Wii 480p vs 480i on Dell 2405 FPW

This is for anyone interested in how good the Wii can look in this Dell LCD. I was lazy and just used the landscape preset on my camera so each picture isn't exactly the same exposure etc. but you get the idea in terms of the colour and sharpness differences.

I noticed quite a difference in Zelda textures but not so much in Wii Sports. Really, I think neither game really push the graphics capabilities of the Wii so hopefully we could see better in the future.

Enjoy!

http://www.digg.com/gaming_news/Wii_using_...on_Dell_2405FPW

i can tell the difference twix the two of the sources, but they both share a commonality: all the sshots remind me (visually) of how horrid the PS1/PS2 games looked.. maybe the next nintendo console will actually be competitively current in visual quality with the next xbox and playstation iterations.. but it may take a couple more iterations before they decide something better than that nasty quality is necessary..

please don't get upset.. i'm not bashing the wii.. i will be excited to pick one up to play some old school games on it, but i'll prolly put it on my SDTV since crappy source looks even crappier when hooked up to an HD input.. i just dont see this as a true next-gen product, considering it's not comparable at all to the real next-gen consoles.. it's more like a compliment to them.. their little brother who is currently capable of slam-dunking like his big brothers, but instead will just do layups until he's big enough to dunk.. but then again i'm a 20yr old so i am more into realistic games which seem to be funner anyways

i can tell the difference twix the two of the sources, but they both share a commonality: all the sshots remind me (visually) of how horrid the PS1/PS2 games looked.. maybe the next nintendo console will actually be competitively current in visual quality with the next xbox and playstation iterations.. but it may take a couple more iterations before they decide something better than that nasty quality is necessary..

please don't get upset.. i'm not bashing the wii.. i will be excited to pick one up to play some old school games on it, but i'll prolly put it on my SDTV since crappy source looks even crappier when hooked up to an HD input.. i just dont see this as a true next-gen product, considering it's not comparable at all to the real next-gen consoles.. it's more like a compliment to them.. their little brother who is currently capable of slam-dunking like his big brothers, but instead will just do layups until he's big enough to dunk.. but then again i'm a 20yr old so i am more into realistic games which seem to be funner anyways

Nintendo has siad or i should say Reggie has siad that this system is going to take you to the LEAP IN GAMEING and that it is not just about the Looks but the Feel, and read this ( AND MOST OF ALL THE NEXT LEAP IS NOT ABOUT WHAT YOU SEE BECAUSE WHAT YOU SEE IS NOT ALWAYS WHAT YOU GET THE NEXT LEAP IS ABOUT PLAYING ) so anyways the system is about next gernation gameplay and not graphics, you can have the 360 or Ps3 but it will feel very much the same as your previous system as the gameplay hasant really changed much just minor enhancments Developers have added in the game to make it a little more interesting . while the Wii changes the way you play a game or think about playing the game. So it is you who have made the mistake at thinking the Wii was about graphics,

referring to the rant about "Wii being about graphics"...

I support your argument, the Wii is not geared toward nice picture (hence why it does not do HD - 720p and up). Nintendo is focused on the way people play the games and trying to get a wider audience interested in games.

But progressive -vs- interlace... interlace is always going to look better (especially at the same resolution), regardless of if it's in HD or not

But progressive -vs- interlace... interlace is always going to look better (especially at the same resolution), regardless of if it's in HD or not

I'm not sure if you ment to say that, but that is the exact opposite of the truth.

A progressive image is going to look better . . you can ask or check any reliable source on the subject

referring to the rant about "Wii being about graphics"...

I support your argument, the Wii is not geared toward nice picture (hence why it does not do HD - 720p and up). Nintendo is focused on the way people play the games and trying to get a wider audience interested in games.

Interlaced better than progressive? You must not know much about video :p Progressive is better than interlaced, specially when viewing things in motion.

With all due respect, that's a shot of Wii Sports Golf, it's clear it's meant to look poor :p

We just now need to wait for a great StarWars game to come out on the Wii with alot of lightsbering and some good old Yoda fun.

oh man, a starwars + light sabre game... i drool at the thought :D