Learned PHP, Made Scripts...

Question

Well in the beginning of my web programming career I came and asked here in Neowin and asked which web programming language I should be learning. Many people recommended PHP and I myself was fascinated by the awesome features of PHP. So i learned PHP, worked here and other, started rcms-pro.com and all is going well. But for some reason I feel very limited in PHP and planning to convert my scripts to other languages. So for example perhaps release the Perl, or Coldfusion version of RGameScript Pro :p.

So from your experiences which web programming language will be better for me to learn. For example ASP, Coldfusion, Perl etc..etc..etc...

I am researching on something that will be easy to learn and at the same time majority of the people use scripts written by that language. :yes:

4 answers to this question

Well in the beginning of my web programming career I came and asked here in Neowin and asked which web programming language I should be learning. Many people recommended PHP and I myself was fascinated by the awesome features of PHP. So i learned PHP, worked here and other, started rcms-pro.com and all is going well. But for some reason I feel very limited in PHP and planning to convert my scripts to other languages. So for example perhaps release the Perl, or Coldfusion version of RGameScript Pro :p.

So from your experiences which web programming language will be better for me to learn. For example ASP, Coldfusion, Perl etc..etc..etc...

I am researching on something that will be easy to learn and at the same time majority of the people use scripts written by that language. :yes:

I do not see how PHP is still not the way to go. It continues to gain popularity and has many advantages over the other languages you mentioned (in my opinion). I think I would research your choice of switching languages a bit more before you make the jump. My 2cents

I am not completely going to switch. Just going to develop my softwares with other language so that non-php lovers can enjoy the same product written in a different language. So for example there are people who might want a script written in ASP rather than PHP.

I would say ASP, only very specific scripts can be written in other languages, ColdFusion I have never used (although am interested in it) requires some time, and specific services not avaliable to everyone, although i know some people swear by it. I would go ASP, similar advantages to PHP plus more i believe

Check out C#. Not only can you write web applications for ASP.NET, but you can also write just about any other application with it - Windows app, Windows Service, Console App....

Also, I'd like to point out that there is a difference between ASP and ASP.NET. ASP.NET is the .NET successor to ASP, and I would consider learning ASP a step backwards...