop that I never installed (because I started testing Vista), and it will not install on anything other than a Dell if I using the supplied cd key.

Just a heads up.

-Viper-    0

Can anyone even access the Vista page?

Nope. :no: Getting a DNS error every time

Code    0

Wonder why its down for.. :s

toy4x4    0

Watched three Vista and three Office webcasts yesterday. All three are pending. Hopefully the sold out means that no one else can signup and those pending will turn to complete and get their copy.

zerolimit    8

side is up for me, no problems what so ever.

toy4x4    0

And all the pages work fine for me. Using firefox..

Gabe3    12

nevermind

Edited by Gabe3
Code    0

I wonder why its working for some but not for all.

zerolimit    8

works fine here! maybe microsoft block your comp. :whistle:

Code    0

If they did, what for? The office side is working.

ATLien_0    3,643

sweet im back in all 4 are completed hope i still get a copy since the went through before the sold out stamp went up

xxdesmus    0

now the weird thing is, when I ping http://vsd.powertogether.com/ ...it literally does not. It doesn't even time out, it just doesn't do anything until it says "cannot resolve" ...hmm... any ideas?

can someone give me the IP that it resolves to?

Edited by xxdesmus
WooSH    0

in firefox it says that the Connection was Interrupted by the site.

so this is intentional i believe.

i have a hunch on how to get around this...

unplug ur router. and go directly though ur modem. im at a uni rite now, so its not worth unplugging the router here lol.

LoneWolf3669    0

Both sides are working fine for me. Mine still say pending but I got them done before the sold out badge went up, so hopefully I still get it.