Children of Men (2006)

• 1 month later...

Nope. This was a bad film.

The guy died unnecessarily at the end. I didn't care less that he was dead. I don't know why. I wasn't grabbed. I also felt it was sort of anti-climactic. I was really looking forward to some kind of answer, or maybe a clue as to why the girl was special!

I really loved the gritty effect to it, and how they only used one continuous shot in some places (notice in one part where blood gets splattered on the lens and stays there for several minutes). I especially loved the scene driving through the woods, and then suddenly the flaming car came. It was scarily real, mainly because there were no cuts with the camera. An awesome effect which left me feeling more connected to the story.

The movie made me feel like I had been kidnapped by the Hamburglar in a big hot air baloon, and dumped in the desert. It was an amazing journey, but why?!

2/5

PureLegend, the reason why the girl was so special was the whole plot of the movie. And yes it was pointless for him to die, but it was expect as he came to death so many times.

PureLegend, the reason why the girl was so special was the whole plot of the movie. And yes it was pointless for him to die, but it was expect as he came to death so many times.

I meant why she was so special that she could get pregnant and nobody else could

I meant why she was so special that she could get pregnant and nobody else could

Not the point of the film. You just have to accept that a random woman just so happens to get pregnant. In the whole film you understand no more than Theo did. And it isn't a spoiler anyway. :rofl:

It was just part of the story I suppose, they could of explained it. But at the same time they didn't explain why humans could no longer produce.

A few little plot flaws but still good never the less

Camera work on this was flawless. They gave the scenes in the movie a sort of intimacy which other movies can't really compare to in this day and age. It felt as if you were there in some points of the movie, ducking in your seat as bullets zipped by.

The storyline isn't too far off, with the exception of the whole infertility thing. I could see the world shaping into a militant state sometime in the near future, <100 years or so. Very gritty and dirty feel to everything.

Would be cool if the could work a prequel into the story and give us the background info on the infertility and the Human Project etc...

Huge movie that should not be passed up.

• 2 weeks later...
Camera work on this was flawless. They gave the scenes in the movie a sort of intimacy which other movies can't really compare to in this day and age. It felt as if you were there in some points of the movie, ducking in your seat as bullets zipped by.

The storyline isn't too far off, with the exception of the whole infertility thing. I could see the world shaping into a militant state sometime in the near future, <100 years or so. Very gritty and dirty feel to everything.

Would be cool if the could work a prequel into the story and give us the background info on the infertility and the Human Project etc...

Huge movie that should not be passed up.

It would take alot for the whole world to be in a state of constant warfare. There have been worse cases such as 9/11, the holocaust, WWI/II, etc.. and the world didn't shape into a "militant state".

As for the prequel, they should've added that to the extras of the DVD release. Perhaps they'll put it in a special or collectors edition.

• 5 months later...

This film is so amazing I might have to watch it for the 3rd time tonight.

Just for the pure fact it's BRILLIANT and to hear Sigur Ros again as god they make music that makes me just want to explode (Y)

i really enjoyed this film especially when he was running the gambit and there was blood spatter that hit the camera and they made it seam like an over the shoulder sort of feel. the filmography of this film was simply amazing and the overall mastery of it was amazing as well. however the ending left a little to the imagination

This film is so amazing I might have to watch it for the 3rd time tonight.

Just for the pure fact it's BRILLIANT and to hear Sigur Ros again as god they make music that makes me just want to explode (Y)

correct me if I'm wrong but Sigur Ros was only used in the trailer, that's what I thought.

First time I watched the film at the cinema I couldn't help but see the HL2 resemblence also. Thinking back though, there really isn't much to do with the game.

I liked the story and acting, just wished they explained more about the project and why woman are infertile.

I give it 3/5, maybe a 4

I liked the story and acting, just wished they explained more about the project and why woman are infertile.
Not me, I'm glad they left it opened-ended. They did this on purpose so the audience could decide for themselves what actually happens and the why. There's so many things that could cause women to begin infertile. The pollution from businesses, the preservatives in our food, the food itself even. There's a billion things that could cause something like that and I'm very happy that they didn't give us one specific answer on that.

First time I watched the film at the cinema I couldn't help but see the HL2 resemblence also. Thinking back though, there really isn't much to do with the game.

I agree. The movie did share a common theme with Half-Life 2 but other than that, it's quite different. I thought the story and acting was superb. Personally, I'm glad they didn't go into detail regarding the human project and female infertility. It's actually a good thing because it makes you imagine what happened before the movie (story wise). People who saw the movie saw it with different ideas. Some may think that the infertility was caused by genetic mutations, pollution, etc.

Offtopic: @Hurmoth -- Congrats on 13,000 posts!