Delete sent mail from in recipients inbox?

Question

Hello,

I accidentally send a wrong email to a recipient.

Is there a way to delete this email from their inbox (and/or maybe update the email I have already send)?

I use Outlook 2003.

Thx.

Edit:

The recipient has not read this email so far ( I hope at least).

6 answers to this question

Open the sent email.

Actions, Recall message

I don't see this option.

I'm using OL2003 on my standalone PC (so no Exchange or so) and have a POP3 mailserver defined.

Is this my configuration or can something else be the case here?

"Open the sent email.

Actions, Recall message"

by mastermate

and

Recalling only works on Exchange servers. In other words, within a company network.

I did manage to find the 'Recall option' by double clicking (opening) the sent mail and I have recalled and replaced the message.

Hope this did work, because I ticked the notification, but didn't receive one yet.

Thx for your quick help anyways!

If your not on the same exchange server the person you sent the email to is on.. No its not going to work!!

How exactly do you think that would work?? Please explain the logic of how something like that would work ;) Oh I get it, its work on the same way MS tracks who you forward stuff too and sends you money after you have sent it to all your friends :rofl:

Do you really think you could send another message to a person, and their email client would process this email and delete/change some other email? Yeah that would be a sweet function for virus writers ;)

If your on a normal ISP type email.. that message is sent -- there is NOTHING you can do about it!

Yes if your both on the same exchange server -- you might be able to use the recall function. But since your not - your out of luck, unless of course you can access this other users email account ;)

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/...0917601033.aspx

How message recall works

This feature requires you to use a Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 or later e-mail account. The recipient of the mail you want to recall must also be using an Exchange server e-mail account. For example, you cannot recall a message sent to someone's personal Internet service provider (ISP) POP3 e-mail account.