Gran Turismo HD

It's just CG vids. Nothing to get excited about. Notice how they have zero gameplay footage? I wonder why... :whistle:

Sony has been doing this for years, releasing fantastic looking CG footage and getting people all hyped up. But in reality the game looks nothing like it while you're playing. I don't believe people are still falling for this crap.

QFT . . I agree

People . . . Sony always pulls this CGI crap . . when will you all learn. I have high hopes for this and killzone, but trust me they won't look like this. :rolleyes:

I cannot wait to download this on my brother's PS3. I'm going to play that and Motorstorm demo, and hopefully these impress me enough to go out and buy a PS3. Oh the fun starts SOON!

When is soon?

QFT . . I agree

People . . . Sony always pulls this CGI crap . . when will you all learn. I have high hopes for this and killzone, but trust me they won't look like this. :rolleyes:

Shoosh, shoosh!! away you go..

I just watched the trailer over and over again! I really cant see what some of you guys are saying..........cars floating........motion blur...cars looking like plastic....are you guys watchin the same trailer as me??

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?type=mov&id=15813

also would this game not be using the same engine as the last GT so it will drive the same etc..?

Yep same one. The Tires look weird sometimes :s Very weird effect.

It's just CG vids. Nothing to get excited about. Notice how they have zero gameplay footage? I wonder why... :whistle:

Sony has been doing this for years, releasing fantastic looking CG footage and getting people all hyped up. But in reality the game looks nothing like it while you're playing. I don't believe people are still falling for this crap.

I agree with that totally. There is something about this that doesnt look right. Huleboeren i wish you would go away....

Oh it's real alright ;), the trailer might be telling a few lies, but over all it's the truth.

You want gameplay footage eh? here is some for you (please excuse the low quality)

Full Replay Eiger Nordwand - Subaru Impreza Rally Car '99

Eiger Nordwand - Subaru Impreza Rally Car '99 (a shortened version of the above, in case you have trouble viewing the top link)

Eiger Nordwand - Subaru Impreza WRX STi

Oh it's real alright ;), the trailer might be telling a few lies, but over all it's the truth.

You want gameplay footage eh? here is some for you (please excuse the low quality)

Full Replay Eiger Nordwand - Subaru Impreza Rally Car '99

Eiger Nordwand - Subaru Impreza Rally Car '99 (a shortened version of the above, in case you have trouble viewing the top link)

Eiger Nordwand - Subaru Impreza WRX STi

Yup looks good. They have improved things since that footage though (most notable is shadows casting on the car)

At the end of the day this is a DEMO of better things to come. It's not a fully completed title.... GT5 will be and hell its not even coming out till late 2007/early 2008?

It looks superb for what it is, so all the haters can go away!

** maybe the haven't fixed the shadowing issues just yet... looks to still be a problem in these trailers

Trailer 1: http://www.gran-turismo.com/jp/movie/d483.html

Trailer 2: http://www.gran-turismo.com/jp/movie/d485.html

Updated Picture Gallery as well: http://www.gran-turismo.com/jp/gthdc/screen/

All you lucky americans getting to play this tomorrow :(

Edited by Something Corporate

Limited Time Only? That sucks. Prolly by the time I get a PS3 I won't be able to download it. Of course prolly by the time I do get one GT5 will be out. :laugh:

Doesn't matter, even if you're registered you can't get into the store right now.

Haha, hes quite true, according to kotaku..comignf rom ps3forums...

Free Gran Turismo Knocks PS3 Network on its Ass I know the Gran Turismo demo isn't supposed to hit until tomorrow, but early this morning there were several reports of people being able to download it.

And it looks like word has spread, as of about 8 a.m. the network has been knocked-out. According to the Playstation 3 forums, the help center is telling people that the network was knocked out because it got too busy.

When I tried on, I was first asked to do a firmware update (it's been awhile) and then when I tried connected I received an error code 8002A280. Doh!

Oh man, I hate to see what happens on Christmas morning when all of those people open up new PS3s and try signing in at the same time.

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/top/free-gran...-ass-224013.php

But at least we know it does look like the orginal, and dam it looks fine.

Love to see what GT5 will actually look like final.

Would love to try this out. I'm a big Gran Turismo fan but the PS3 is just too expensive for me.. and can't afford a HDTV so not even worth getting really! :( *sigh* :(

awww serious lol, well i kinda expected the network to crash....same sony aint got the sense lol! I just hope everything is sorted on Xmas day cause when i get my one i plan on downloadin loads of demos :)

overloadtm2.gif

:laugh:

Oh and Viper_Maniac I think limited time only was referring to the demo being available for a short while today..... as its not suppose to be out till tomorrow!

Why not ? There is no credit card or anything needed at all.

He doesn't want his children getting online

Just do it when hes not there :p

I'm visiting to relieve stress, not add more :/...Wish I could though, because I wanted to play these games to see if I wouldnt enjoy them enough to buy a PS3. I'm a little disappointed that he won't let me. I'll try later when he is in a better mood.