"40" After Ghost

I need some help here.

My current image (abc.gho) contains 2 Operating System.

Windows 2000 Professional SP 3

Mandrake 8.2

I multicast the image using a ghost server into 30 PCs, and once i reset all the computers

after the multicast sesstion ends. All the 30 PCs will display a loop of 40. The errors looks like:

40404040404040 (keep looping)

Is it because ghost 7.0 cannot detect linux mandrake 8.2 filesystem?

I try to sysprep for windows 2000 and never seen that error before so i suspect is linux causing it.

Is there any solution to fix it?

Regards,

Chua Wen Ching :wacko:

Just to make it clear the "4040404" is displayed before i can see my boot menu (where i can choose between Windows 2000 Professional and Mandrake 8.2). It is in dos.

Any suggestions?

Regards,

Chua Wen Ching :wacko:

well, when i messed up my mbr, streams of numbers scrolled on the screen when i booted, i dont remember if it was 4040 though. But if it is your mbr thats messed up, just put in your 2000 cd and get into the recovery console and type fixboot and then fixmbr. that will repair your mbr.

mbr? What is mbr stands of?

Thank you for the solutions but if i use that method i need to fix all 100 PCs.

I not sure whether this is the problem. My linux partition is 3GBytes but when i use ghost 7.0 (my hard disk is 20GBytes), it automatic increase my linux partition to 5GBYtes. Can linux partition increase automatically? Is it because of this? The problem is i try to set back to 3GBytes whenever i ghost the image but i revert back to 5GBytes.

If it is because of the partition size, any software which can stop ghost 7.0 to revert back to default size?

Regards,

Chua Wen Ching :D

My fellow colleague had increased the size of the Linux partition (not sure how he do that) from 3GBytes to 3.1GBytes. All the "4040404" loop is gone.

BUT...

When the computer boot up, they can able to see the word LILO and then it hangs. Need to restart and hang again.

Any idea why LILO will hang. Any other solutions.

I will ask my fellow colleagues to try out the recovery console.

Regardsm

Chua Wen Ching :no:

Dear Deimos,

The fixboot and fixmbr able to let me boot up my windows 2000. But the problem here is i need to reinstall my linux. Is there any difference when choosing LILO and GNUB? Previously i use LILO can it stuck but now i choose GNUB it works.

If i use LILO and want to change it to GNUB without uninstalling linux, is it possible?

Regards,

Chua Wen Ching :yes: