Bravia LCD as PC Monitor

Hi,

I recently purchased a Sony Bravia KDL46X2000 and would like to be able to use it as a extra monitor for my pc.

The Bravia supports 1920 x 1080 but the highest resolution on the computer I can set without overscan is 1024 x 768.

The video card on my computer is a ATI Radeon x300, its plugged into the tv by a s-video cable. Ive got all of my drivers installed and ive just installed ATI Tray Tools to see if theres anything I can change in there to get it to work.

I found this under the ATI Display options:

testdt5.jpg

Does that mean that the maximum resolution I can have out of the s-video port is 1024x768?

Ive heard of a program called Powerstrip but im not quite sure about how it works and if it will for my problem..

Can anybody help me out?

I'm surprised s-video even lets you get to that high of a resolution. Either way, don't connect via DVI, only use VGA. HDMI/DVI doesn't always give desirable results when connected to a PC.

you might also want to move "up" to the new catalyst drivers with the catalyst control center. i personally hate it, but every release of the drivers has added bug fixes and many are specific to outputting to a tv. i see by your screenshot your using either custom drivers or quite old catalysts since the tabs have been gone for quite some time.

I'm surprised s-video even lets you get to that high of a resolution. Either way, don't connect via DVI, only use VGA. HDMI/DVI doesn't always give desirable results when connected to a PC.

at first, i bought an HDMI-to-DVI to connect my computer to my tv. the resolution was something really strange... much less than 1920x1080. then, again taking bangbang's advice, i simply connected a VGA cable instead and it works great now at 1920x1080.