The PRE game fun...

I will be at the London event yet, apparently they're "doing something never been done before"

I can't imagine what thier going to do that has never been done before, perhaps tie little messages to pigeons? Im guessing it will either be somthing to do with the fountains or the galley, maybe have some sort of screen/projection coming from into the bottom of the fountains.

Hey! Me too. Ill look out for you and say hello :)

either of you going to the vista launch on the 19th?

I can't imagine what thier going to do that has never been done before, perhaps tie little messages to pigeons? Im guessing it will either be somthing to do with the fountains or the galley, maybe have some sort of screen/projection coming from into the bottom of the fountains.

either of you going to the vista launch on the 19th?

Its going to be interesting!

I would love to go to the launch, however i am on an intensive course in Liverpool Street this and next week so wont be able to attend :(

Still will most likely be there at the vanishingpoint day on the 20th. i worked it out to be at 7pm that Saturday?

Its going to be interesting!

I would love to go to the launch, however i am on an intensive course in Liverpool Street this and next week so wont be able to attend :(

Still will most likely be there at the vanishingpoint day on the 20th. i worked it out to be at 7pm that Saturday?

Yeah should be 7pm. I'm probably going to head down there around 5ish, as I will have nothig better to do.

Just had a thought... searched google for "Lorelei vanishes". It came up with some results for an anime program/movie called "Saber Marionette". This is definitely out of game, but it's possible they may be alluding to something in that program.

I don't really think that's the case, since Lorelei seems to be a common enough name for it to be a coincidence... but just thought I should mention it.

"Lorelei Kitsune" and "Kitsune vanishes" don't come up with anything.

Edit: this seems to be an adult movie... so I think it's probably unrelated. my bad

Hey All,

Getting into this late.

Outtake from /on_the_run: "When the time is right, I?ll ask you a question. For now, follow thitrailb> to get thwordb> it leads to."

I went to WORD and did a thesaurus check on "work". Results came up with "labor", "toil", "drudgery", etc...

Cross referenced these to mythology and came up with ATLAS (Zeus punished Atlas buy making him shoulder the pillars that keep the earth and heaven apart - he was later turned to stone become Mount Atlas in the Atlas mountain range of Morocco).

Tried atlas@microsoft.com; no luck.

Looking for audio?

Hey All,

Getting into this late.

Outtake from /on_the_run: "When the time is right, I?ll ask you a question. For now, follow thitrailb> to get thwordb> it leads to."

I went to WORD and did a thesaurus check on "work". Results came up with "labor", "toil", "drudgery", etc...

Cross referenced these to mythology and came up with ATLAS (Zeus punished Atlas buy making him shoulder the pillars that keep the earth and heaven apart - he was later turned to stone become Mount Atlas in the Atlas mountain range of Morocco).

Tried atlas@microsoft.com; no luck.

Looking for audio?

nice idea about atlas. I think the word she's talking about is Lorelei (from "murmuring rock" that she mentioned on AMD's recorded message).

Edit: the wiki summarizes all this very well: http://vanishingpointwiki.com/wiki/Meta_Puzzle

Just as a point of clarification ... the "v-" prefix before loki's e-mail address at Microsoft actually means something, as do the a- and t- prefixes. v- means "vendor" and simply denotes someone who has access to Microsoft resources on their internal network, but doesn't actually work FOR Microsoft. 42 Entertainment is a vendor for Microsoft. That's all it means, and you shouldn't be looking into it any further. In fact, it was really a flaw in the mail system that we noticed the v- at all, because they had another alias set up for just "loki@".

Seriously ... there's nothing more worth digging into there. I know you guys are starved for more clues, but I think we're done for now.

Ok so this is what we have.

Watching the VIdeo after solving the puzzles leads you to:

www.vanishingpointgame.com/on_the_run

Which in turns tells you to contact her.

Send an email to loki@vanishingpointgame.com tells you that this is her play email address and that there is a work email somewhere.

Sending an email to loki@microsoft.com sends a reply to you stating that this isn't exactly what she had in mind. try again a listen harder.

Listen being the key, call microsoft and ask to speak to loki gets you the message that spells out awakened, which in turns leads to

www.vanshingpointgame.com/awakened

The number there gets a fax sent to you , laying out loki itinerary

That handwriting on the fax and by deducting where the plane lands, gets you the phone for the former AT&T building, now AMD.

Entering that extension from the fax tells you about the murmuring rock project

Do a search for murmuring rock on web leads you to wikipedia which in turn reveals that Murmuring rock is in fact a translation of lorilei

Now I am not quite sure how we came up with Kitsune, but Lorilei and Kitsune Make Lorilei Kitsune or (LO)rilei (KI)tsune... Loki.

Am I right so far?

Send an email to loki@vanishingpointgame.com tells you that this is her play email address and that there is a work email somewhere.

Sending an email to loki@microsoft.com sends a reply to you stating that this isn't exactly what she had in mind. try again a listen harder.

Listen being the key, call microsoft and ask to speak to loki gets you the message that spells out awakened, which in turns leads to

That handwriting on the fax and by deducting where the plane lands, gets you the phone for the former AT&T building, now AMD.

Do a search for murmuring rock on web leads you to wikipedia which in turn reveals that Murmuring rock is in fact a translation of lorilei

Now I am not quite sure how we came up with Kitsune, but Lorilei and Kitsune Make Lorilei Kitsune or (LO)rilei (KI)tsune... Loki.

Am I right so far?

Kitsune came off of the fax that we received. It said "Itinerary for: L Kitsune". She calls herself Loki and we know know her last name Kitsune, both of which are mythical creatures that are known as "tricksters"

Am I right so far?

Your question was answered aboth, but i thought i would just say a welcome to Neowin and welcome to the game :)

Just as a point of clarification ... the "v-" prefix before loki's e-mail address at Microsoft actually means something, as do the a- and t- prefixes. v- means "vendor" and simply denotes someone who has access to Microsoft resources on their internal network, but doesn't actually work FOR Microsoft. 42 Entertainment is a vendor for Microsoft. That's all it means, and you shouldn't be looking into it any further. In fact, it was really a flaw in the mail system that we noticed the v- at all, because they had another alias set up for just "loki@".

Seriously ... there's nothing more worth digging into there. I know you guys are starved for more clues, but I think we're done for now.

Good work w/ the v- as a return mail I received was addressed v-loki@microsoft.com.

Most here seem to think we are at an endroads for the time being...I disagree. This post on the wiki also thinks so, but it discounts the changed poem (it was edited on the 8th, just 2 days before being found and by pure coincidence on the day of the vanishingpoint game launch?) I think not.

http://vanishingpointwiki.com/wiki/Meta_Puzzle

I am personally in a quandry now as to the meaning of "ask you a question" and you need to find the "word" was it "FAX" or another word? My thoughts are "GOLD or golden" before and after looking at the poem edits. Why the itinerary if meaningless until the 28th...Too early in the game for that. She has been "contacted" by many already. Just not personally yet (after the start of the game at least). The recently edited poem points to something. I just don't think it is Lorelei....The editing of the poem post weighs against that. Go to the wiki site, look at the before and after edits of the poem (before Jan 8th/after Jan. 8th)....Then look deep into the actual changes and read the middle unedited 2 lines and the very last line. Then look at the color of the AMD CPU in question. The names Loki and Kitsuni are the same thing...Trickster/shapeshifter/jokester, both mythological by nature---Japanese (also mentions FOX just like Loki is in reality!), and Norse folklore...and fits her college major (at least the 4th one). "She will print the winners name" points to an employee of AMD though a vendor of MS (v-loki email addy at MS fits since partnered). My Bet Is;There isn't an end game just yet for this week...At least in the ongoing meta and ARG game(s) within a game/contest. There has to be more...

Ok a couple of other things.....

Yes Microsoft is involved in this, but with the fact of

www.amd.com/vanishingpoint sends you to the VPG website and typing in www.microsoft.com/vanishingpoint gets you no where, I would be under the assumption that this is an AMD thing and not a Microsoft thing.

Especially because of the prize she is talking about. I mean I could be wrong here.

Vanishing Point is a Microsoft/AMD project to celebrate the release of Windows Vista and Office 2007, that is why all the prizes involce AMD powerd computers etc

Ok a couple of other things.....

Yes Microsoft is involved in this, but with the fact of

www.amd.com/vanishingpoint sends you to the VPG website and typing in www.microsoft.com/vanishingpoint gets you no where, I would be under the assumption that this is an AMD thing and not a Microsoft thing.

Especially because of the prize she is talking about. I mean I could be wrong here.

This is 100% a Microsoft quiz.

Okay...as far as the puzzle goes..has anyone discovere the relevance between PI and the "vanishing point" In mathematics there is a correlation or relevance there but not being a math whiz...I am stumped....

Who wrote that old song - "fox" on_the_run?

A band called Sweet.

This would be my first post (and I actually just found out about the game yesterday).

So if we're going with the assumption that her name is Lorelei Kitsune, aka Loki, anyone think there may be a code in her name? I know about the mythology stuff, but what about the rest of the letters in her name? "releitsune" The only thing I can spell with it would be seleniuret, a selenide. Any thoughts?

I was looking at the orginal Video and she was reading the History of Herodotus.

When Searching For PI and Loki and Lorelei I camae across this link;

http://www.womens-way.com/WEMS-5.pdf

Which states it is a guide through history of the lost goddess

Lorelei and Loki have various pages listed but are listed together at least on one page-Herodotus is also listed in this book and PI is also listed in here in regards to the numerical value and worshipping

Maybe somebody she look at the book she was looking at (which is available in Penguin classic books....)

I stop for two days and you guys make 25 pages worth of progress? Wow, nice work all. I can see some interesting stuff there. So, time for us to wait again.

Wish I could make the 20th though but I just can't get the time off work :(

Perhaps Pi is a hint for another extension phone number, i.e. x31415 or x31416. Could someone call Microsoft and AMD? Or even the original "Check your Sources" phone number?