[UK] So who is getting a Wii?

+Peewee210

I have also decided to get a nunchuk, So i will have 2 remotes and 2 nuchuks :D

tomwarren

I wanna play one 1st but I'm seriously considering it just for Zelda.

iBeech

Pre-ordered... although my local store isn't going to be open at midnight :( Might have to go at 7 o clock in the morning :pinch:

Can't wait :bounce:

It wasnt a midnight launch at my local gamestation for the 360- i got up at 5am, was 1st in line- they opened at 7 :)

I'm going to get to my local gamestation around 11pm to hopefully beat the queue for 00:00 ! :D i hope thats enough! although it doesnt really matter :)

Joel

Actually some games will only support the classic controller, i suggest getting a classic controller and GC controller as you'll be guaranteed full compatibility. I believe Mario 64 only supports the classic controller and Nintendo have said others will only support the classic controller.

Nope, it's fine with the GC controller.

http://wii.nintendo.com/virtualconsole.jsp

And yes, I have it so I'm not just going by the table on that page.

Andrew

Are VC games a one off payment? Or after deleting them you're charged to download them again?

Sheppard

I wanna play one 1st but I'm seriously considering it just for Zelda.

Thats the only reason im getting mine, was hoping for Mario Galaxy as well but thats a year off now :(

azz0r_wugg

I decided I didn't want one, then last week it hit me I really wanted one.

However I've left it to late, cant get a pre-order anywhere.

Pheee

I am out of the UK from the 8th Dec to 8th Jan so i guess i will try to get one once i am back. I would get Zelda, and see what else comes out until then.

Joel

Are VC games a one off payment? Or after deleting them you're charged to download them again?

You can d/l them forever for free once you've paid.

Andrew

You can d/l them forever for free once you've paid.

Excellent, thanks for the info :cool:

BouncinDave

I'm going full out this launch

Going to get LoZ - Twilight Princess, Red Steel, Rayman and Wii Play, plus a full set of controllers (4) a classic controller and 2000 points

Then the next month comes the new HDTV :p (i hope)

nvme

Actually some games will only support the classic controller, i suggest getting a classic controller and GC controller as you'll be guaranteed full compatibility. I believe Mario 64 only supports the classic controller and Nintendo have said others will only support the classic controller.

all of the games in the virtual console list right now support both. i looked.

Lingwo

What i am saying though is that is better to get the classic controller as it will support every VC game now and in the future.

DrCheese

I was going to get one(A friend had it on preorder for me) but I only really wanted to play Zelda... after a lot of thinking I've decided to cancel it and just get Zelda on the GC and a component lead on ebay or something.

I can't really justify spending ?240 for a new console for one game that I can already play on existing stuff that I have.

That and upcoming games for the wii are rather naff at the moment.

Coldgunner

I was going to get one(A friend had it on preorder for me) but I only really wanted to play Zelda... after a lot of thinking I've decided to cancel it and just get Zelda on the GC and a component lead on ebay or something.

I can't really justify spending ?240 for a new console for one game that I can already play on existing stuff that I have.

That and upcoming games for the wii are rather naff at the moment.

pff.

cancelled that pre-order and added zelda, cod3 and gc wavebird wireless controller to amazon order. cod3 is coming from play.com:p they say they got it in stock:O

Lingwo

Looks like play.com also 'had' Twilight Princess :p

ramesees

I might pick one up in January or later, I'll see what games come out and how well its received.

Hopefully by then the shiny black ones will be available :D

I've the Xbox260 for the moment thats keeping me entertained

Coldgunner

xbox 260? same thing but 100 digits cheaper :p

Kravex

I pre-ordered the Wii + extra Wii Remote bundle from PC world in early October but can't have it to Christmas :(

Well it's going to Santa obviously :D

Got one on pre-order but the stock date keeps changing, the online store I have it on order from now say they won't get them in till the 18th, at that rate mine will be sitting in a delivery warehouse over Xmas :(

cod3 is coming from play.com:p they say they got it in stock:O

Went to blockbuster last nigh and the Gamestation inside has CoD3 on the shelf and you can buy it! :blink:

Edited by kravex
stezo2k

I wanna play one, if I like it i'll be getting one

ramesees

xbox 260? same thing but 100 digits cheaper :p

Ah yes, just before lunch, blood sugars low, a hard mornings work......yadda yadda yadda :blush:

multimediatechy

i was considering buying this at some point - i'm not impressed with that sport game that they have been showing though to be honest!!! looks to simple and babyish - if they have decent games then i would consider it more.

PabUK

I am! GAME phoned today to confirm it would be ready to collect from 7am on Friday. Can't wait. :D

Also getting Zelda (duh) and Wii Play, though they might not arrive on Friday because they're from various online stores (much cheaper plus I can always make do with Wii Sports for now).

Coldgunner

well, I'm geting mine at amazon.co.uk + ngc wireless controller + zelda

getting cod3 from play.com

just realised I posted already... jeez!

Amnesia

I certainly want one, but I haven't pre-ordered.

Guess I'll see my luck.