• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Windows Vista Ultimate Extras

Windows Vista Ultimate Extras  

308 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Sniper101    0

zOMG PONY!

I agree Coffeee :D. Pony for me :laugh: :D.

Ultimate Extras is really the Microsoft new Alternative to Plus Superpack and MSN net services bundled with XP

madnuke    0

Extra themes would be nice, kind of like the mentioned Plus packs that have been sold throughout the years.

BelowSky    0

For how many years am I getting support (virus definition updates) for OneCare? is it for 1 year? or should I get support until Windows Vista support itself ends?

panicswitched    1

hopefully it isnt "PLUS!" add-ons

Tech_Dude_5000    0

microsoft has stop making Plus! packs. Ultimate Extras is it.

1Frothy    0

No.. No no no no No. :laugh: It's not Plus! for Vista its superman.gifWindows Vista Ultimate Extras superman.gif :shifty:

Its the stuff they didn't have time to put in Windows Vista before it shipped and now Microsoft are adding them and charging extra for the privilege.

+Ely    213

Does anyone know if MS already started testing the ultimate extras beta? I was asked to fill out a survey asking me if I wanted to participate in testing them, but I havent heard from MS on it since.

kev64    12

Does anyone know if MS already started testing the ultimate extras beta? I was asked to fill out a survey asking me if I wanted to participate in testing them, but I havent heard from MS on it since.

It's a secret. :shifty:

:whistle:

S550    91

No.. No no no no No. :laugh: It's not Plus! for Vista its superman.gifWindows Vista Ultimate Extras superman.gif :shifty:

Its the stuff they didn't have time to put in Windows Vista before it shipped and now Microsoft are adding them and charging extra for the privilege.

superman.gif FTW

Tech_Dude_5000    0

:iiam:

CrimsonKnight13    0

This thread is great for the subtle humor :D

Morpheus Phreak    0

You won't hear from them now either. There's a reason why they have very very explicitly said DO NOT discuss the program whether you are in it or not.

1Frothy    0

You won't hear from them now either. There's a reason why they have very very explicitly said DO NOT discuss the program whether you are in it or not.

:laugh:

I can assure you that the minute the beta starts the screenshots will follow. That's how it always goes.

And the super secrecy? :rolleyes: Ever heard of clever marketing. ;)

If Microsoft wanted super secrecy they wouldn't ask the public (beta testers) to be in it.

Tech_Dude_5000    0

I can assure you that the minute the beta starts the screenshots will follow. That's how it always goes.

If Microsoft wanted super secrecy they wouldn't ask the public (beta testers) to be in it.

its not truely plubic unless its a plubic beta...

Digitalx    17

plubic :rofl: heh

smctainsh    2

plubic :rofl: heh

My thoughts as well. :D

Smctainsh

cbosdell    4

What would I like for the isane pricing of Vista Ultimate?

- Windows Live Onecare free

- The Ability to change the taskbar in aero to either match the color scheme selected or use presets like black (current) or white.

- All the old XP Visual Styles (Luna, Royale, Zune) as options for use along with Vista Basic and Classic

- Old Options from Disk Defragmenter including % done and the such restored

- New games

- Something else

Inertia    41

All of the above, and an internet connection paid for a year, and bill gates own teeth, for the money they are charging i dont think its to much to ask :)

freightgod    0

Can anyone verify something for me about Windows Vista Pony Edition please. Will the pony come with built in drivers?

CrimsonKnight13    0

The drivers will be full of highly efficient horsepower for long gallavanting in the digital woods.

Morpheus Phreak    0

They didn't ask the public, they were handpicking some people from their tech beta (in other words bound to Non-Disclosure Agreement) group.

It was never a public beta invite and those who've violated their NDA by posting the e-mails showing their connect handle will be removed from the running for this beta and for future betas.

As for the super secrecy. Ever heard of keeping your mouth shut when told to for a good reason?

As for screenshots, anyone who leaks out screenshots from this beta will have their head handed to them on a silver platter.

destined1ne    0
As for screenshots, anyone who leaks out screenshots from this beta will have their head handed to them on a silver platter.

harsh words..

on a brighter note:

looking forward to ultimate extras :D

SnowRanger13    27

Really the first 4 would be nice.

jtversky    0

i want one thing from extras.. a small theme!

vista is so massive, all the large icons, and toolbars really annoy me.. grr

highlight the icons, and then use the scroll wheel on your mouse (like pressing ctrl and scrolling in IE)...that'll change the size of the icons dynamically!

trek    207

Can anyone verify something for me about Windows Vista Pony Edition please. Will the pony come with built in drivers?

no, kneecaps for the ponies are not included.