Gran Turismo HD

Sorry about that! I meant NFS Carbon! :$

Detroit, it depends on the way you think of it, the 360 2nd gen games meet the PS3 1st gen games, for one means that the 360 game is using more of the 360 power compared to the PS3 which is using alot less of the PS3 power(because it's 1st gen, and rushed). So imagine what kinda power we will see the PS3 putting out in 2nd gen or 3rd gen games, if the Xbox 360 only meets the PS3 power now, the PS3 is only flexing it's muscles, when it's warmed up the 360 will already have hit its peak, which will probably only be a 50-75% of the PS3's power(I'm just guessing here).

You can see a comparison at GameSpot.com of the PS3 and 360 playing NFS:Carbon, the results are very similar, so I'm just saying imagine what the PS3 is capable in comparison to the 360 in a year or two.

When both systems have hit there peaks in development, the king will be the PS3, no doubt about it.

I seriously doubt that the PS3 will end up being more powerful than the Xbox 360 in any meaningful way. In fact, unless something changes multi-platform games will probably remain slightly better on the 360 due to it's more efficient and easier to develop for design. I believe there was an article posted some time ago here that stated that the 360 had numerous advantages in the graphics department like texturing, lighting, and anti-aliasing, but at 720p if the Cell is properly coded for then the PS3 could have more moving objects on screen. So I think that we'll see top tier PS3 exclusive titles look absolutely fantastic. Will they be technically better than top tier 360 titles? In some ways I sure they will be. But the top 360 games will be better in other ways. If the PS3 actually starts selling really well once the supply and games are there, then maybe it will become the lead platform and multi-console games will look better on it, who knows. Basically they will both have games that play to their respective strengths.

Oh and the reason I think current PS3 games look almost as good as multi-console 360 games is that developers are porting from the 360. The 360 had to make due with xbox and ps2 ports when it came out.

You can see a comparison at GameSpot.com of the PS3 and 360 playing NFS:Carbon, the results are very similar, so I'm just saying imagine what the PS3 is capable in comparison to the 360 in a year or two.

I just read the PS3 version's review, where they mention the differences. More jaggies and lower framerate for PS3, but for the most part it looks the same.

My point about assets stands. Carbon isn't a second gen Xbox 360 game, it's at best a second gen multiplatform game (what, people thought Madden was the pinnacle of Xbox football graphics? - heck it wasn't as good as the PS2 could do either, they design for LESS than the lowest denominator when doing these things, especially EA).