your opinion on prices

Question

Hey, without promoting the site just wondering what everbody thinks/feels about these webhosting prices:

?0.50/month

100MB Disk Space ~ 500MB Bandwidth/Month

5 Subdomains ~ 5 Email Accounts

1 MySQL Databases

?0.80/month

250MB Disk Space ~ 1.5GB Bandwidth/Month

30 Subdomains ~ 30 Email Accounts

3 MySQL Databases

?1.60/month

500MB Disk Space ~ 4GB Bandwidth/Month

80 Subdomains ~ 80 Email Accounts

8 MySQL Databases

?3.00/month

1000MB/1GB Disk Space ~ 9GB Bandwidth/Month

200 Subdomains ~ 200 Email Accounts

15 MySQL Databases

?8.00/month

3000MB/3GB Disk Space ~ 27GB Bandwidth/Month

700 Subdomains ~ 700 Email Accounts

50 MySQL Databases

?26.00/month

10000MB/10GB Disk Space ~ 100GB Bandwidth/Month

2500 Subdomains ~ 2500 Email Accounts

200 MySQL Databases

let me know what you think, if you think their expensive/dont offer enough for the pric:)etc :)

Jon

4 answers to this question

This'll be a tough one because everybody and their brother offers "web hosting solutions" (usually by means of some cheap linux based reseller account). I'd just research it.

Interesting prices. From my experiences nowadays majority of the people actually ignore the packages who provide 100 MB space no matter what the price is. I would recommend make maximum of three plans and let the user to customize the packages or completely custom order one :). The pricing is great, its just people runs away when someone says they will provide unlimited space/bw and/or the price is just too low or too good to be good :).

This'll be a tough one because everybody and their brother offers "web hosting solutions" (usually by means of some cheap linux based reseller account). I'd just research it.

yup i know what ya mean, im not reselling though, it is my server.

Interesting prices. From my experiences nowadays majority of the people actually ignore the packages who provide 100 MB space no matter what the price is. I would recommend make maximum of three plans and let the user to customize the packages or completely custom order one :). The pricing is great, its just people runs away when someone says they will provide unlimited space/bw and/or the price is just too low or too good to be good :).

we already accept custom orders, think i will work on this and improve our custom order system, yeah i was worried about perhaps having to many packages, and i know what you mean about the running away i just. Its anonying too as we are genuine, have 99% uptime and dont oversell at all, when other companies out there oversell big time eg. one such site i shall not name was offering 200GB and 2TB bandiwdth for $7.99/month :|

thanks for the advice :)

Don't be intimidated by some companies offering such packages. They are just starting out and basically trying to to reach customers. By chance if a website actually takes up that much resources and server can't handle it, the web hosting company's reputation just sinks. And also companies who provide that much space most likely have file size limits, restriction on CPU usage and even how many scripts can execute at the same time.

Make sure you submit your company's name and package details in hosting directory and try to reach a particular Niche. And make sure the people you are trying to reach can actually purchase your service.