"hooking Up" Ps2 Or Getting An Xbox

Recently I bought a GameCube... Wooooaaahhhh that's awesome!!! It's been years since I played so great games... the nintendo games are superior.. in everything for me... gameplay, originality... of course the GC graphic can't be compared to the Xbox... but who cares when the only good thing is graphics?!? Try to play Mario, Resident Evil, ZELDA (that will come out soon...), StarFox.... ecc... ecc..

and it's cheaper to.

honestly, I don't think the Gamecube takes a backseat to the xbox or the ps2 in terms of graphics. I don't know why everyone seems to think it does. Its just as powerful and cranks out the same level of graphics that the other 2 systems do. I only think it gets this rep has having the "worst graphics" is because all the games made for it aren't shooting for ultra-realistic graphics. BUT thats not to say that there aren't any games with really excellent realistic graphics..because there are.

I felt that the GC graphics were su-par because most of the titles for it looked very childish. After trying Metroid Prime I can honestly say that I feel the GC is capable of graphics that are way above the PS2. The only thing the GC lacks is a good library of titles that will appeal to older gamers and younger gamers(like Metroid Prime). I don't feel that the GC or PS2 can rival the X-Box in terms of graphics because the X-Box has the huge graphical advantage called the GeForce(with alot of Video Ram and Anti-Alasing capabilites).

(EDIT)I have tried some of the Mario stuff for the GC......Mario falls into the category of the childish looking games that made me think the GC graphics were sub-par to the other consoles(What happened to the good ol' days of Super Mario World?) .

It's comments like that that REALLY irritate me. Why does a game need to have dark and realistic graphics in order to be considered powerful? Super Mario Sunshine has some incredible graphical effects & it's a shame that it hasn't sold better. What you just stated doesn't make any sense.

We are all in agreement that the Xbox has the most superior graphics, no questions asked ok? Just b/c a game has bright graphics doesn't mean that the games are "childish". Anyone remember "Eternal Darkness" or the re-made "Resident Evil"? Resident Evil looks alot better on the Gamecube then on the PS2 & now take a look at Resident Evil 4 (My god does that game look beautiful!)

What happened to the good ol' days of Super Mario World?

That comment kinda contradicts what you just said about "childish" graphics. Super Mario World had bright and cartoony graphics and it is considered one of the greatest SNES games, one of the greatest Mario games & one of the greatest games of all time.

The only thing the GC lacks is a good library of titles that will appeal to older gamers and younger gamers(like Metroid Prime).

I'm an older gamer. i'm 24. I'm an adult. I'd consider myself mature.

and here's the kicker... ready?

I like Mario..and Zelda..and whatever.

Believe it or not, older gamers like this stuff too.

The people who say certain consoles are better than others because of the more "mature" looking games are actually spotty 14-19 year olds who want to look tough in front of their mates and admitting to liking mario makes you some sort of geek... :(

The people who say certain consoles are better than others because of the more "mature" looking games are actually spotty 14-19 year olds who want to look tough in front of their mates and admitting to liking mario makes you some sort of geek... :(

Yeap and you probably hit right on the money. I'd like to see someone make an argument against your statement "Greenmeany." Bravo!

I don't feel that the GC or PS2 can rival the X-Box in terms of graphics because the X-Box has the huge graphical advantage called the GeForce(with alot of Video Ram and Anti-Alasing capabilites).

:laugh: the funniest thing ive heard all day

i dont think there is anyone here that doesnt know what a geforce is

next thing you know is you will be telling us that PCs have a huge speed adavtage over macs because they use something called the pentium and tell us what one is

I don't feel that the GC or PS2 can rival the X-Box in terms of graphics because the X-Box has the huge graphical advantage called the GeForce(with alot of Video Ram and Anti-Alasing capabilites).

next thing you know is you will be telling us that PCs have a huge speed adavtage over macs because they use something called the pentium and tell us what one is

LOL...LOL...LOL...LOL :D :D :D :D

The only thing the GC lacks is a good library of titles that will appeal to older gamers and younger gamers(like Metroid Prime).

I'm 22, I like Zelda(I never said I didn't like Zelda ;P) and I like the old Mario games that actually had some kind of a point. Mario has been going downhill lately. I mean...Mario Party, Yoshi's Story, Luigi's Mansion.....WTH kind of crap is that? Each one of the above listed games are very childish(I know, Yoshi's Story is N64...not GC...SMW2 for the SNES was more fun and had more of a point than Yoshi's Story). Mario 64 was a good game for younger and older gamers. I don't know anything about Mario Sunshine because I have never tried it or seen it being played. If it is anything like the MArio Party crap then I'm sure I will never want to touch it. Even though Mario 64 was fun I have to say from my personal opinion that I think Mario games were the best when they were a 2D side scroller.

It's good to see that Nintendo didn't screw up the Metroid Series and the Zelda series with pointless childish releases of games featuring Link, Samus Aaron, Zelda, Gannon/Gannondorf, etc.

Well, obviously everybody knows what a GeForce is. That is not the point you facktard. The point is that GeForce has graphical cababilites way beyond what the GFX chipset in the consoles of comparison(the GC and PS2) have. BTW, that thing called the Pentium is better than the Apple G4 right now because even though the Pentium is slower than the G4 at an equivalent clockspeed that slower pentium reaches much higher clockspeeds than that aging G4(the high clockspeeds more than makes up for it being a little slower). A 2.53ghz P4 can kick the snot out of the fastest G4(aren't they only at like 1.12ghz right now?). The sad thing is, a system with that P4 is is alot cheaper than the systems with that aging, not going anywhere fast G4.

Look at this, a 2.53ghz P4 handily beating a Dual 1ghz G4 MAc.

http://www.digitalvideoediting.com/2002/07...cw_macvspc2.htm

I can only imagine how badly a 3.06ghz P4 with Hyper Threading enabled system beats a top of the line G4 system.

I'm 22, I like Zelda(I never said I didn't like Zelda ;P) and I like the old Mario games that actually had some kind of a point. Mario has been going downhill lately. I mean...Mario Party, Yoshi's Story, Luigi's Mansion.....WTH kind of crap is that? Each one of the above listed games are very childish(I know, Yoshi's Story is N64...not GC...SMW2 for the SNES was more fun and had more of a point than Yoshi's Story). Mario 64 was a good game for younger and older gamers. I don't know anything about Mario Sunshine because I have never tried it or seen it being played. If it is anything like the MArio Party crap then I'm sure I will never want to touch it. Even though Mario 64 was fun I have to say from my personal opinion that I think Mario games were the best when they were a 2D side scroller.

It's good to see that Nintendo didn't screw up the Metroid Series and the Zelda series with pointless childish releases of games featuring Link, Samus Aaron, Zelda, Gannon/Gannondorf, etc.

Well you have to play Mario Sunshine before telling is a crap or childish. Is one of the most fun games I've played in years... and has nothing to do with Mario Party and so on....

By the Way... i'm 27, i've been playing with videogames since I had a Commodore 64 when i was 6... i consider myself mature... and I have a GC... I play Resident Evil, Zelda (I love the cell shading styleeeeee)... and Mario of course... :woot:

I don't think that a consolle is better than other because of the Gore Style... ahahahah what a crap is that? ;) Look at Eternal Darkness... is so scary.. with incoparable sound... atmosphere... and wait it runs on the same consolle that runs Mario!! :D

I'm kidding... but it's just to focus the point....

and one last thing... the GC is the less hardware powerful consolle of the 3... numbers at hand... but that doesn't mean that has worse games... it's simply much better used !!! :woot:

I remember a show at nintendo that prove the GC can move 13 millions polys full effects, and no more... (was something with a car made of 13.000 polys, replicate 10 times... that was spinnig).

And 13 millions polys is less that the 18 million claimed by ps2 or the 29 (if i remember well) of Xbox.

Either way... I've never seen anything jaws-breaking on the other 2 consolle compared to GC... so, the GC is much better used!!! (for me, of course....)

Definaltly go out and buy the consolle have the games you like the most !!!!

I'm 22, I like Zelda(I never said I didn't like Zelda ;P) and I like the old Mario games that actually had some kind of a point. Mario has been going downhill lately. I mean...Mario Party, Yoshi's Story, Luigi's Mansion.....WTH kind of crap is that? Each one of the above listed games are very childish(I know, Yoshi's Story is N64...not GC...SMW2 for the SNES was more fun and had more of a point than Yoshi's Story). Mario 64 was a good game for younger and older gamers. I don't know anything about Mario Sunshine because I have never tried it or seen it being played. If it is anything like the MArio Party crap then I'm sure I will never want to touch it. Even though Mario 64 was fun I have to say from my  personal opinion that I think Mario games were the best when they were a 2D side scroller.

"Childish"...PULEAZE!!! Mario Party is a great party game (what does it matter if isn't like the other Mario games, it's a different genre). I havne't played Yoshi's Story but from the review I read on IGN, it wasn't great. Luigi's Mansion wasn't bad bad game either (it was more of a technology demo for the Gamecube). Super Mario 64 was a magnificant game and so is Super Mario Sunshine (it's a shame Mario Sunshine hasn't sold better :no:)

I've played Mario Party a few times and I can say it is a great game when you are playing it with other friends, but it sucks when ur by yourself.

I also know that the comments on the Mario games are your personal opinions so I can respect that...

Whatever floats your boat!

That just goes to show how much you know. For one, I'm 22...not 14-19. Secondly, I don't own any consoles so I don't try to impress friends with video games. I'd rather impress friends and strangers with things like my car(s), my g/f, my house, etc. I don't really give a crap if someone is impressed with video games that I own.

The way I look at it is...why do I need a console when I have a machine that is able to play beautiful games, is able to surf the net, is able to be used for work, is able to be used to get music and videos that I like, is able to be used to communicate with friends, family and people that I have never met before in my life, etc. ?

I'm 22, I like Zelda(I never said I didn't like Zelda ;P) and I like the old Mario games that actually had some kind of a point. Mario has been going downhill lately. I mean...Mario Party, Yoshi's Story, Luigi's Mansion.....WTH kind of crap is that? Each one of the above listed games are very childish(I know, Yoshi's Story is N64...not GC...SMW2 for the SNES was more fun and had more of a point than Yoshi's Story). Mario 64 was a good game for younger and older gamers. I don't know anything about Mario Sunshine because I have never tried it or seen it being played. If it is anything like the MArio Party crap then I'm sure I will never want to touch it. Even though Mario 64 was fun I have to say from my ?personal opinion that I think Mario games were the best when they were a 2D side scroller.

"Childish"...PULEAZE!!! Mario Party is a great party game (what does it matter if isn't like the other Mario games, it's a different genre). I havne't played Yoshi's Story but from the review I read on IGN, it wasn't great. Luigi's Mansion wasn't bad bad game either (it was more of a technology demo for the Gamecube). Super Mario 64 was a magnificant game and so is Super Mario Sunshine (it's a shame Mario Sunshine hasn't sold better :no:)

I've played Mario Party a few times and I can say it is a great game when you are playing it with other friends, but it sucks when ur by yourself.

I also know that the comments on the Mario games are your personal opinions so I can respect that...

Whatever floats your boat!

You saying Mario PArty, etc. is great is nothing more than a personal opinion just like my dislike for some of the new Mario crap is nothing more than a personal opinion.

Opinions are like @$$holes, everybody has one.

Edited by Zombie9920

The people who say certain consoles are better than others because of the more "mature" looking games are actually spotty 14-19 year olds who want to look tough in front of their mates and admitting to liking mario makes you some sort of geek... ?:((

That just goes to show how much you know. For one, I'm 22...not 14-19. Secondly, I don't own any consoles so I don't try to impress friends with video games. I'd rather impress friends and strangers with things like my car(s), my g/f, my house, etc. I don't really give a crap if someone is impressed with video games that I own.

The way I look at it is...why do I need a console when I have a machine that is able to play beautiful games, is able to surf the net, is able to be used for work, is able to be used to get music and videos that I like, is able to be used to communicate with friends, family and people that I have never met before in my life, etc. ?

We're talking about games, and here are some games that you will NEVER be able to play on a PC/Mac. And alot of those games happen to be some of the greatest games ever created. And you know what, ANYONE can play them as long as they own the system the game was developed for. They don't have to worry about BSOD or worrying if their hardware is good enough to the play the newest games. Consoles have their place and so do PC's, it's just that certain games play better on certain platforms. No platform is the best for everything, each is good for certain types of games...

Edited by jago6498