Is it better to play in 720p or 1080i?

If it's truly 1366x768 - then I think your ideal situation is to use a VGA cable and set the 360 to that exact resolution.

But over component, that means 720p is your best bet.

http://www.olevia.com/jsp/products/detail.jsp?pid=542i

Thats my tv. So with 1366x768, best to go with 720p? Also, if i got a vga cable for the tv, how good would my pc games look on the screen?

My other question.... I have a set of Logitech z-680's that i had hooked up to my old xbox through that advanced av pack they sold. Now, i see that the 360's hd cable on the back of the unit has a optical end. To connect my old xbox to the 680's i had to use an optical cord. Is this port on the back of the 360 the same that was on the advanced av pack?

Also, my tv on the back has a optical port as well. Would i be able to hook up my 680's directly to the tv?

Edited by Sedriss

It really depends on the game. RTS titles I'd say 1080i FPS titles I'd say 720P and for RPG I'd leave that up-to the user to try both and see what they prefer.

Some games will prefer the higher Frames Per Second and better refresh of a progressive 720 signal while other games like an RTS won't mind and the higher resolution would increase the entertainment value.