Samsung LNS3251D LCD TV

This TV has done nothing but amaze me, from analog to HD channels its brilliant. I'll be buying a proper stand for it this weekend, and I have one question about HDMI. If I connected the PS3 over HDMI to the TV - is HDMI both audio/video? Or would there be a seperate cable from the PS3 > Home Theater along with PS3 > TV by HDMI? Or does HDMI do both?

What would get me the best audio and video quality?

Thanks.

It comes with a table-top stand, but I want to replace the table with more shelves etc. :)

HDMI is audio/video in one that's good, thanks. :) I was originally planning on wall-mounting it but then there would have been cables hanging from the TV down to the bottom of my wall, which would've looked quite ugly. :/

Did you buy the same 32" TV? If you did can you let me know how your Xbox 360 looks on it when you get the TV? Thanks. :D

yeah i got the tv from amazon yest, i was going to mount is but than I would have to make holes in the wall to hide the wires, kinda useless if I want to move the tv, so I have a cabinet which matches the tv nicely, and il use the stand, see how it looks

I have to buy a 360, but i'll probably get the wii first because of zelda

I think I have a problem - whenever I'm running 470p or 1080i in GT4 on my PS2, whenever there's a time in the game the screen goes black, (in 470p)the TV turns all green for a second and the game comes back, and if I'm on 1080i the screen flickers for a moment, is this because I'm running those resolutions on the PS2?

Yes i also just recently got this tv for xmas and i was wondering how u guys set up the picture quality alignment (like what is ur bright., contr., tint., etc.) set at? Because i seem to have a problem with this ESP when im playing GT4 and i'm in dark areas since all of the blacks seem to just be the same color, and there seems to be no difference between all the blacks on the screen and sometimes that can be really annoying if im playing a darker game since i cant see anything... Do any fo u have that problem or something similar? Esp. if u have a black car in GT4? The difference in the blacks is not as vibrant as i tested on a friends Westinghouse HDTV. Yes my ps2 does use component cables (the hd one).

Hmmm...will it do that much if i do?

fine ill try it

It's supposed to turn off some extra processing enhancing the responsiveness of the set and, supposedly, increasing game image quality though I'm not sure the latter is anything but marketing.

It's supposed to turn off some extra processing enhancing the responsiveness of the set and, supposedly, increasing game image quality though I'm not sure the latter is anything but marketing.

It does remove "jitter" from the game and brightens and sharpens up stuff. It's removing the filtering that is used to clean up compressed signals from what i can tell. I have a 3292D so I use gamemode frequently.

Also for inputs, I use my AV receiver to handle this. This A. allows me to mount the tv without working about changing cables. And B, adds more room for expansion. I have multiple component, multiple HDMI, and multiple composite and svideo. Its however, alot more expensive.

I got this.

http://www.harmankardon.com/product_detail...245&stype=S

Speakers are on there way soon. Probably some Bose.

Edited by Liquid

have any of you notice the crappiness of the speakers?

esp the base

Well its not bad its just the tv i had before had amazing, rich base and i just miss it

how did u guys set ur eq?

Flat panel TV's in general have pretty poor speakers (many smaller LCD's like this especially) because of the form factor required. Nothing much you can do.

Well i finally tried the game mode thing

and it didnt do much

i still think that the blacks are just toooo dark and i cant discern the difference between them

and brightness and contrast are not doing much

have any of you notice the crappiness of the speakers?

esp the base

Well its not bad its just the tv i had before had amazing, rich base and i just miss it

how did u guys set ur eq?

I found the speakers to be OK, nothing special, but I ended up buying a home theatre to go with it, so the TV speakers stay off. :D

also how do I hook up these

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Z-5450-Digi...p;s=electronics

to this tv?

First of all, wow those must be one of the best speakers in the world. I have 2.1 logitechs for my computer and trust me they sound amazing. Try the headphone jack, i did and i was not impressed. I do not know how to plug it in with the a/v though. Also heres three things to do first: Since u have speakers, dont worry about the eq and stuff: 1. Set the contrast and brightness to 70 (first put picture at custom) 2. Set Energy Savings to low so u can get better blacks 3. And if u play games set it on gamemode

• 9 months later...

Set doesn't have HDMI 1.3 since it's last year's model. HDMI 1.3 is nice to have, but unless you have a panel that supports the higher bit depth, there's not much else to gain on the video side of things.

Why doesn't 1080p matter on a 40" test? Because bored employees tend to experiment and no one can tell the difference between 720p, 1080i, 1080p on a 40" set.

In five years, we'll still be where we stand now, with no 1080p broadcasts and until 1080p is the most prominent broadcast signal, 1080p sets are a luxury item. There is no "future of HD" as HD is now and 720p/1080i are here to stay.

Also, comparing computers to this topic is useless because it's an entirely different thing. In this case, cable companies and satellite companies are struggling to find room to fit in 720p/1080i broadcasts. Where do you think 1080p is going to fit in? Simply put, it's not. Hell, at the moment, they aren't even sure they want to chnage the ATSC standard to include compression methods to better accommodate the resolution. Most people agree that even if they do make the changes, broadcast 1080p, even when the bandwidth is available, won't occur for quite some time because a very small percentage of the tuners/sets on the market can even interpret the signal.

The only time 1080p makes any sense is when you're looking at going 50" or larger and, in that case, the higher resolution will make a noticeable difference especially since any set with a good de-interlacer will give you 1080p quality from 1080i broadcasts.

Finally, finally, my god, finally someone sees it the way I do. See I have no problem at ALL with buying a 1080p set, i would even like to buy one myself if I needed a new tv. The one, and absolutely single most important detail is that you will find NO tv, broadcast, cable, satellite, ect... whatever you want to call it in 1080p HD. You may be the biggest movie buff or gamer, but almost all will use their tv more for watching espn, nbc or cbs then you will playing your games or watching your movies. Making your 1080p, not the future, but just another feature.

as for this TV, i have this exact same tv. Ive had it for awhile now, and every damn time I turn it on im impressed like I was the day I got it. Actually over time it had looked better as ive watched it more. I cant really say much about analog tv though since I dont really watch the SD channels anymore, but when I do it dosnt really look that bad. Everyone that sees this tv just says "Wow!", really, I have yet to have a person not be impressed.

and yes the speakers do suck pretty hard