Windows Vista Ultimate Extras

Windows Vista Ultimate Extras  

308 members have voted

1. 1. What do you want from Windows Vista Ultimate Extras?

• Windows Live Mail Premium Free
    • Windows Live OneCare Free
    • Eyecandy (Wallpapers, Sounds, Themes)
    • Extra Games
    • A Pony <VBG>

I speculate that extras were going to deliver the motion desktop? Maybe offer ew products for free like one care? How about WinFS!!! LOL! Or some other software other non Ultimate users would have to buy. Maybe some camtasia studio type software and open source! no i jest i jest.

The fact that the Ultimate Extras beta was limited and everyone has actually been truthful for the most part to their NDA makes me hope its something good. Anyone in the UE beta care to tell us at least if it justifies the Ultimate price?

Extra themes, ( like the 98 plus pack had, over 20 themes, not like XPs plus pack that had like 5 themes :x ) premium content, basicly things to bring your copy of Vista Ultimate to life.

Hmm, might it be feasible to assume that people will be able to rip these extra features for usability on every other copy of Vista?

I'm sure the pony will turn into a donkey at some stage.

Well, if i'm not mistaken, a "pony" is a horse crossed with a donkey anyway, so that wouldnt surprise me lol.

Well, if i'm not mistaken, a "pony" is a horse crossed with a donkey anyway, so that wouldnt surprise me lol.

That would be a mule lol not a pony.

i want one thing from extras.. a small theme!

vista is so massive, all the large icons, and toolbars really annoy me.. grr

haha just change your Resolution, change the icons to clasic style, and customize the tool bars to your liking. All can be done with the curent theme in vista,

Hmm, might it be feasible to assume that people will be able to rip these extra features for usability on every other copy of Vista?

yes, but they would still need to buy the ultimate copy of vista, and then the other copy... then it would be a waste of money and they could just stick with ultimate. Might not even work anyway.

I'll be disappointed if it's something stupid, but I'm not wasting any money on it as I'm getting it free from Intel's Retail Edge program.

haha just change your Resolution, change the icons to clasic style, and customize the tool bars to your liking. All can be done with the curent theme in vista

hmm, cant.. 1680x1050 is the highest my laptop goes :(

the parts that i'm talking about are the task bar (which i have set to two lines in XP, and its the same height as one line in vista! [ish]) and the bar at the top of all windows..

top.pngbottom.png

iv set all the icons to small already

ho hum.. guess it gives me an excuse to get a new laptop with an even higher resolution! :D

anyway, back to the topic!

I have Firefox installed on Vista and my small icons work the same as on XP.. oh wait I am using Mindfield.. maybe try that. It's pretty stable for me on Vista.

I think that Extras are not going to be worth the extra bucks. It will probably be nothing more than a lame "Plus" Pack for Vista with gimmicky fluff. :hmmm: But I hope I'm wrong.

For what it's worth, I think Home Premium will be best value Vista edition. (Y)

Do you actually know what the extras are??

The 98 Plus! pack had to be the best pack ever.It included so munch, that I'm surpirsed XP didn't even include that munch. I'm looking forward to ultimate extras, and are excited to see what we got in store. May be weekly downloads to the top 10 most popluar stuff.

Unless MS is using Office as the UE, it's probably just another thing to pretty up Vista

why would they use Office as the Extra? They may have Updates and extras for office, but I don't think the entire program will be office. other wise it will be called "Office ultimate extras"

:huh: You're joking? Right :unsure: That's a pretty lame extra to have. :|

yeah for those geeks that don't like cool looks and stick with clasic and basic stuff and are securty app, obestive....

The anmimated walpapers would be a bit nice I think... shows us how far we come in computers.,,,,