Build your own speakers?

I just thought of this. Is it possible to buy say a 4-way car speaker and make a box and hook it up as a speaker for your home theatre?

can you hook up a home speaker to a car stereo...yes...will it sound as good? No, you will need an amp as generally home theater setups are alot more powerfull than a car stereo

Ya no, I don't think its going to be that easy. If you want to build your own speaks, hit up Parts Express for options, its a great place for many audio resources.

Suggestion for cheap speakers that seem to kick a punch:

Insignia Bookshelfs

Since they were released they made a huge splash on the AVS forum, and I must say they don't sound bad at all, not for 50 dollars.

Or heck, why not try Polk, another respected name in audio. For 25 a pair, its simple, and it might fit your budget.

BTW, what kind of price range are you working with now? I see you have your sub purchased, what receiver are you going with?

You can buy speaker kits which include crossovers, and speakers and you make your own cabinets

Would be better that way and i agree, a car stereo speaker set up is no where near as good or as powerful as HT (Home Theatre) speakers.