Scarface the world is yours and vista?

hey guys...

i just bought scarface the world is yours from ebgames... the problem i am having is that vista is not rendering any of the walls or characters.. soo i was wondering if there is any fix or anything.. thank you....

Had the same problem myself with my 7800 GTX. I tried a few driver revisions and compatibility options but nothing worked. I just stuck to playing it in XP.

Would be interested to see if anyone has any suggestions but I think this is just a case of crap Vista drivers to be honest.

yeah i just installed the new drivers for my nvidia card.. and downloading the new patch.. will let you know my outcome...

nope no luck.. still the same problem..... this is soo messed up... i dont want to install xp just for this game....

• 1 month later...

This is really annoying, I want to play this game so bad I am willing to go back to XP...anyone have any ideas on what I need to do to go back to XP so that I can play this game. Please help before I pull my hair out

Install the directx 9 runtime files for Vista and you should be ready to go.

The runtime files should also be on the game DVD, if not go to Microsoft Downloads and search for Direct X 9 Runtime

Vista has DX10 but not DX9 (sounds a little weird, but DX10 isn't backwards compatible with DX9 games).

• 4 months later...
Install the directx 9 runtime files for Vista and you should be ready to go.

The runtime files should also be on the game DVD, if not go to Microsoft Downloads and search for Direct X 9 Runtime

Vista has DX10 but not DX9 (sounds a little weird, but DX10 isn't backwards compatible with DX9 games).

I will try that and post my results later today

DirectX Download

I'm using the latest Nvidia beta drivers (162.22) on Vista; however in the release notes the Scarface corruption problem is still listed under "Open Issues". It's only been about 7 months now. :angry:

• 3 months later...

I'm on board but can't seem to install a previous version of direct x. I'm stuck on 10 and when I try to install 9 from the link above it says it can't because there is a newer version already installed. My problem is exactly the same where none of the wall or characters are rendering.

• 7 months later...