The PRE game fun...

Just a thought... amd.com/vanishingpoint directs to vanishingpointgame.com.. weird?

I'm beginning to think Loki actually does not work for microsoft, but for AMD thus the prize of the scribed amd cpu...

Very nice work everyone... I never thought of actually CALLING Microsoft and ASKING for Loki... seems too untechnical :p. I think the AMD message is just telling us something. Since the wikipedia article shows that lorelei means murmering rock, when she says "the murmering rock project is on hold", she's really saying "the loki project is on hold"... so maybe she wants us to call back once the next puzzle is unlocked.

I think someone else mentioned this.. it was registered by a different company, so it appears to just be a fan site.

Well now don't feel so stupid for actually calling them myself. I was REALLY thrown when an actual person answered and I was like,ummm could you connect me with loki and she said there was no number for that name :(

I actually hung up the 1st time :blush:

Yeah I'm gonna have to venture a guess and say that this site is out of game. Just an instinct.

if you had gone there you would have seen it very much has to do with the game.

The site says:

Vanishing Soon

"So you want to be immortalized? Vegas is a very profitable city, and patience is a virtue even there"

barcode.jpg

AMD chip naming is the "immortalized" part and why would they name a site lokivanishes.com if it was "outside" the realm of the ARG?

Hi thequestor,

He was saying that it is not an "official" site of the game. Now, we've no way to know that for sure, but it was not registered at the same time as the official sites we know about just really doesn't ring true of being the work of 42Entertainment.

So...while it's obviously a site about the game, there's question as to whether it is an "in-game" site.

Best,

fatherthespis

Hi thequestor,

He was saying that it is not an "official" site of the game. Now, we've no way to know that for sure, but it was not registered at the same time as the official sites we know about just really doesn't ring true of being the work of 42Entertainment.

So...while it's obviously a site about the game, there's question as to whether it is an "in-game" site.

Best,

fatherthespis

I'm just "saying" that is HAS to be an ingame clue. Let's see why, she [if she is in fact loki] keeps saying that she will vanish soon. ok that covers the loki and vanishing part. We know that one of the prizes if being "immortalized". We know the event was in Las Vegas, we also know the site was registered

domain: LOKIVANISHES.COM

created: 03-Jan-2007

last-changed: 03-Jan-2007

registration-expiration: 03-Jan-2008

which is within the right time frame.

But your right, we do not "know" nor are we supposed to "know". That is what is cool about one of these ARG's. But I think there too many coinky-dinks for this to not be a clue.

Well now don't feel so stupid for actually calling them myself. I was REALLY thrown when an actual person answered and I was like,ummm could you connect me with loki and she said there was no number for that name :(

I actually hung up the 1st time :blush:

if you had gone there you would have seen it very much has to do with the game.

The site says:

Vanishing Soon

"So you want to be immortalized? Vegas is a very profitable city, and patience is a virtue even there"

barcode.jpg

AMD chip naming is the "immortalized" part and why would they name a site lokivanishes.com if it was "outside" the realm of the ARG?

http://s89739736.onlinehome.us/tinc?key=Z6rFyuXh&no=1 0,023

http://s89739736.onlinehome.us/tinc?key=Z6rFyuXh&no=2 0,015 CaRwLXU3

http://s89739736.onlinehome.us/tinc?key=Z6rFyuXh&no=3 00,000,793 zdBka7iR

http://s89739736.onlinehome.us/tinc?key=Z6rFyuXh&no=4 0,010 LMWWTyXn

http://s89739736.onlinehome.us/tinc?key=Z6rFyuXh&no=5 0,00,023 vcybHA41

http://s89739736.onlinehome.us/tinc?key=Z6rFyuXh&no=6 0,023

n=3 seems to change in odd fashion - doesn't always crank by one on refresh

hth

I'm just "saying" that is HAS to be an ingame clue. Let's see why, she [if she is in fact loki] keeps saying that she will vanish soon. ok that covers the loki and vanishing part. We know that one of the prizes if being "immortalized". We know the event was in Las Vegas, we also know the site was registered

domain: LOKIVANISHES.COM

created: 03-Jan-2007

last-changed: 03-Jan-2007

registration-expiration: 03-Jan-2008

which is within the right time frame.

But your right, we do not "know" nor are we supposed to "know". That is what is cool about one of these ARG's. But I think there too many coinky-dinks for this to not be a clue.

There's only one problem with your logic. The site was registered AFTER Loki first mentions the information that is REPEATED on the LokiVanishes.com site. Someone just copied what she said to make it seem "official". The date on the registration is your proof.

Oh, and about the waiting until Monday thing ... that's my bad. I'd forgotten the actual countdown date, and somehow got it stuck in my head that it's Monday. My apologies.

Just a thought....Didn't someone say in an earlier post that the name "Loki" had something to do with folklore in which Loki was a "shapeshifter". Wouldn't it make sense that Loki will shift/change during the next wave of puzzles (magic) and (an)other game character(s) will emerge to guide us through to the end puzzle which is..."people disappear".

Maybe one of these characters is L. Kitsune.... as an even bigger stretch perhaps this is why the itinerary for Loki has her arriving in cities too late for events and missing other important cities altogether.....since there will be more than one game character to follow.

like I said...just a thought.

Just out of curiousity, SuperRob, did you just call Microsoft and ask for Loki? it seems weird that thequestor did the same thing and they said there was no one named Loki.

On January 2-4, 2001, a small and very secret team met in the offices of Microsoft's Game Group to plan and design a massive, web-based scavenger-hunt/soap opera. For years Jordan Weisman had been thinking about doing a game that would be sort of like the Beatles Paul-Is-Dead mystery--an elaborate web of clues and possible conspiracies to be investigated by a huge group of fans.

The internet supplied the medium--a place where you could deliver a ton of content, and be assured that players would talk about it with one another. As for the message, the games group had been given the challenge of creating a virtual world to stand behind the new Spielberg movie, A.I.. Spielberg and his producer, Kathy Kennedy, felt that A.I.'s themes made it only natural that the movie's life should expand not in sequels, but on computer. So far, so good.

http://209.85.165.104/search?q=cache:6b0Yu...lient=firefox-a

there is a whole "thing" about loki in the first online version...the five year anniversary of launch is coming up to. Just a thought...

Could be a a coincidence...

http://cloudmakers.org/trail/#3.50

Just out of curiousity, SuperRob, did you just call Microsoft and ask for Loki? it seems weird that thequestor did the same thing and they said there was no one named Loki.

Yeah, I did, actually. Microsoft has dozens of receptionists, and just like the crap shoot you get when you call customer service, some could have been clued in more than others. Or, and this is the more likely possibility ... she'd already taken a call from someone else asking about it and remembered.

Edit: In retrospect, I might have volunteered that she worked for a vendor, which would have tipped her off to look at v- aliases. Not sure, though.

Seeing as v-loki [at] microsoft.com works but states that it's not exactly the correct address, has anyone tried other combinations? most a-name or v-name addresses at Microsoft combine first and last name into a 6-letter combination...

...late...mind wanders...

So the final location is at Gas Works Parks in the middle of the kite hill...in the middle of the hill is a giant sundial...our first puzzle was a sundial. Just interesting I guess. Perhaps just a beginning and an end.

The VR tours of the park are cool. Check them out they distracted me for a good 10 minutes :woot:

post-192381-1168494556_thumb.jpg

Seeing as v-loki [at] microsoft.com works but states that it's not exactly the correct address, has anyone tried other combinations? most a-name or v-name addresses at Microsoft combine first and last name into a 6-letter combination...

According to Aaron Coldiron's email, the standard format is firstname.lastname [at] microsoft.com. I tried:

l.kitsune

loki.kitsune

lorelei.kitsune

loreley.kitsune

murmuring.rock

[at] microsoft.com and vanishingpointgame.com, and none of those seemed to work... so far just loki and v-loki.

According to Aaron Coldiron's email, the standard format is firstname.lastname [at] microsoft.com. I tried:

l.kitsune

loki.kitsune

lorelei.kitsune

loreley.kitsune

murmuring.rock

[at] microsoft.com and vanishingpointgame.com, and none of those seemed to work... so far just loki and v-loki.

Doesn't Kitsune sounds a bit like KitZune, Zune Kit? Does Loki wear or use a Zune in a video?

Not sure if this makes sense.

...late...mind wanders...

So the final location is at Gas Works Parks in the middle of the kite hill...in the middle of the hill is a giant sundial...our first puzzle was a sundial. Just interesting I guess. Perhaps just a beginning and an end.

The VR tours of the park are cool. Check them out they distracted me for a good 10 minutes :woot:

The park itself is really cool. I live about, oh, 20 minutes or so from the park (I'm in the University District), and it's great. I'm really excited to see what kind of a shindig Microsoft puts on. They throw some great parties. I might see if I can get press passes, too. I think I've still got some pull with their PR company.

lol, you think she will come to london for the trafalgar square event? on that note, are you going to the trafalgar square event?

I will be at the London event yet, apparently they're "doing something never been done before"

i put a-loki and i got an email with the heading "getting warmer" and it said the same message on the inside as the email from v-loki.

The t-loki alias (see email in Microsoft Lexicon) also results in an "User unknown" bounce message. looks like the "not quite what I had in mind is the instruction to call the MS switchboard. Two thumbs up for this game so far...

i put a-loki and i got an email with the heading "getting warmer" and it said the same message on the inside as the email from v-loki.

I missed something-where did you put v-loki and a-loki to get the emals?

@microsoft.com

the a- and v- are parts of their mail system.

v-loki[at]microsoft.com and a-loki[at]microsoft.com

a-loki doesn't work for me though :s

Sending emails to the following addresses yields these results (as seen in previous posts)

a-loki@microsoft.com (dead-end)

t-loki@microsoft.com (dead-end)

v-loki@microsoft.com (out of office message)

Subject: Out of Office: The vanishing point

Hmmm. Not quite what I had in mind. Try harder - then listen closely.

~L

loki@microsoft.com (getting warmer)

Subject: Getting Warmer

Hmmm. Not quite what I had in mind. Try harder - then listen closely.

~L

At this point, we know that "Try harder - then listen closely." means to call Microsoft and ask for Loki.

More here: Vanishing Point Wiki