~ $100 HTIB systems

I currently have a Logitech Z-640 PC system patched together for my "surround" setup. Frankly, because I'm taping the wires together to extend them, it sounds like crap.

I've got about a $100 budget for a HTIB system, and no I don't need a DVD player (unless it comes with it, but i dont NEED it). I'd assume that it would be a "decent" upgade from what Ive got?

Well if your happy for the most part with the system, go to Radio Shack, get 14-16 gauge wire, some phono plugs and make your own wire. Why spend 100 when you can fix everything for less than 20?

Tape... :rofl:

If you spend $100 on a sound system, you shouldn't expect much more than the sound that comes from a tin can smacking you in the head. You have a good system.

All you need to do is go down to radio shack and get a few rca cable extenders. No need to cut and tape wires.

I'm slightly confuse on what your asking for.

Yes you can cut the cable for any length you need, I'm not getting the reason to cut them shorter when it seems like you need them extended appropriately.

From what I gather, he has speaker wire running under his rug that he wishes to use to run the back speakers. I'd never recommend cutting cables and the such. All I know is, having no HTIB is better than having a $100 one.

Ya if you don't know what your doing, don't do it, but then again its not really rocket science... ok it might be to 98% of the human populace :p

I agree, even a $100 stereo system would outperform a $100 HTiB hands down; concentrated quality over quantity.

Alright, what the problem was is all the speakers are connected with a RCA type wire

image005.jpg

I have normal speaker wire under the rug, so i was previously running the wires up over the rug.

I ended up cutting the rear speakers's wire and its fine after splicing it