Children of Men (2006)

Just saw it. All I can saw is "WOW!" That film was bloody awesome. I vote that the best film of 2006 :yes: Really makes you think, I mean look at all the things that could possibly cause this in today's world.

Pollution, food (think of all of the pesticides that are used on plants that either you eat or an animal eats and then you eat that animal), even drugs. A lot of the drugs that are on the market today are only 10 to 20 years old, so who really knows what's the long term effects are.

Scary. Thought provoking.

10/10 Absolutely fantastic film!

[EDIT] Forgot to mention. The film does start off a little slow, not that it isn't interesting enough to hold your attention, but once the action starts and you start seeing a lot more of the police, all I saw was Combine. It is amazing how closely this resembles HL2. It actually, in some of the scenes felt like a mixture of HL2 and Enemy at the Gates.

So if you want to describe this film to someone, I was say it is Enemy at the Gates meets Half-Life 2.

I agree with you guys. This is already my favorite film of 2007. No other film this year or last year could have or will top this. I loved it!

I've seen it and thought it was bloody awesome. Such a good story and good acting.

Poor Old jasper getting shot was a sad scene. but it was capture great by doing it from a distance.

Awesome i'm not the only person that thought this...

Anyway, it would have to be the best movie of 2006.

Agreed! Even if it doesn't do anything at the Oscars, it's already a cult favorite. I'm sure DVD (or HD-DVD or Blu-Ray) sales will be wonderful.

BTW. Who knows what is the song playing when Theo goes to ask his friend in the art arch for the papers? Then ones that playes until both of them salute and hug before the David of Michaelangelo

BTW. Who knows what is the song playing when Theo goes to ask his friend in the art arch for the papers? Then ones that playes until both of them salute and hug before the David of Michaelangelo
King Crimson - The Court of the Crimson King :shifty:

And the guy he meets is his brother.

King Crimson - The Court of the Crimson King :shifty:

And the guy he meets is his brother.

That its King Crimson? Could be the first King Crimson song that made me feel something.

This is among the top three this year. One of the best years for cinema in decades. The direction and camera work here is PERFECT. Many people have complain that the movie lack an introduction a a "proper" ending. I say those people are just too acostumed to hollywood that they cant grasp the concept of literary resources executed in cinema.

I am very excited about the fact that the mexican directors dominating the industry this year.

I kinda liked it. There are some things I didn't like though :p I had watched the trailer before watching the movie, and I felt like I knew what was going to happen anyway.

Artistically, I give it a 10/10. But it didn't entertain me that much!

I thought the acting was fabulous. The cinematography was fantastic, and the story riveting. A tremendous story that definitely puts in ahead of more archetypal films, it didn't end well, but it gave excellent perspective. Each death was handled well, and was chosen to give great meaning to the entire concept of a world of infertile women, and the pains that they took to ensure that the infant would go on to The Human Project. The scene in which the soldiers stop fighting, and are almost religiously in awe of something so great, the first infant in eighteen years, was the most well done part of the entire film. It gave humanity to all, especially those immigrants who had their rights taken away, and gave the fighting a sense of ill purpose.

Having said that all, which I do compliment the film's creators for, I did not find it that interesting. I could see how well done the film was, but it just did not hold my interest as much as something as Blood Diamond. Truth be told, I don't understand why I didn't like it that much.

6.5 / 10

I think most of those who found it horrible lament the lack of answers about the infertility.

I think that's what made it such a better movie than most Hollywood movies that answer everything. By leaving it open, the writer(s) of the film allow the viewer to use his or her imagination to answer those questions. I would rather use my imagination than be given every single answer to every single question.

Look at it this way, there are probably a million different things that could possibly cause infertility. Pollution, drugs that we can't possibly know the long term effects of, the food we eat (plant food which pesticides were used on, or we eat the animals that ate the plant food which pesticides were used on), etc.. There's so many things that could have caused this it is unimaginable. I would much rather come to my own conclusion about what caused this instead of having some screenplay writer shove their own cause down my throat.

9/10, like stated earlier the blood on the camera in the uprising scene was a master-stroke! And camera work in the scene in the car where Julian (Julianne Moore) gets shot makes you think you're there.

I liked the "one camera" cinematography. So many films and TV programmes nowadays have camera angle changes every 15 seconds, makes a refreshing change to have the scene played out as if from one persons perspective... genius.

I should be adding this movie to my DVD collection tomorrow :)

It isn't out on DVD yet. Just entered theaters here two or three weeks ago in limited form and a wide release last week.

There would have been more disappointment if they tried to answer the infertility thing. The central focus of movie was really about that anyways....if you get what I mean...

It isn't out on DVD yet. Just entered theaters here two or three weeks ago in limited form and a wide release last week.

It comes out on DVD tomorrow in the UK, all over the telly mate ;)

Radish?