Children of Men (2006)

It comes out on DVD tomorrow in the UK, all over the telly mat;);)

Radish?

That's to bad for us in the:(S :( I'd like to get it on DVD tomorrow.

I'm planning to catch this tonight with my uncle & his family.

Are there any nudity or a lot of bad language?

There is one scene with a girl exposing her breasts. There's also some bad language, but it isn't a lot compared to some other films.

I'm planning to catch this tonight with my uncle & his family.

Are there any nudity or a lot of bad language?

A scene with exposed breasts in a completely non-sexual way, which lasts about 2-3 seconds. Quite a lot of foul language but it's mostly warranted in those situations anyways, so it's not as unnecessary as The Departed.

I think that's what made it such a better movie than most Hollywood movies that answer everything. By leaving it open, the writer(s) of the film allow the viewer to use his or her imagination to answer those questions. I would rather use my imagination than be given every single answer to every single question.

Look at it this way, there are probably a million different things that could possibly cause infertility. Pollution, drugs that we can't possibly know the long term effects of, the food we eat (plant food which pesticides were used on, or we eat the animals that ate the plant food which pesticides were used on), etc.. There's so many things that could have caused this it is unimaginable. I would much rather come to my own conclusion about what caused this instead of having some screenplay writer shove their own cause down my throat.

I don't like it either when people try to explain why something like this is good by saying that it allows the viewer to use their imagination. Why does that make it good? You don't have to analyze what makes something good by participation in the plot. The point is that not revealing what caused infertility was a good move for this movie to make, because the movie is not about the cause of infertility. The movie is about the reaction of people to the idea that there will no longer be children, and the scene in the end with her sitting on a row boat in a foggy ocean is an allegorical reference to hope. This allows the movie to be more than about the plot; because its trying to be about the human condition and things that transcend the science fiction.

In some way, the fact that it could be anything is important, yes, but because at some level we find ourselves pawns of nature and react irrationally when we can't control things. Telling the audience what specifically caused it would not help the story in any way, though, is my point, because the story isn't about that.

Just finished watching it, and I have to say it was an absolutely brilliant film. The resemblance to HL2 though was pretty crazy.

Just fantastic.

Just finished watching it, and I have to say it was an absolutely brilliant film. The resemblance to HL2 though was pretty crazy.

Just fantastic.

I didn't realise there sorta of a resemblance to HL2...now you say it I can see it :)

I watched it yesterday, it was really good. A bit of history about why the problem started would have been nice and also they could have said what happens afterwards. But it was enjoyable, I was hooked throughout it. (Y)

The DVD is out in europe, but look at the appalling box art. It's the most horrible art I've ever seen.

B000J4P9YO.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V34326216_.jpg

I hope the US DVD doesn't look as bad. I would like to see something a lot more simple...

B00005JP9V.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V39931125_.jpg

I watched it yesterday, it was really good. A bit of history about why the problem started would have been nice and also they could have said what happens afterwards. But it was enjoyable, I was hooked throughout it. (Y)

I think more info on how it started and more on what happened afterwards are both unnecessary and would probably end up taking away from the movie rather than adding to it.

it was good...

but why was it that in the refugee camp everyone had to be muslim and marching down firing their guns.... i remember 10 minutes before that, those camps and prisons were of immigrants from all over the world, and britian had made any kind of immigration illegal.

I R TEH WUB CLIVE OWEN!

But seriously, its an awesome film. One of the betters ones of 2006 for sure.

The part where they carried the baby out of the building and everyone just stopped was just epic (Y)

it was good...

but why was it that in the refugee camp everyone had to be muslim and marching down firing their guns.... i remember 10 minutes before that, those camps and prisons were of immigrants from all over the world, and britian had made any kind of immigration illegal.

They weren't. There were people running about with French flags, etc. Not just Muslims.

It's probably the best movie I have ever seen. Every scene was done perfectly. My favourite part was the urban warfare. It looked so eerily real.. people dying all over the place, bullets flying. Amazing. It's a must see. 10/10. (Y)

I saw this movie yesterday and I would say it's the best film of 2006 highly underrated. 10/10 from me.

My favourite part was by far the urban warfare single shot scene. Amazing camera work coupled with great timing.

When this movie ended, I say and quote, "So there are good movies being made today". Of course, this movie is way past good, it's easily one of the best I've seen in a couple years.

10/10