Gran Turismo HD

He doesn't want his children getting online

I'm visiting to relieve stress, not add more :/...Wish I could though, because I wanted to play these games to see if I wouldnt enjoy them enough to buy a PS3. I'm a little disappointed that he won't let me. I'll try later when he is in a better mood.

Cant you he just put a password on and not let it auto sign-in?

Hmm..maybe if Sony had released this at launch, the PS3 would not have had such a horrible launch :p If the screens I've seen so far are any indication, this is not bad at all!

is canceled, sony canceled the game

Have you read any of the posts so far?

Sony cancelled the original idea for GTHD, and are now coming out with this demo of sorts showing off the engine of GT5.

Have you even read any of the posts so far?

Sony cancelled the original idea for GTHD, and are now coming out with this demo of sorts showing off the engine of GT5.

ok, thanks, good to know

I believe these graphics are the real thing. Polyphony Digital has always managed to push the previous Playstation hardware to their max. I remember being wowed by Gran Turismo 4. With the huge leap in horsepower that the PS3 holds over the PS2, these are very believeable to me. It will be nice to see how everyone reacts when they get their hands on it.

Unlikely. This is the game that sony would quite happily spend millions on

He is actually correct, GT:HD was canceled. That is why it's a free demo, it suppose to be a full game. I think it was cause of massive backlash Polyphony got for the micro-transaction model they planned to implement in the game, Sony just told them to just release what they had as a free demo and get moving on GT5. So Sony did something right for once :p still this is only a taste of GT5, it's only gonna get better :)

Still no gameplay shots...

That is gameplay, just paused. :blink: And of all the doubters the games runs in 1080p@60fps

Edited by -Anthony

That is gameplay, just paused. :blink: And of all the doubters the games runs in 1080p@60fps

Right, and it should. :p The actual in game graphics are good, and Polyphony Digital has pushed the PS3 really far, but not as good as what you're seeing out of the replay mode. That's basically a Polyphony Digital hallmark.

Whats there to doubt, its an upscaled PS2 engine, its not exactly an amazing feat of engineering.

This GT looks very good indeed though its more like a demo if anything.
It is a demo. :p

Whats there to doubt, its an upscaled PS2 engine, its not exactly an amazing feat of engineering.

Considering everyone is saying how great it looks for a "PS2 engine", you could atleast try and post something nice with your comments, i mean, come on, it is christmas. :p