Zune Review

Sn4k36

Very nice review on it... But i'm mostly wondering if anyone knows when the zune well be coming to canada?

C_Guy
My opinion....if Microsoft cannot find a way to beat i Tunes...then the Zune will be left dead in the water. IMO of course.

How is it *hard* to beat iTunes? All you have to do is not restrict your music files to a single line of devices (like how iTunes will only play on iPod) and people will love it. Besides, I thought Microsoft scrapped MSN Music to launch a new music service???

DR3AMxCATCHER

I haven't tried the zune on WMP 11. If I had to guess, it would just recognize it being a USB port plugged in and you can listen to the music.

reactionary007

Zune seems manlier than the iPod.

Manson_AAN

does the Zune have better sound quality than the iPod? I really don't like the quality on the iPod after I've been using a w800i. But then again my iPod is a 4th Gen I'm not so sure about the 5th Gen.

DR3AMxCATCHER

I can't really say if the Zune has better quality as I haven't done a side-by-side comparison. I can tell a difference in the songs though. One maybe louder than the other.

Googintosh

I would have bought a Zune if they had released it in Canada. However, now that I saw the widescreen iPod in the iPhone I'm going to reconsider buying a Zune. If Apple ever plans to release a standalone widescreen ipod and the price is comparable to a Zune then I'll hold out for one of those.

• 2 weeks later...
TokyoKiller
I would have bought a Zune if they had released it in Canada. However, now that I saw the widescreen iPod in the iPhone I'm going to reconsider buying a Zune. If Apple ever plans to release a standalone widescreen ipod and the price is comparable to a Zune then I'll hold out for one of those.

Well the Zune is available in some certain stores in Canada, here locally in the GTA, CanadaComputers carries it for $279.99 CAD.

Wannes
I own a 30gb iPod video that I have never used because of the lameness of iTunes and how all around crappy the player is. I got my Black Zune and have been uding it every day.

Don't you think that's just a personal choice? I love iTunes and have no problem with my iPod 30gb.

J.

• 2 weeks later...
DR3AMxCATCHER

It is personal choice. I'm amazed by the topic views for this thread. Haha.

Anyways, I've been updating my Zune a lot lately and haven't had any problems. I also heard a firmware update was coming soon!

• 3 weeks later...
DanManIt

The thing that bothers me about the Zune is that it uses the direction pad to navigate. I don't like this. They should have used some touch pad. I bought my iPod back when the Zune first came out. It was a great decision, I was deciding between the Creative Vision M, Vision W, the Zune, and the iPod. I haven't regretted my decision for a second.

nekrosoft13

player = good

software (aka zune software) = ****

Circaflex

ive played with a zune at a friends for like 30 minutes and i already like it more than the ipod. Only thing stopping me from getting one is the size, i wish they would start making larger capacity zunes, any news or words on that? I hate how itunes organizes my music, if i have a mixtape it gives every artist its own folder which is stupid, hence why i dont already own an ipod. But again any word on larger zunes?

DR3AMxCATCHER

You can make it had a 80gb HD, but that takes some work.