• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

First Sight of Snow This Year

madcappp    0

well before you pass judgement on my photos, i want to see yours. Maybe you should listen to me. Or not say that my photos arent "aesthetically appealing" the other people who have commented here seem to like it. Maybe my photo's just arent your type.

First of all, I'm allowed to say whatever I want without having to prove myself to you.

Second of all, I'm right, it seems as though your ego has become swelled by the barrage of positive responses, which explains why you jump on the first person to give you rational yet negative responses.

Third of all, here are a few of my photos:

260188744_a91bb9055e.jpg

301501359_2ca0808829.jpg

296890501_b0f227e7a1.jpg

Edited by madcappp

raskren    0

First of all, I'm allowed to say whatever I want without having to prove myself to you.

Second of all, I'm right, it seems as though your ego has become swelled by the barrage of positive responses, which explains why you jump on the first person to give you rational yet negative responses.

Third of all, here are a few of my photos:

<quoting images is bad, mmmkay?>

He's right, you know.

While the original poster's photos were exposed fairly well, composition needs improvement. There's nothing visually interesting going on. A bit boring. You "frame" and "sign" your photos as if they're works of art, which they're not. Just a city street with a dusting of snow. The subject in all of your photos is ambiguous.

Edited by raskren

Ridgeburner    6

Hmm, some clouds and...a floor? I have no idea what that last picture is supposed to be but they're all pretty boring if ya ask me :sleep: Reminds me of something out of the Office 95 clipart gallery :laugh: Anywho, goodcase, good job on the pictures! Snow is my favorite part of living in the north east :yes:

madcappp    0

Ignorance is bliss.

raskren    0

well before you pass judgement on my photos, i want to see yours. Maybe you should listen to me. Or not say that my photos arent "aesthetically appealing" the other people who have commented here seem to like it. Maybe my photo's just arent your type.

Even if he wants to provide criticism that deviates from the majority opinion of the forum he's not allowed to? Has Neowin really gotten that bad? Why are you so sensitive, goodcase? Accepting criticism, both good and bad will make you a better photographer.

Edited by raskren

madcappp    0

He's got something right, bland and unappealing photographs aren't my type. :)

Andrew Lyle    341

the first one has this big red line across it.. i'm not a fan of that look.

the second one is very nice :yes:

accesser    2
the first one has this big red line across it.. i'm not a fan of that look.

the second one is very nice :yes:

Yeah I like that affect when your taking picture of traffic but I thought it distracted you a bit from the snow in that picture but that?s just us goodcase everybody?s different so it?s a constructive kind of cri:Dque :D

goodcase    5

I'm not getting angry over the fact that somebody gave negative criticism. It just seems that whenever i post something on neowin, it ends up turing into a giant flame fest because nobody on neowin seems to like what other people do. No matter what it is.

As for your pictures, they are very nice.

This might besomething to relate to your bottom picture:

leafmediumqx4.jpg

This being one of my favourit pictures:

1351035573_l.jpg

And for clarification. I wasnt trying to make my pictures all professional. My friend went to cuba for the week and she loves snow. I told her i would take pictures of the snow so she wouldnt miss it :p Those are 3 pictures that I happened to like so I thought I would share them.

madcappp    0

Haha, you're angry that people have different opinions?

But differences aside, I've noticed you're new to photography and you seem to be taking a lot of photos, which is a great thing for people new to photography.

Continue to shoot.

dieterich    0

It just seems that whenever i post something on neowin, it ends up turing into a giant flame fest because nobody on neowin seems to like what other people do. No matter what it is.

I totally agree with that!

I'll go ahead and say that stop signs are red. Someone will come along tomorrow and flame me because they are blue in their country....

madcappp - I don't think any of us have a problem with creative criticism. However, the way in which you said what you did was a little harsh. That's why people react the way they did. It's fine that you feel that way about his photos. You could have easily said that you wished he had tried doing xxxxx or next time use xxxxx. If you are someone's peer and have something negative to say, you should at least give them something to learn as well(that's where the "creative" in "creative criticism" comes from). :D All he's learned is to not put himself out there else someone will come along and knock it. I don't know any photographer that thinks they know EVERY technique and composes a perfect picture each and every time. As we are always learning, teach......

A spoonful of sugar...... :whistle:

dL    0

That's nothing lol. You should check out YVR ;)

dL

Fred Pocius 406    0

I'm not getting angry over the fact that somebody gave negative criticism. It just seems that whenever i post something on neowin, it ends up turing into a giant flame fest because nobody on neowin seems to like what other people do. No matter what it is.

As for your pictures, they are very nice.

This might besomething to relate to your bottom picture:

leafmediumqx4.jpg

This being one of my favourit pictures:

1351035573_l.jpg

And for clarification. I wasnt trying to make my pictures all professional. My friend went to cuba for the week and she loves snow. I told her i would take pictures of the snow so she wouldnt miss it :p Those are 3 pictures that I happened to like so I thought I would share them.

What do you use for the picture frame and the signature in your pics, Photoshop?

goodcase    5

What do you use for the picture frame and the signature in your pics, Photoshop?

ya, just photoshop and rage italic...i hate my frame/sig though, i want to create a new one haha.

Stephen    38

damn miss snow

:'(

ste

SamNeeds    0

It snowed a bit more tonight so i got a few more shots, this is the only one that i liked:

Great job on that one! :)