Neowin Digital Photo Gallery

Those are nice Chast (Y) yep a nice low ISO is what I do so you dont get much as much noise.

Fireworks are always fun to shoot did you use Centre weighted metering a mag I was reading suggested this as the auto metering on most cameras will get confused with the changing bright lights from the fire works and the black night sky.

I didn't even check the metering mode I used. I think it was set to auto..

I must of taken at least 100 shots that night and I would say only 7 of those I think are worthy of keeping.

Now I have to wait another year for my next chance..lol

When I had my Canon SD450 shooting manual mode at some fireworks (this was before I got my 30D), I noticed that if I exposed it too long, even at ISO 100, some of the spots looked bright and overexposed. This may be a result of the full metering scheme. Next time I photograph fireworks (probably 4th of July), I'll try different metering modes on my 30D and see what happens.

^ Next time I shoot fireworks I also must try the AE Lock * button I always like to shoot mine with the city as a backdrop I found that with some the buildings dark and others they where lit up I think it may be when I press the shutter button and its just chance when the camera took metering of the light weather or not and bright fireworks where in the shot.

Great pic but you should crop the fence to bring more focus to the cityscape.

To be honest, I rather like the fence, it gives it a bit more character than the classic cityscape photo.

To be honest, I rather like the fence, it gives it a bit more character than the classic cityscape photo.

I agree, which is why I left it in there. I also loved the detail of the fence itself, especially the grating of the platform that extends over the bank of the river. At high res it looks pretty awesome, a tad noisy though. Nothing Noise Ninja can't help with though. :D

Absolutely amazing Oddity! Do you shoot these in your own home, or in a studio? Also what kind of equipment are you using?

An envious user ;)

Milk.

Thanks.

I shoot these at home, in my un-finished rooms. I use a D200, for this shot I used my 17-55MM Nikon.

Ah right cheers oddity! Once again very well done! Wish I could take my camera with me on military exercises >.< or even have free time to use it here *grumble*. All these pictures want me to break out some creative talent :p

Thanks.

I shoot these at home, in my un-finished rooms. I use a D200, for this shot I used my 17-55MM Nikon.

Stunning Photo mate..

Just wondering. How many layers does that final photo consist of.

I'm guess one photo without the person, and one with. Then simply editing out the difference, e.g. a table the person would be standing on etc ?

Any insight would be appreciated.

Firstly, thanks.

It consists of two shots //

I jumped, no table, pen-tool, or magic wand : )

The plant was held by floss, the leaves in the lower part of the shot (which I threw) was the second shot.

I just merged them together, afterwards.

There's no fun 'manipulating' in photoshop, try the impossible in real life. You'll be much happier with the results.

In the end, it consisted of two layers.

You can view the bigger shot here

Not My Picture!!

Just a friggen awsome star trail picture:

startrails11h_hambsch_f1.jpg

11 hour exposure.

Thats cool (Y) I did some 30min exposures they where ok but just at the sky I need to find a subject like a tree to be in the shot wow that one really is cool.

Since people are posting HDR Compositions I figured it would be ok to post this :) Just playing with my new Canon Powershot G7 =D

justchillinmini.jpg

i have the same headphones :D

are these phillips ones? :p

mmh... ill put up some photos sooner or later either from my trips to berlin and the US

(berlin: reichstag, world cup (fan miles for example), and more; still waiting for a bit of snow so i can shoot in my home town kassel; US: new york (ellis island, empire state, skyscrapers, lots of lower and middle manahttan), newark and/or laguardia, bush intercontinental, salt lake city -> airports, grand canyon, bryce canyon, yellowstone, monument valley, preston, ID, and lots more)

cheers,

-fm