• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Apple 2007

Tech_Dude_5000    0

Found this over at the apple website

welcome2007_20070101.jpg

Wonder what apple has up their sleve for 2007

micro    109

uhh, looks to me that they are advertising the new "dark" Aqua theme..

Also: when did the forum update ? lol

hotdog666al    31

I just noticed this!

OoooOooo

Blaine    2
I just noticed this!

OoooOooo

I know! 0.o

How exciting

Tech Star    254

Wow...I wonder whats going to happen....I hope no MS bashing.

KeR    84

A true Video iPod is all I want and Leopard.

osirisX    2

I don't particularly like the dark look of that. But then again the light is behind it so it should be dark.

Tech_Dude_5000    0
Apple sure has a good marketing team to get its users hyped.

http://www.neowin.net/index.php?act=view&id=36730

Apple does this... MS does:

• Some featureistic site, later found it it was an ultra mobile PC
  • the "vista logo" Now known as flare affects/aurroa

Thats all I can think of, this beats both of them. I agree it might be the new black theme in mac OSX. the True video ipod with Front Row as its UI or may be even a black mac.

I don't particularly like the dark look of that. But then again the light is behind it so it should be dark.

Top left corner has a small white part on it from the light. Could mean something... may be glass? Rumors did say Glass may be added to OSX

acies    0

sounds like something is in the sleeve.

radioboy    1

How is the current ipod not "true video". This "true video" ipod has been a favorite of rumor sites (it's coming out at the next event! we swear!) since October 2005.

Tech_Dude_5000    0
How is the current ipod not "true video". This "true video" ipod has been a favorite of rumor sites (it's coming out at the next event! we swear!) since October 2005.

A True video ipod should sport a 3.5 or 4.5" screen, longer battery life and easy to navagate controls for handleing video. Sure the ipod 5G and the ipod 5.5G play video, but it's not a "true" video ipod

yudi_lks    1

Will there be any hardware update for MB and MBP next Tuesday.. A speed bump perhaps?? Happy new year!!!

Hurmoth    518
Apple sure has a good marketing team to get its users hyped.

Yeah, Apple has the best marketing team in the IT world :yes:

This is very exciting. I can't wait to see what Apple has in store for us at Macworld.

I am interested in updates to the MacBook/Pro, iMac, Mac OS X, & the iTV.

Vice    1,593
Will there be any hardware update for MB and MBP next Tuesday.. A speed bump perhaps?? Happy new year!!!

I have it on good authority that the G5 is making a come back. They will be releasing a Quad MacBookPowerPro at the event. 3.9GHz core clocks. First retail water cooled notebook (Backpack with water reservoir included)

giga    46
I have it on good authority that the G5 is making a come back. They will be releasing a Quad MacBookPowerPro at the event. 3.9GHz core clocks. First retail water cooled notebook (Backpack with water reservoir included)

=/ I was hoping for 8 cores. Gah, oh well. Maybe next tuesday.

Anyhow, I just want a release date for Leopard.

Hurmoth    518
Anyhow, I just want a release date for Leopard.
I'm just wondering what those top secret features are :p

DrunkenMaster    0

Though the image is an omen to a famous movie, I think it hints at Time Machine and Leopard.

Time Machine has that space theme going for it, as does this picture. Its kind of a way for Leopard to be tied into it all.

There might be faster machines but can't be as big as Intel switch. And there's obviously new products, but admittedly if Apple itself sees Leopard as OS X "perfected", than wouldn't that sort of symbolise eclipsing all 30 years of effort for "one" OS.

As I wrote eclipsing, I had an idea. Maybe this references a Total Solar Eclipse. Which isn't happening anywhere until August 2008 (and only in North America).* So, is Panther August 2008??

* I was bored and actually looked it up. Conspiracy theories don't have to be true, but well researched is a must.

Tech_Dude_5000    0

Why would anyone want to go back to G5 when they can have a FASTER system with an intel mac. :huh:

Though the image is an omen to a famous movie, I think it hints at Time Machine and Leopard.

Time Machine has that space theme going for it, as does this picture. Its kind of a way for Leopard to be tied into it all.

There might be faster machines but can't be as big as Intel switch. And there's obviously new products, but admittedly if Apple itself sees Leopard as OS X "perfected", than wouldn't that sort of symbolise eclipsing all 30 years of effort for "one" OS.

As I wrote eclipsing, I had an idea. Maybe this references a Total Solar Eclipse. Which isn't happening anywhere until August 2008 (and only in North America).* So, is Panther August 2008??

* I was bored and actually looked it up. Conspiracy theories don't have to be true, but well researched is a must.

Panther was 10.3 and that came out in 2003. So it can't be that. I think they ran out of the cat family after leopard. unless they go with domestic cat names. whitch all kind of sound boring.

Windam    0

Black is Back

giga    46

^ sarcasm.

Tech_Dude_5000    0

If I recall apple didn't do this sort of thing last year. I think it was just price drops on the macs with power PC processers. So 2007 could be the year for apple. With Leopard, new faster macs, new ipods, possible iTV and iPhone products, apple may bceome the next sony & microsoft.

Soham    4

Black is Back on NBC... Well Apple I am waiting to be sold.

Windam    0

If this is big.. Leopard could kill Vista and no this is not fanboyism talk; I'm a PC guy and I study these companies like you wouldn't believe ( I could be exaggerating on that too)

Vice    1,593
Why would anyone want to go back to G5 when they can have a FASTER system with an intel mac. :huh:

You actually took my post seriously? :lol: