• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Amp to Auxiliary on Stereo

ninjakarl    0

Wasn't entirely too sure where to post this, but here we are, this seemed like the most appropriate place. Basically what I'm looking for is a cable that will let me connect my amp (I'm just learning so I've only got a small amp that isn't that loud without vamping up the Gain which makes it sound terrible) to the auxiliary on my stereo.

The line out for my amp is where it'll be going from (not sure what the name of the jack is, but it's like the larger version of a headphone jack), to the red/white audio connectors on the back of my stereo. If I'm being vague it's because I don't know much about sound stuff so sorry. Anyone know of a cable that would fulfill said needs, a price would be great too.

Thanks in advance :)

lostspyder    1

1) check at radioshack (if your in the US, or if they exist wherever you are, else go to your local electronics store)

2) take any jack you have that fits it, cut the cables and wire it up to the jacks that fits your stereo)

Either way, rember to keep the amp volume LOW LOW LOW when your first connect it up. IDK how powerful your amp is, but if it is very powerful you will likely mess up your stereo.

ninjakarl    0

Pretty sure it's a 10 watt. And yeah I thought about that, don't wanna screw up the speakers.

Also, I was thinking of making one, but I realised that the place that would have the jacks would probably have the cable I wanted anyway :p

Samboini    0

Sounds like you want a guitar jack (0.5in) to 2 phono, but I could be wrong. Pictures would help better or as mentioned above, play around with cables you have to see what you need.

Skyfrog    709

0060260004_105.jpg

I believe Samboini is correct, this should be what you need.