[Review] Sony Ericsson K800i

Jon 5

Ugly? I think it looks like a really cool phone. Too bad all SE phones are GSM.

dpanda

loving my silver k800i. =D

Ambroos

Never had any trouble with any SE, only thing i hate is that there aren't any firmware updates for my K320i yet... And that Orange branding is indeed annoying me (previous phone had it, current doesn't luckily)

Wannes

AND .... mine has arrived ! :D

* feels like a 10-year old receiving a lolly *

J.

Martyn
AND .... mine has arrived ! :D

* feels like a 10-year old receiving a lolly *

J.

A K800i is well better than a lolly, you can suck on this for ages and the flavour never goes...

:D

Wannes
A K800i is well better than a lolly, you can suck on this for ages and the flavour never goes...

:D

Now my keys feel all soft and spongy. :(

J.

Martyn
Now my keys feel all soft and spongy. :(

J.

Martyn accepts no responsibility for any bad things that happen to your K800i when sucking on it :p

Chad.C

I've had mine for a couple of weeks now and I'm lovin it so far..

My only quam with the phone is the slider for the camera.. It slides far too easily..

I'll have it in my pocket, pull it out and slider is off to the side... Wish there was a way to make it lock more firmly ...

Wannes
I've had mine for a couple of weeks now and I'm lovin it so far..

My only quam with the phone is the slider for the camera.. It slides far too easily..

I'll have it in my pocket, pull it out and slider is off to the side... Wish there was a way to make it lock more firmly ...

Sony Ericsson has always had that with their slider cameras (K750i, ...) and there is no way to make it more firmly. However when it only happens when you want to pull your phone out there shouldn't be a problem as you can close it immediately. I do understand it's irritating;);)

J.

dh5

As much as i would love this phone, i do detest SE joysticks :( on my old SE K700i the joystick just packed in completely. Now i have an SE W810i and I love it, the main reason for me getting it was no SE joystick!

LewisBraid

^i've had my K800i since before the release of it in the UK and i use it allot, the joystick hasnt once packed up on me, unlike my previous K750i. have faith ;)

Union Jack

Hah, I just ordered mine and can't wait to get it!!

Damo R.
Hah, I just ordered mine and can't wait to get it!!

Welcome to the world of greatness :D

rajputwarrior

unfortunately in north america, we get phones stupidly late, and i was wondering how the k790 is? i am about to pick up one of those

Dom
unfortunately in north america, we get phones stupidly late, and i was wondering how the k790 is? i am about to pick up one of those

Same as K800

Union Jack

I guess the only difference really is 3G/UMTS features on the k800i

feverfive

I've had my K790a for 8 months. If you're on Cingular here in the States, you should get this model b/c it has the 850 band (unlike the i & K800 version). I have loved mine, EXCEPT for the damn joystick.... It's a great mid-range phone, and I can see being happy w/ it for another few months at least. 12 months is a long time for me to have a phone...

MrBear5587

Nice review, even nicer phone! :)

I'll stick with my K750i for a while yet though, mainly just becuase I haven't had it that long.

This will probably be my next phone though :yes:

rajputwarrior
I've had my K790a for 8 months. If you're on Cingular here in the States, you should get this model b/c it has the 850 band (unlike the i & K800 version). I have loved mine, EXCEPT for the damn joystick.... It's a great mid-range phone, and I can see being happy w/ it for another few months at least. 12 months is a long time for me to have a phone...

yeha i just got mine and it's the A. I heard from a lot of places to make sure i get the A as the I is crippled, i don't remember the exact reason but yours sounds familiar. Yeah this phone will last me about a year, i really want an iphone.

• 2 weeks later...
CrisCr0ss

im using the ericsson k790a and its similar to this and wow do i love it

Popcorned1

I just ordered a k800i too. Cost ?150 from Tesco. The cheapest around.

By the sounds of this review, it's a great phone. Can't see to see what it's like. Does anyone have a picture taken with the camera? I'd love to see the quality.

Drew
I just ordered a k800i too. Cost ?150 from Tesco. The cheapest around.

By the sounds of this review, it's a great phone. Can't see to see what it's like. Does anyone have a picture taken with the camera? I'd love to see the quality.

Here you go mate:))

dsc00240dw3.th.jpg

Took this a few seconds ago:)) (Yes the playpark behind my house is being revamped hehe but its a lovely day here:DD)

Popcorned1

Excellent quality, thanks for that.

BTW : Nice estate ;)

• 2 weeks later...
inStereo

i just got the K810i delivered the other day and i have to say that it is amazing. the best phone that i have had and the picture quality and screen res is amazing.

+Dick Montage

I am this close (|--|) to ordering this phone. Problem is, it's almost a year old now, but there's still nothing that really superceedes it in my mind. The K810 has HORRIFIC buttons. And the Nokia n95 has a 5mp cam, but only LED flash...

Grrrrr!