Windows Vista Ultimate Extras

Windows Vista Ultimate Extras  

308 members have voted

1. 1. What do you want from Windows Vista Ultimate Extras?

• Windows Live Mail Premium Free
    • Windows Live OneCare Free
    • Eyecandy (Wallpapers, Sounds, Themes)
    • Extra Games
    • A Pony <VBG>

Windows Ultimate Extras are quite a mystery. Now if you're going to spend the big $$ on Windows Ultimate, what would you expect?

I'm disappointed with the sound scheme and the wallpapers in Vista Ultimate; I hoped for Wow and got WT*??! That's it??!.

:cool:

I've really started to wonder if Business would be a better choice then Ultimate. Be it that I'm getting it for free, I may not spend any money on Ultimate at all since the "extras" aren't that great.

I think that Extras are not going to be worth the extra bucks. It will probably be nothing more than a lame "Plus" Pack for Vista with gimmicky fluff. :hmmm: But I hope I'm wrong.

For what it's worth, I think Home Premium will be best value Vista edition. (Y)

A Pony will do me just fine. :shiftyninja:

After the big disappointment with Plus for Windows XP, I would rather spend the money and buy a nice Pony. :D

My Parents never did Buy me that Pony they Promised. :cry: :laugh: :p

Yea or we will get the same treatment we got with XP

They hyped the "Themes" thing, then officially released what.. 5 themes over the life of the OS?

So prepare for a couple of free things that you can get better versions of on the net for free from someone who is more creative.

I have "Ultimate" for the Media Center, and anything from the "Ultimate Extras" is simply a bonus. Willl I be a little disapointed if it only consists of a few themese / screensavers? Yes, but then again I didn't buy it for that...

On the flip side, this is the first OS from MS that I actually look forward to having something like a "PLUS" pack. The theme capability has real potential since the desktop is accelerated.

With something like Business, compared to Home Premium, I get rid of the Media Center, Parental Controls, Movie Maker, and DVD Maker, while gaining Remote Desktoping for working from home along with a couple of other things like Shadow Copy, so especially the Home editions don't feel like it would be right for me.

And Ultimate just has that "stuff I won't use" + "stuff I will use", so it's not really of much use either and just feels like a lot of cruft I won't use in that one.

As for any home entertainment tools missed that I might need, I'll probably just use third party tools for this anyway that I often find better. It's their business-oriented OS features that feels a bit harder to replace. Enterprise Edition would probably be the best, having BitLocker as well in addition to the features of the Business Edition while still cutting the toy crap. :)

Edited by Jugalator