• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

"Drug Addict" Please Read.

Would an addict flush his stash if told he was an addict; to prove he was not an addict?  

156 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Intersect    238

Thats bull.. People who say oh i can quit any damn time i want, they are full of **** and are in denial.

total bull crap m8 those type of people just dont have a stong mind to give it up. if i chouse to i could give up the weed and never have another splif EVER! . so not every one is in denial when they say they can give up.

acies    0

I have never taken any kind of drug... never even smoked, that's because I never wanted to. If someone wants to give something up they have to want to give it up.

Laura    146

This sounds all so familiar.

I gave up pot and a year later gave up smoking. Its been 2 years since my last joint and 1 year since my last cig.

I dont miss the ciggies any more, however i get strong cravings for pot when i drink, so i dont tend to drink all that much all to often any more.

I also miss being stoned, but because i know how it made me when i smoked it, i resist temptation and have not fallen yet.

I think pot is very addictive in a mental way rather than [physical, but addiction is addition.

The last time I smoked weed was during the summer. The stuff I had made me rather anxious and paranoid, so I ended up flushing half of it away. I had cravings for it before and after the flushing, but I never smoked more than once a week because I was working and a few weeks after I got rid of the stuff, I was fine.

Occasionally I wish I had some, the feeling of relxation is awesome, but then I remember the negative side.

I don't know why smoking natural plants is considered bad/addict but oh well...

Just because it is "natural" doesn't stop the negative effects smart ass.

Thats bull.. People who say oh i can quit any damn time i want, they are full of **** and are in denial.

My mom smokes 1 pack of cigs a day, she tells me every day that she could quit whenever she wants to, but You know and i know that she is full of ****.

You can be addicted to weed and dont come out saying that oh weed isnt addictive.. Any drug is addictive.

Cigarettes are highly addictive so obviously she's full of crap. As I mentioned before, I've had phases where I had cravings for weed (and alcohol) and refused to give in. There's no hard and fast rule to this - it depends on the person and their chemical of choice.

Panacik    27

The last time I smoked weed was during the summer. The stuff I had made me rather anxious and paranoid, so I ended up flushing half of it away.

I never had that, but did pull a whitie a few times. The worse and best time was when my dealer had some home grown super strength. I smoked about 2 pulls on it and was fine. Everyone else was smoking joint after joint of the stuff and all started spewing and being ill. It was horrid.

After about 30 minutes i couldnt control my legs and started shaking real bad. I went to the kitchen where i was alone (becasue i didnt want anyone to see me like that). I started walking backward and forward around the kitchen. Suddenly i felt like i was walking on air, i actually had a trip from the stuff. I was floating, then spinning around. I was talking to people and felt like i was being wrapped in coton wool and felt all warm and a rush of excitement and enjoyment run all over me.

That was the best experiance i had. No one else could understand how i had a good time, but i guess it was because i had only 2 pulls instead of canning it like the others... i knew my limits.

I often think about popping to Brixton or Camden to score some hash to drink, but i know deep down its no good and i would soon be pulled back in to the worl of drug abuse again, so steer clear of it all.

M1ke    0

Addiction is all in someones head. That's what I believe, whenever I do something and I want to stop I stop.

snyper    0
The last time I smoked weed was during the summer. The stuff I had made me rather anxious and paranoid, so I ended up flushing half of it away.

musta been shrooms u been smokin...

Why would u flush ur stash? why why why why??? why?

I dont smoke alot but i do enjoy the few times i would surround myself in the purple haze.

Brodel    14

Rich, are you saying that you are unable to control your consumption between smoking every day, and not at all?

For years I would smoke maybe once every other week and have been 4 months without any without a problem but over the last 6 months or so I've smoked pretty much everyday and although it's no excuse it really is very little (I'm talking half a joint most nights, usually more on fridays). I'm familiar with the telling myself I could stop, but I do honestly think I could because I'm pretty well self disciplined, it's just so easy to get and if I'm sitting in my room in the evening watching a film with a joint is so much better than without. After reading this thread though I think I'm gonna try and go without any from sunday and see how I do. I don't smoke generally so I guess that helps, all my friends that started to smoke weed now smoke ciggs too apart from one person.

Do you think you're completely unable to just smoke once every two weeks or something like that?

M1ke    0

My response to that is no, if you have the will to do something you do it. If you are a bitch you keep doing what you were doing. Smoking is the same as drinking some people do it every night some people do it once a week.

I like to drink very much so, socially. But when my girlfriend says no more I don't go sneaking around and drink every weekend. I like it a lot it's nice to chill too but it is not an addiction. Chilling everynight smoking a joint or drinking a few beers are one in the same they both are drugs.

rbet    0

I don't know why smoking natural plants is considered bad/addict but oh well...

Well there's nothing artificial about rattlesnake venom either. :laugh:

snyper    0
Well there's nothing artificial about rattlesnake venom either

Thats not as easy to roll in to a joint.

M1ke    0

They do put snake venom in some saki in japan I can't remember the name of it though.. I'm sure some of you on here have heard of it.

Edit: It's called Habu Sake

Edited by M1ke

Panacik    27

Addiction is all in someones head. That's what I believe, whenever I do something and I want to stop I stop.

Yes, its all in a heroin addicts head...

Rich, are you saying that you are unable to control your consumption between smoking every day, and not at all?

For years I would smoke maybe once every other week and have been 4 months without any without a problem but over the last 6 months or so I've smoked pretty much everyday and although it's no excuse it really is very little (I'm talking half a joint most nights, usually more on fridays). I'm familiar with the telling myself I could stop, but I do honestly think I could because I'm pretty well self disciplined, it's just so easy to get and if I'm sitting in my room in the evening watching a film with a joint is so much better than without. After reading this thread though I think I'm gonna try and go without any from sunday and see how I do. I don't smoke generally so I guess that helps, all my friends that started to smoke weed now smoke ciggs too apart from one person.

Do you think you're completely unable to just smoke once every two weeks or something like that?

My pot addiction was quite bad realy. I would smoke a joint before work, a joint ready to smoke straight after work and would smoke 5 to 6 joints an evening.

I dont mean small joints either, i mean real packed ones.

It got the point that i needed more and more to feel the effect, so i started to think it was time to either try harder things or stop altogether.

I decided i didnt want to risk messing my life by doing ahrder drugs (i used to drug run for dealers with harder drugs and so have seen the effect of harder drugs on people), so i gave up. I gave up about 5 times, each time slipping up and starting again. Each time i started again i smoked more and spent more on the addiction.

I ended up spending about ?100 a week if not more to keep myself going.

On my 5th attempt to give up i never turned back. Basically the thing i did was, i got realy ill (cold and chest infection etc) and made myself smoke large quantities of it whilst i was ill.

This made me feel worse rather than better and so i went completely off the effect and gave up.

Now i do crave it still though and think that i could just have a little hash tea to curb the feeling, but unfortuantly if i do then it would be back to square one for me, so i wont let myself slip. I also have a good woman who looks out for me and wont let me slip up.

snyper    0
They do put snake venom in some saki in japan I can't remember the name of it though.. I'm sure some of you on here have heard of it.Edit: It's called Habu Sake

Yes actually now that u mention it, i have seen a documentery on somthing like that a while back.

Mike    89

^ Well if it's not a need then why does he do it daily? I think he does need it.

assuming you use a computer / watch tv daily, you are then addicted to computers / watching tv?

just because someone does something daily doesnt mean they NEED it, when i played football daily at school i did it because it was fun, i didnt NEED to and so not addicted :p

Slimy    13

^ Football is not chemically addictive to the human body. The body needs exercise. The body needs food. The body does not need drugs.

DMHolt57    6

You like sugar in your coffee or tea? You like black pepper on your eggs or other foods? Ingestion of plant materials by one means or another has been practiced since the beginning of time. The Free Mexican Airforce is flying tonight! :shiftyninja: :bounce:

beh    0

^ Football is not chemically addictive to the human body. The body needs exercise. The body needs food. The body does not need drugs.

There is pretty much no physical addictive properties from marijuana, and only a little bit mentally addictive. You don't get withdrawals from marijuana, and you don't get withdrawals from watching TV everyday.

Echilon    1

If you're smoking every day, you're addicted. Whether you claim you could stop if you wanted to isn't important.

Jock Horror    1

nice poll... will catch a fire the joint right now...

SacrificialSoldier    0

I'm not sure.

and NO!

C++    0

I really don't think that flushing weed or being under the impression that you could stop smoking it any time institutes that you have a healthy relationship with it.

As far as the first question, it's only weed... It's not heroin. When you flush it, you aren't "giving up" anything. You know full well you can get more for the price of a cheeseburger.

And as far as the second question, how exactly do you know that you can quit for good until you do it?

Farstrider    298

Dec 10 2006, 12:00 This thread is pretty old SacrificialSoldier, C++!! :whistle: