Halo 3 Television Advertisment

Yea, basically they are saying that Digital Domain didn't have to go and re-create their own Master Chief model and other "gameplay elements" models that will be found in Halo 3. This is to ensure that it looks in line/on par with the Halo universe but with the added benefit of CGI (aka flawless rendering, lighting, animations, etc etc).

If you read the Update, you will see the following:

* The commercial is a mix of CG and Live Action.

If you read the Update, you will see the following:

I'm talking about the CGI aspects of the trailer. I was not referring to any actual gameplay footage that they may or may not decide to show.

I'm talking about the CGI aspects of the trailer. I was not referring to any actual gameplay footage that they may or may not decide to show.

Okay well, Giga said the commercial wasn't going to be 100% CG. Then, you said it is going to be 100% CG (still referring to the commercial). So it's pretty clear in those couple posts you were referring to the commercial. I just quoted a different post.

When they say Live action and CGI I presume that means real-life and CGI.

NONE of this is gameplay/ingame/gameengine..or whatever.

this trailer will look so slick :yes:

Edited by acies

Right well its become apparent that it will be mixed with live action, however it still stands that all the cgi areas are prerendered, i just want to get that across because if it isnt clearly stated some fanboy will arrive saying "ZOMGZ DAT R NOT INGAME!!1"

Okay well, Giga said the commercial wasn't going to be 100% CG. Then, you said it is going to be 100% CG (still referring to the commercial). So it's pretty clear in those couple posts you were referring to the commercial. I just quoted a different post.

Giga said that it's not 100% CGI because Bungie has given them some assets of Halo 3 to use. The way I interpreted that is he may have thought that the trailer has some in-game aspects, which it clearly will not as it's 100% CGI.

I have no idea what "Live Action" means and I think they're just being vague about it on purpose.

Here is Bungie.net's clarification of the commercial:

The commercial is 60 seconds long.

It will air during Monday Night Football on December 4th. Sometime around 6-ish, PST.

That’s the US date. Everyone else will get a chance to see it soon.

An HD version will appear on marketplace fairly soon.

The commercial is a mix of CG and Live Action.

It is not supposed to represent gameplay.

It is supposed to show pure action from the Halo universe. Think of it like the Graphic Novel.

It was made by Hollywood effects house, Digital Domain.

Digital Domain did base its stuff on our in-game 3D models.

It is packed full of clues and stuff.

It is nifty.

We may host it on Bungie.net at some time in the future.

Giga said that it's not 100% CGI because Bungie has given them some assets of Halo 3 to use. The way I interpreted that is he may have thought that the trailer has some in-game aspects, which it clearly will not as it's 100% CGI.

I have no idea what "Live Action" means and I think they're just being vague about it on purpose.

Here is Bungie.net's clarification of the commercial:

The term Live Action has been around for forever and a day. It refers to real life.

Live action

In film and video, live action refers to works that are acted out by flesh-and-blood actors, as opposed to animation. Live action is the norm in film and video, and thus the term is usually superfluous. It is an important distinction, however, in situations where one might normally expect animation, as in a Disney movie, a video game, or when the work is adapted from an animated cartoon, such as the Flintstones or Josie and the Pussycats movies, or The Tick television program.

The term is also used within the animation world to refer to non-cartoon characters. For example, in a movie such as Who Framed Roger Rabbit where humans and cartoons co-exist, "live action" characters are the "real" actors such as Bob Hoskins, as opposed to the animated "actors," such as Roger Rabbit himself.

That clarify it up a bit?

The term Live Action has been around for forever and a day. It refers to real life.

That clarify it up a bit?

Ah, I see. But I don't see why a primarily CGI commercial needs Live Action? I guess it's supposed to be representative of what the movie would look like, eh?

BTW, I love that movie (Who Framed Roger Rabbit) :p

Well seeing as this page is for UK, I am glad we will get to see it (for those who don't yet have Xbox 360 also ;)). Looking forward to it. Remember everyone, also today is the day you can sign up for the beta at Halo3.com.

Well seeing as this page is for UK, maybe we will get to see it (for those who don't yet have Xbox 360 ;)). Looking forward to it anyway. Remember everyone, also today is the day you can sign up for the beta at Halo3.com.

Yep, check the time. 2:15 AM GMT ;) (which is 9:15pm EST ~ NFL time)

Nice, so we can see it at the same time? Or is it an hour after the US TV appearance? I hope it is HD.

It probably will be HD, but it depends on the broadcast, of course.

When it goes up on the XBLM it will be in HD.

I will have a 360 soon. So even if it isn't I can just get it on my 360 :). I know it might be naughty but I think I may register for the Halo 3 beta for Spring as I will have a 360 by then anyway.

The signup is tomorrow... why do you have that in your sig? ^

Monday 4th here in UK ;) And Giga, I don't mind if I get in or not and nether should anyone else. Microsoft ether picks you or they don't. You still have as much chance as getting picked as anyone else. Besides, there is 3 threads on here or more and it's on IGN and everywhere else, how is my Signature going to make such a big difference ;).

Edited by DarkGashX

I think they might do something along the lines of real actors and CGI elements and/or backgrounds.

<Snipped>

I just remembered it would be aired during Monday Night Football on ESPN. I was all happy and anxious to watch it on my way back from school. :pinch: