Recommend Good All-In-One Remote.

I most definitely recommend the Harmony remote series. I've been using the 895 and its the best remote i've ever laid my hands on. Simple to setup, endless features, and one of the best support systems i've ever used. I can't wait to have my hands on my Harmony 1000, which should be in my hands pretty soon.

Let me say, my remotes have gone through all sorts of abuse, from a dog that likes to chew on things, to young children, and it never misses a step.

logitech harmony if you've got a low bugdet80~150; otherwise neavo touch screen remotes ~? 600

i've had the logitech harmony 895 for a while now and also getting the touch sensitive lighting for my room- which can be programmed into the harmony and voila- at the press of a button, TV on, DVD player on, amp on, speakers on and lights dim down....:))

Logitech Harmony

my house has 3 of them

but the Harmony 1000 is nice as hell

but rocks your pockets a 499 USD

but its fancy looking

you can get a 88.00 USD blue LED version of harmony from walmart.com

works wonders, i will not buy another remote ever

** also my farmony 360 remote , wakes up when it HEARS me in the room... once i come in my room and make a noise or bump it wakes up and glows for me to find, but dosent do it during movies or games... go figure not sure how it works but it does and its a read about feature

Logitech Harmony all the way. I bought one 580 for myself and one for my parents. My parents aren't exactly technologically inclined, and they absolutely love it. Plus, the recently updated software makes it really easy to manage everything.

Mine currently controls my TV, stereo system, cable box, DVD player, PS2 and my Air conditioner.

I have the Harmony 880 and it did replace all my 5 other remote! :)

TV, A/V Receiver, DVD Player, Dgital Cable Box and Xbox360+HD-DVD....

It cost a little bit more (249$ US) but include a rechargable battery and a nice color LCD (and many other things, too long to list). The Harmony for Xbox or the 580 use 4 AAA battery and I was told they don't last very long...

Anyway, it's a good buy and now I use only 1 remote for all devices.

I'm seriously thinking of getting the 360 harmony, but is it the best one out there that isn't much more than $100?

afaik, it's just the 550 with some XBox360-specific buttons, and the color scheme matches the 360.

If you have a 360, get it. If not, get the 550.

And remember, you don't need the Harmony Xbox360 to control your Xbox360, any other Harmony will be able to do it via programable buttons on the remote.

The 880 can control the Xbox with no problem, the key Y,X,A,B are mapped to buttons around the LCD.

I have the Harmony 360 and am a big fan. AFAIK it's cheaper than the 550 and offers the same functionality (plus the Xbox buttons).

As for it lighting up - yes it has some sort of motion sensor that detects when you're nearby (usually when I sit on the couch or touch the coffee table it lights up). It's really cool, if unpredictable. It appears to have an idle timer so once it has illuminated itself once, it won't do it again for a certain period of time. But yeah, it's definitely a cool "extra" feature =)