[Review] Sony MDR-Q66LW Mp3 Headphones

Sony MDR-Q66LW Headphones for Mp3 players

B0007N55NC.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

The rundown

Well it may have cost me $30.00 but it was worth it. Tonight I purchased the Sony MDR-Q66LW Headphones for Mp3 players. At first I thought the prong was to big for my ipod, and I was leaning towards a $20 pair by Phillips that went in the ear cannal and came with a case.I then took my ipod and took the head phone prong and compared it to the Sony one and sure enough it matched the right size. I still wasn't sure, since It said on the box "For walkman use". So I asked the guy that worked in the depmarment and he said any 2" prong should fit the ipod, and he also recomend this set since it fits over the ear and not in the ear to ruin my ear. So I bought the sony and I have to tell you, it's a WHOLE lot better the the old stock phones I had before.

Reason why I bought a new pair was because on the right phone of my old ipod phones, the enitre cover peace was off along with the internal stuff that alows the sound to be produced threw the speakers. So only my left one worked and its not that good. Why listen to a song with only 50% sound?

The Review

The new phones sound great. Almost close, if not at High def. I set my EQ to "Acoustic". That along with the sound qullty of the phones provides an music experance thats just wonderfull. The cords are made out of some kind of matteral that I can't discribe, but I like it. It makes it less breakable. You know other head phone cords have the cord with a thin plastic wraped around it. Those are just screaming "BREAK ME! BREAK ME! Also another note about the cords, with one push of a button on both ear peaces you can retract the cord for storage. I havn't found a Case for them ( or if they even do make a case.. any one with these phones and if they have a cast, please point me in the right direction to where I could get them, thanks ) Also, the phones go over the ear, as shown in the picture above.

Pros:

Great sound, Very close to HD.

Cord retracts inside the ear peace for quick storage.

Phones go over the ear, and ear peace covers the entire ear for maxuim sound.

Gold prong. Provides better quality.

Cord goes over the neck, So it won't be in the way,

Nice and Conferable.

Cons:

None that I can find.

Bottom line

I realy enjoy these new phones. Even though I had them for around a hour now, they still derserve a quick review. Sony makes realy good products. and I'm happy to own these.

If your looking in to geting new phones for any Mp3 player you own ( iPod, Creative, iRiver etc ) I recomend these. If your a huge sound guy, and I know quite a few here on neowin are. get these. You won't be sorry.

10/10

• 2 weeks later...
how stable do the hold on to your ears? lets say if you are running?

Well, they hold on prety good. Havn't tried then running, since I don't run.. :pinch: they just have a rubber grip that goes over your ear.