Vista Validation Update

Heh, this is so awesome, i mean not for you of course, but I just checked Vista Update and this doesn't come up for me....Living legit is going to be a lot of fun in Vista, when every week the piraters get forced updates and can't use their machine.

Poor "hackers" and their torrent sites. :devil:

Genuine users don't have to download this, only the piraters.

Not really the hackers will just turn off the automatic updates and get their critical updates elsewhere.

Just for that comment i will workaround the friggen validation and post a screeny just to show you that you paid for somthing you could have for free, posts like that are what **** me off, "hackers" what type of bull**** is that, Im a college student and i want to test windows out before i actually have to buy it, now its not my fault that they dont have it out to buy now, ill get my copy of vista and im sure i will STILL have validation problems, says my Office 2007 isnt legit but thats really funny because i have the product key straight from ms, I have office 2007 and i paid for it.

When will microsoft fix their errors.

Well, I've owned XP for 4 years now, and I've never had a problem with their activation/validation. Funny thing is dude, I'm a college student too. If it ****es you off, it must have been pretty right on target, otherwise you wouldn't be offended. Right? You wanna know why I pay for my OS?

So I don't have to spend hours and hours looking/testing/bitching about why my operating system suddenly stopped working and won't install new programs (like Windows Defender and IE7 on XP). I use the OS every single day and second I am on the computer so I feel like it is warranted. While you spend the next few hours looking for some new crack, that you have absolutely no clue as to how it was even made (because all your probably now is how to replace files) I will enjoy Vista and be productive, doing things other than looking for useless cracks.

Enjoy wasting your time, I'll be out making money :D

This was one of the very first methods to 'activate' Vista.

I'm going to go out on a limb and bet that the majority of people stoped using this method a while back. This 'fix' is trash, what they need to do is fix the KMS activation which is the new hole in microsoft's fishnet of piracy protection.

Vista is going to be pirated, Microsoft have to accept the inevitable and concentrate on something more productive. They have made casual piracy harder (well extinct more or less)? they have stoped the corporate keys by going to VLK 2.0. Good job... lets get on with life. They seem to be trying to stop the ?hard core? pirates that will crack this thing just for fun anyway! The more MS lock it up the more people are going to stand up to the plate to take a swing at it.

MS should concentrate on its ?customers? and not trying in an effort of futility to scrape revenue from the people that will not buy it even if they couldn?t ?pirate? it.

I have no sympathy for anyone who gets this update:

a) pay for your software - if you cant afford a take away, you have bread and butter - you're still eating!

b) if you cannot afford windows, use Linux. This is the main reason i have no sympathy - all of the "i cant type my coursework without windows" is crap

c) you're having a depremental effect on those of us who actually pay for their software. One of the main reasons Vista is so expensive is because of the lost revenue from previous pirates.

and finally, d) is $500 really that bad for 5 years work - especially when 99.99% of you dont need vista ultimate or business, and home premium will do just fine. "i wouldnt have bought it anyway" isnt an excuse...

"i wasnt going to buy that Television, but i want it in my living room"...

Well, I've owned XP for 4 years now, and I've never had a problem with their activation/validation. Funny thing is dude, I'm a college student too. If it ****es you off, it must have been pretty right on target, otherwise you wouldn't be offended. Right? You wanna know why I pay for my OS?

So I don't have to spend hours and hours looking/testing/bitching about why my operating system suddenly stopped working and won't install new programs (like Windows Defender and IE7 on XP). I use the OS every single day and second I am on the computer so I feel like it is warranted. While you spend the next few hours looking for some new crack, that you have absolutely no clue as to how it was even made (because all your probably now is how to replace files) I will enjoy Vista and be productive, doing things other than looking for useless cracks.

Enjoy wasting your time, I'll be out making money :D

Dude im fkin half way done with my bachelors in computer science, I write programs EVERY DAY..

Heh, this is so awesome, i mean not for you of course, but I just checked Vista Update and this doesn't come up for me....Living legit is going to be a lot of fun in Vista, when every week the piraters get forced updates and can't use their machine.

Poor "hackers" and their torrent sites. :devil:

Genuine users don't have to download this, only the piraters.

Pirates don't have windows update ON, and they don't care about any windows updates. They kill almost every service which requires any internet connection with any of Microsoft Web Sites.

Dude im fkin half way done with my bachelors in computer science, I write programs EVERY DAY..

And if/when you try to release a commercial program, I hope you offer a fully unlimited trial to anyone that wants it in case they think of paying.

To be fair, a lot of people seem to be using the "Just an OS" argument for the price of the thing, but really an OS is the most complicated piece of software on any computer. It has to interface with ALL of the hardware, account for all of the security, handle all of the multi-tasking, processor scheduling, networking and loads more.

If you want another example, there's really only 2 main OS's out there (Windows and Unix) because building an entire OS that does as much as either is a hell of a task, which is why there aren't more.

Multitasking DR-DOS (or rather say CP/M) wasn't so complicated and worked fine...

Edited by buzz99

Multitasking DR-DOS wasn't so complicated and worked fine...

Yes but that's just one teeny, tiny aspect of the overall OS. Think of everything that works together, from DirectX to audio, from the windows system to the thousands of system DLL's in the thing. I mean, how many million lines of code do you think Vista is? Compare that to other programs, like Photoshop and 3DSmax (which can cost many thousands of dollars).

If it's not your cup of tea and you don't like the OS, that's fair enough - nobody says you have to use it, but don't pirate it with the "it's just an OS" excuse, because for the amount of work it does, plus the longevity of it (At least 5 years before the next OS release, plus probably another 5 years of support) makes it a very worthwhile investment.

I hate to sound like a Microsoft rep, because I really do hate all of the DRM and activation crap that gets thrust down our throats, but there really is no excuse for piracy in the western world.

Vista is not worth $100 to me...total crap OS which i am not gonna buy or install.

+1

Five years for this ****. And then they bust ass to roll out a validation tool that will quickly be circumvented.

Pirates don't have windows update ON, and they don't care about any windows updates. They kill almost every service which requires any internet connection with any of Microsoft Web Sites.

I have always had Windows Update On and I have never had any problems with Microsoft regarding my questionable Windows XP/Vista OS :pirate:

I have no sympathy for anyone who gets this update:

a) pay for your software - if you cant afford a take away, you have bread and butter - you're still eating!

b) if you cannot afford windows, use Linux. This is the main reason i have no sympathy - all of the "i cant type my coursework without windows" is crap

c) you're having a depremental effect on those of us who actually pay for their software. One of the main reasons Vista is so expensive is because of the lost revenue from previous pirates.

and finally, d) is $500 really that bad for 5 years work - especially when 99.99% of you dont need vista ultimate or business, and home premium will do just fine. "i wouldnt have bought it anyway" isnt an excuse...

"i wasnt going to buy that Television, but i want it in my living room"...

Where's the "if you can't wait until you have a legal way of getting vista"?

And if/when you try to release a commercial program, I hope you offer a fully unlimited trial to anyone that wants it in case they think of paying.
(Y) :laugh:

Where's the "if you can't wait until you have a legal way of getting vista"?

you dont. Would you go into Best Buy and say "look, im taking this TV, but im not paying until i get paid next week"??

you dont. Would you go into Best Buy and say "look, im taking this TV, but im not paying until i get paid next week"??

That is very true. I love it how it all comes out like oil separated from water. Inexperienced pirates get caught so easily...:D I love it!!

... but there really is no excuse for piracy in the western world.

No excuse for piracy in the "eastern world" either.. That's why people always fight each other. Exactly because of the way of speech you're using..

shame! :shiftyninja:

There have never been any forced updates. No one is forcing anyone to install this update or any other. If they have automatic updates completely disabled they won't even see it. If they need a WGA validation they'll just get the latest WGA crack. If they need security updates there are sites that repackage them.

You are so right bmaher!

And then there are enthousiast people, paying customers, that do not wait and go to your Best Buy to "borrow" a TV that is not for sale until the end of January 2007.

My message to MS: hunt your pirates but make sure that you do not @#$! with your customers!

+1

Five years for this ****. And then they bust ass to roll out a validation tool that will quickly be circumvented.

I will keep my high end gaming machine running XP. As far as second (business machine) i'm going to switch to Mac OS, probably get Apple laptop. As I said I see no place for Vista in the future. Since, Microsoft will roll up new Windows in three years from now, don't see point of having Vista at all. I can't say i didn't try it. I ran Vista for like 30 days, did a lot of testing etc...and finally uninstalled it.

Buy your software! If you use it daily, I see no reason for you to not buy it. I think Microsoft is making a good move by only going after pirated copies instead of all customers. To people who will continue trying to pirate the software, have fun while I use my time for better things.