... to Optical

I have the Logitech X-530 speakers. They use a ??? connection (green, yellow, and black connected to a game console adaptor). I don't know what this connection is, but you can find more info here: Logitech

I have it connected to my Xbox 360, and what I want to know is: is it possible to convert this to an optical connection WITHOUT having to buy a decoder for it?

The connection you have is a COMPOSITE connection, separating the video and the left and right sound channels. Yellow = video, Red, White = Left and Right sound.

Because they two completely different technologies, you can not easily transform composite connections into optical connections.

Damn. I looked on the Xbox forums before for an answer, and they said to get a decoder, but surely there is a cheaper solution?

Nope.. not really! sorry. i fixed my problem by getting the Creative GD580 Surround Sound system, i can connect it up to my PC, 360 and something else all at the same time :)

Well, I don't really want to buy ANOTHER system. I already have 2 set up in my room. I had one as a Christmas present last year (Trust SP-6300P), but it didn't work on my 360, so I use it as my PC speakers. I then went out and got the Logitech X-530 for my 360.

Could anyone possibly recommend me a decent decoder for a low price (and I mean low. Under ?50 if possible)?