• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

[HDTV/PLASMA] Panasonic 50"

bangbang023    31

I'm sure you'll be happy with it. Like I said, if you want, give me time to play around with the set tomorrow and see what I can coax out of it.

Kraftman    1

The deals will end, which is the problem. [with waiting for you to play around with it]

bangbang023    31

Then all I can suggest is buy it and see if you like it. Mean if you have less than 30 hours, you really have no choice.

CoLdFuSi0n    21

if you goto futureshop or bestbuy to buy the tv deal with them. i got over $700 knocked off the price tag just but walking into FS and saying that bestbuy will give me this amount can you beat that and well they did and i didn't even goto best buy ;)

bangbang023    31
if you goto futureshop or bestbuy to buy the tv deal with them. i got over $700 knocked off the price tag just but walking into FS and saying that bestbuy will give me this amount can you beat that and well they did and i didn't even goto best buy ;)

See, most stores will verify the price. I know in my store we require you to bring in proof of the price.

CoLdFuSi0n    21

I never had to provide proof at all just hear say :D

Kerm    51

More fool them.

Kraftman    1

Little bit late, but did you ever have time to play around with it?

The TH50PX60 is on for $2700 at BestBuy, then $100 is knocked off if I bring in an old CRT (13" noname FTW!)

bangbang023    31
Little bit late, but did you ever have time to play around with it?

The TH50PX60 is on for $2700 at BestBuy, then $100 is knocked off if I bring in an old CRT (13" noname FTW!)

I did have some time and it still lacks the color richness of other sets if you ask me. I know people on the internet rave about the sets and Consumer Reports is ready to give Panasonic favors, but I find nothign appealing about the line what so ever.

Kraftman    1

When it lacks color richness, does that mean to the highly trained TV eye (like yours) or to the average person (like me).

Is it still a good TV, just not amazing? Like the Dell of TVs?

bangbang023    31

It's pretty obvious the color differential. At work, we have it surrounds by an LG, Samsung, and Pioneer. All 3 sets clearly show a better picture and no matter what settings I try to adjust on the Panny, I can't get it even close.

Why not go down and look for yourself? Maybe someone else had better luck than I did.