• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

XBOX360 Profiles, Saves, Achievements, etc.

thenut    9

I've had a Live account for a few years now but I overlooked an option when setting up my 360 so I wasn't able to migrate the account until tonight. However, over the past few days I have beaten Gears of War, unlocked achievements in a few games as well as saving in different games, all with an offline profile.

My question is, can I copy gamesaves, profile saves, unlocks, achievements, etc. from one profile to another on my 360? When I go into the memory section, I go into Games and Game Saves and press Copy then select my 360 hard drive and it says something like "Cannot complete, destination drive is the same."

I assume that means I have to do everything I did with the offline profile all over again with the Live account. It isn't a big deal but it does suck the fun factor out of something when you've already done it before. Not to mention the time already spent.

Any information is much appreciated. :D

lol911    0

You can't as far as I know.

thenut    9

Yeah, I figured that. I'll keep Googling and checking here.

No worries, just didn't want to have to do everything all over again.

Roger H.    780

well i think that's what a memory card is for. I think that's why it's saying that about the source and destination is the same. You may need to get a memory card and then you can copy all the game data and then switch then import and all that. Samething you had to do when migrating from an xbox to a 360.

thenut    9

I didn't need a memory card to migrate my Live account to the 360. My particular problem was that I didn't have all the information necessary when selecting "Recover Gamertag" in the 360's dashboard. Specifically, I had never linked my Live account to a Windows Live ID so it wouldn't let me proceed. I had overlooked the fact that I could just press Y to verify my account information and continue that way.

Anyway, I don't know why I didn't think about a memory card. :laugh: I should have been more specific though. I am hoping to do this without spending more money unless it's truly necessary. Plus, I would like to know if importing saves, achievements, etc. from one profile to another is actually possible without blowing money on a memory card I would probably never use again.

Roger H.    780

well in that case you could always return it. :)

thenut    9

Yeah, I could just use it for 30 seconds and bring it back. :p

Jazza    0

Quick question, why do you need an offline and online profile??

You can use your "online" profile, even if it's not connected, and the next time it's connected, your score and achievements will be uploaded

Jazza    0

Ignore this, as it looks like I didn't read the first paragraph properly. Doh!

Quick question, why do you need an offline and online profile??

You can use your "online" profile, even if it's not connected, and the next time it's connected, your score and achievements will be uploaded

thenut    9

Yeah, like I said, I couldn't migrate the account at first so I continued on with an offline profile just to get started.

I think I'm just going to redo everything anyway. That way I can really unlock as much as possible. I don't want to miss anything.