Halo 3 Television Advertisment

why in one scene tehre is an atv and in the other a warhag (whatever that vehicle is) (4x4 )

It's an ATV throughout, you just can't really tell from certain angles.

http://gamevideos.com/video/id/7897

Actually a pretty good dissection- the best I've seen so far.

WOW, they bring up an excellent point. When we see the Spartan Helmet laying on the ground, it's almost exactly where the girl's head was, and when the camera in in FPS of Master Chief looking at the helmet it's almost exactly where the boy was laying. So that really bring some strong evidence to the theory that the boy is young Master Chief and the girl may be Kelly (since the helmet being there signifies that she's also a Spartan). It definitely makes sense, definitely adds up. Excellent spot. :yes:

why in one scene tehre is an atv and in the other a warhag (whatever that vehicle is) (4x4 )

Both the atv and warthog is in the setting. Just different angles and views--one view you get a shot of the atv and the other you see the warthog.

^^Yup, both are in the trailer. Its kinda hard to tell the difference in the smaller versions of the trailer, but the HD version really brings them out. Scenes are just done at different angles.

So the pretty grass and kids at the beginning of the trailer..... ya they arent fake but real as in living breathing things:

The funniest thing about the reaction to last week’s TV commercial was probably the oft-repeated claim that the CG on the two kids looked super fake. Which is especially amusing given that the kids, and even the clumps of grass around them, were real. It was all filled with real actors in a real studio. The CG doesn’t begin until you see the Chief’s helmet for the first time.

Source

So since the kids are real.... they cant be related to the MC... since hes fake and lives only in video games. :shiftyninja: Further pondering of meaning I must.

The real actors and grass would be the "live-action" portion of the trailer that they were talking about. Its probably just special effects that make them look somewhat "fake".

So the pretty grass and kids at the beginning of the trailer..... ya they arent fake but real as in living breathing things:

So since the kids are real.... they cant be related to the MC... since hes fake and lives only in video games. :shiftyninja: Further pondering of meaning I must.

Lol, right. They're still part of the trailer, no matter live action or cg. :p The voices and backdrop are too connected to think otherwise.

I figured I would go ahead and add my own analysis to the trailer. I really had nothing better to do. Some of it has already been discussed others things I dont remember reading. Its kinda long though, so here you go:

The Trailer starts out with two young children lying in a grassy field talking. The young boy asks the girl, "Do You Ever Wonder What's Out there?" The young girl asks "like what?" The boy replies, "Maybe someone out there is wondering what its like here." The girl looks over and replied "I guess, do you think we will ever meet them?" Without any pause the boy says "I hope so, don't you?", and then looks over to the girl and in her place is a Helmet from the MJOLNIR armor suit. What appears to be screams abruptly fills the sound waves, and the scene abruptly changes from a grassy field to a sandy desert environment, followed quickly by and explosion that pummels sand into the air. The camera moves from the helmet lying in to the sand, to the sky above. We see two objects flying overhead with trails of smoke. They easy have an outline of the standard Covenant Banshee. You see a hand wave in front of the screen, and instantly recognize it as a Spartan as the familiar MJOLNIR armor accompanies it as well as this being a first person perspective.

Ill start my analysis here. Most people would already think that this already without a doubt the Master Chief. I however wouldn?t think so until a little bit later in the trailer when Cortana?s voice is heard. However I did come to the conclusion that boy and girl in the field was a flashback of the Spartan on screen. It?s a sign of simpler times. Many people reminisce on simple time such as early childhood memories, in times of stress. This would seem to be no different. Bungie has gone ahead and said that this trailer takes place on earth. However, to me the flashback itself could have taken place on any planet. Some might argue that the helmet is in the place of the girl and the grass looks the same when it transitions to the desert sand, so therefore it must be the same location. My take on it is that the helmet arriving in the dream is the Spartan?s conscience returning him back to present time. Odd things that appear out of place in dreams tend to wake the human mind from its slumber and I feel that the helmet appearing is no different.

Back to the trailer for now. Now we see the hand of the Spartan move over and grab the helmet. As the Spartan is doing this you can hear muffled radio voices and then the same young girl?s voice repeats her last question ?Do, you think that we will ever meet them?? This would further confirm for me that the grassy field scene was a flashback and the Spartan on hand is now thinking of the irony behind that question and his response to it.

The Spartan then proceeds to put the helmet back on his head, and then the camera transitions into 3rd person. If your ears are keen enough you can once again hear the little girl, only this time in a low whisper ?Time to go? she says. My guess on this would be that it her saying this is actually pertaining to the situation at hand. Where the Spartan has stayed idle long enough. It could also have been back when they were in the grassy field as kids and it was time to return home.

Immediately after you hear the voice of Cortana in which she says ?Chief, Leave me.? This right here is where I would confirm that the Spartan is indeed and truly the Master Chief (MC). And after further analysis of the childhood scene, it would further implant in my mind that the boy was Master Chief (John). The boy has brown hair and if pay real close attention to his mouth you can see when he opens it, the gap in his front teeth. Both of these are characteristics of John when he was a child (Fall of Reach novel).

As the Chief regains his bearings, the radio voices come into clarity and it appears to be radio chatter from his fellow UNSC marines. They talk about falling back. In the scene you see the MC taking 3-point stance and look on the ground for his MA5C assault rifle. Behind him you see an overturned damaged warthog. It is definitely un-drivable now as the passenger side front tire is completely missing. I would have to guess that the MC was en-route to join up with the fellow marines and took a hit from incoming fire whether it be, from the banshees that were overhead or a wraith plasma mortar blast.

As the radio chatter continues we hear another voice ask ?Any Sign of the Chief?? A reply of ?Negative Sir, I think we lost him? ensues. The MC attaches the MA5C to his back from what logically seems to be some sort of magnetization. It?s described in the Fall of Reach novel that items can be attached to armor via magnetic strips, such as tactical nukes. As the MC does this you can see some indirect plasma fire being shot into the sky, most likely from wraiths, and a large ominous cloud in the distance. The MC replies ?Not Yet? to the last marine?s transmission but only to himself it seems like. There did not seem to be a Comm. Channel open up to broadcast his message.

The MC stares down toward his right hand and we can see that he is holding some sort of cylindrical object and has now armed himself with the pistol in his left hand that was attached to his thigh. The MC presses a button on top of the cylinder and orange lights glow on the side. He throws the cylinder into the sand in front of him and takes a squatting position. The cylinder generates a bubble shield around him. We also see an overturned Mongoose ATV appear in this scene. I would guess from this that the Chief also had company with him while driving towards their destination. I would also guess that they did not survive the initial explosion which halted their progress.

A plasma mortar comes in and impacts directly in front of the shield protecting the MC and obliterates the Mongoose. As the dust settles you can see the Chief unharmed and the shield dissipates. It is believed that this shield will be featured into Halo 3 gameplay. I for one have to agree. I don?t exactly know how it will be incorporated. Some speculate that it will be function of the new mysterious X button. I am going to leave it up in the air for later discussion.

The Chief then starts off in a dead sprint towards a cliff. As he does it, the familiar sound of the Halo themed music plays in the background. As he gets closer to the cliff he holsters his sidearm and pulls out the MA5C again. Shortly after another impact of an indirect fire (IDF) round explodes in the Chief?s face. The Chief merely side steps it and continues towards the cliff. As the chief hits the edge of the cliff, you can count at least 7 wraiths launching IDF. As the MC launches himself off of the side of the cliff we also see a group of 14 Brutes in new armor all wielding the new Brute Spiker except for one. The brute in the center seems to be the leader of the pack. He has a red left arm armor plate and either a red helmet or traditional red flag that Brute captains wear. Some speculate that this brute could be the Brute Chieftain and replacement to Tartarus, as he is wielding a hammer which is very similar to the gravity hammer, Fist of Rukt, which was the primary weapon of Tatarus. I would say both are possible. I would also denote from this scene, that they are one of the lines of defense to stop the humans from reaching the ark, which is most likely located at the ominous cloud in the distance. Bungie has said that these events of this trailer do occur around the same time as the E3 2006 announcement trailer. I would have to say that this trailer takes place before the E3 trailer, just for the fact that the chief has not yet reached the ark and the ominous cloud in the distance would seem to be his destination.

Some other thoughts of the trailer:

John never set foot on earth as a child. He grew up on Eridanus 2 until about the age of 6. Then he was inducted into the Spartan II program and all his training took place on the planet Reach. Therefore I would have to say that his childhood flashback took place in one of those two places. And the flashback was just his state of mind not actually physically there on earth where he lied temporarily unconscious.

The little girl could be a fellow Spartan trainee or another random childhood friend. Depending on where the scene actually took place. Some say because of the standard bland military style clothing that it took place on reach when they were in training. As well as the children pose themselves more maturely than an average 6 year old. They way I see it, is not who the girl is, but the context of the conversation and how it?s applying to a battle ridden and fatigued Master Chief.

The shield bubble seems to be disposable as in the trailer the chief does not pick up the cylinder. So I?m going to guess that it could be the new function of the X button but is something that is picked up throughout the game. I don?t think it will be integrated with the MJOLNIR suit as it seems that would be a UNSC waste of resources to make it only work with limited number of Spartans and not the rest of the UNSC defense force. Perhaps it?s either integrated with all UNSC armor or the cylinder does all the generating itself. I?m inclined to believe the latter. I also noticed that when the MC activates the cylinder that 4 scale-like pieces pop up on the top of the cylinder. When the cylinder is thrown into the ground the scales pop out and fall into the sand. It?s possible that they could have something to do with the shield generation.

Final Thoughts:

Overall I thought the trailer was fantastic. Digital Domains did an excellent job bringing it together and giving it the feel of the Halo Universe and the ongoing battle with the covenant, even though it left a lot more questions in my mind than answers.

I find it surprising that many people failed to notice that “Any Sign of the Chief?” was said by Sgt. Johnson. :huh: At least the voice sounds so familiar.

The voice probably being Sgt. Johnsons has been brought up in other circles. I kinda doubt it, however Id love to believe it.

My only problem with Johnson being on earth already is how he got there. Currently Johnson is with Keyes and a few other marines with the Arbiter who for all intents and purposes seems to be an ally in the war. If this in fact happens I'm going to be ****ed, though I don't see how Bungie can undo what they did in H2.

With this probably happening, then I can see the Arbiter and Half Jaw mustering the last of the Elite fleet and sending them with Johnson and crew back to Earth to stop the prophets and their suicide mission. That would explain the absence of the Elites in the recent trailer, thus making the Brutes as the baddies of the game.

I know people have griped about this, its been said, and Ill say it again: Bungie F'ed up when they portrayed an aspect of the covenant as "too human". I cant envision anytime soon how the MC would ever work with a faction that murdered and destroyed the people and things he has been sworn to uphold and now consider them as possible allies.