What is after DVD?

seriously im sure HD-DVD and blu-ray will be an intermitent format for maybe 3-5 years max if that and then HVD's will be moving in and all should be merry but seriously for now with this HD stuff just give it a time till universal chips come round and you'll be able to get blu-ray or HD-DVD it wont matter both will work like DVD -/+ R/RW

HD-DVD because you can buy hybrid drives that have dvd on one side and hd-dvd on the other side. Guess what that means. You can buy them now, use them in your dvd player. Later on, when the prices drop, you can buy a hd-dvd player + HDTV and you're set.

Like some others that have commented, no one really knows at the moment, and I wouldn't believe anyone that said otherwise.

Give it a bit of time, but eventually they will most probably be usable on the same devices in a couple of years.

hd-dvd but that is just my opinion. I think consumers will buy hd-dvd over bluray because of name alone. They know what HD means and DVD means, but will think what the hell is bluray. If they are older consumers, they may even recall sonys horrible luck when starting their own format.

I think it's going to end up being a choice on what you prefer more, I personally will be going for Blu-Ray in the near future, because I support the Playstation 3 over the Xbox 360.

If they are older consumers, they may even recall sonys horrible luck when starting their own format.

You don't need to be old to have lived through on of Sony's format failures.

MiniDisk, anyone?

• 2 weeks later...

Just wait and see tbh... the majorformat is still DVD. If u wait u'll be sure to have the major player in the future. But then again if every1 waits this will be decided in the consolewars imho