'Goblins' May Be Newest Endangered Species

Hum    6,934

Hakon Robertsen of Norway has refused to tear down a condemned barn on his property because of the goblins he claims live there, the Aftenposten reports.

Robertsen was ordered to tear down the barn in 2005 after complaints from neighbors, but has continued to refuse on the grounds that the "little people" who live there will make bad things happen if he does. He is even willing to sue local authorities in order to keep the barn protected.

"I don't believe in ghosts, but underworld creatures have taken up residence in the building," Robertsen said to the local newspaper Nordlys.

He wouldn't go into details about what he meant, but he said that if he were to comply with the court order, it would be bad news for his life and health.

"A while back I removed the top of the building and that is an experience I will not repeat," he said, and points out that the barn is built on an old Viking site.

He offered to build a fence around the barn, but otherwise remains steadfast in his determination to leave the goblins' homestead as is.

Robertsen is being fined $47.50 per day until he demolishes the barn.

source

The Gunslinger    9

He could be telling the truth (no sarcasm at all). And why do his neighbours want the barn torn down so badly :alien: ?

Hum    6,934

^ His neighbours are afraid of Goblins ! :woot: