• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Apple 2007

WhoTheF    0

In other words: it's a threat to MS

Rahul    0

GAAAAAAAAAAAA Steve is going BALD !!!

Tech_Dude_5000    0
GAAAAAAAAAAAA Steve is going BALD !!!

haha he's geting bald from taking to many pictures from the isight camera

Edrick Smith    112

Alright folks it's time we tell you the whole intel switch was a joke....

giga    46

And that..we will be switching to Transmeta!

yudi_lks    1

Transmeta?

Windam    0

AMD lol

h3xis    1
If this is big.. Leopard could kill Vista and no this is not fanboyism talk; I'm a PC guy and I study these companies like you wouldn't believe ( I could be exaggerating on that too)

Leopard can't kill Vista. Apple is a proprietary company and they do their own thing. Microsoft has the nuts of major PC manufacturers in a vice. People will use whatever OS comes preinstalled on their computers and in this case it will be Vista. If users had an actual choice things would be quite different.

Windam    0
Leopard can't kill Vista. Apple is a proprietary company and they do their own thing. Microsoft has the nuts of major PC manufacturers in a vice. People will use whatever OS comes preinstalled on their computers and in this case it will be Vista. If users had an actual choice things would be quite different.

when I ment by that, I was targeting the OS itself and not its market share. Of course that's obvious and true what you say but OS standpoint Apple has alot of game to give this year.

sundayx    127

Two interesting posts from Mac Rumors, have a read:

Apple.com: 'The first 30 years were just the beginning... Welcome to 2007'

http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2007/01/20070101202344.shtml

Macworld San Francisco 2007 Rumor Roundup

http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2007/01/20070101180909.shtml

PyX    140

Hmm yeah, the logo (or its colors) doesn't fit the website layout really.. at least not the frontpage, so it COULD mean a design change, but I'm not expecting a huge change in Leopard. Maybe some little tweaks here and there can result in a different-looking interface, but the base would still be the same.

Novaoblivion    0

I cant wait for Macworld 07 :D I am hopping they release some awesome stuff.

Edrick Smith    112

All new product designs? The MacPro is the same design as the G5, the iMac is the same as the G5 iMac, and the MacBook Pro is almost the same as the PowerBook.

ACTIONpack    497

Does anyone see that it's a sheet of glass that has the apple logo cut off. I think they are making fun of Vista Aero Glass to me.

Tech_Dude_5000    0
All new product designs? The MacPro is the same design as the G5, the iMac is the same as the G5 iMac, and the MacBook Pro is almost the same as the PowerBook.

I'm hoping that to.

Things I'd like to see on their products:

• iMac to be thinner, and have some sort of transparent body, with mordern accents (meaning sliver, black, and white) may be a light that goes around the screen, but not to bright, have it light up LED blue or diferent color) Quad core on 20 and 24" models.
  • Macbook pro to feature a numeric keypad. For it being a "pro" it should have that feature. But keep the rest clean look, no useless buttons. Have mate screen for those base models, but the highed end models (yes, both 15" and 17") have glossy screen.
  • Macbook seems fine, its around a year old, but may be offer a bit faster processer, better graphics.
  • ipod- feature a 3.5" or 4.5" screen. eirther Front row as its UI or custom UI with themes user may post their own pictures as the background. 100GB + sizes, advance battery life, customizble EQ settings, have a customzable setting for when music is playing.
  • iPod nano- nothing that i can think of
  • ipod shuffle- 2GB perhaps?

yudi_lks    1

I don't think Apple will ever release shuffle 2GB... New MBP enclosure will be nice... It's already too old...

Soham    4
and guess who works there .. Linus Torvalds

Who owns it...paul allen

devish    0
I'm hoping that to.

Things I'd like to see on their products:

• iMac to be thinner, and have some sort of transparent body, with mordern accents (meaning sliver, black, and white) may be a light that goes around the screen, but not to bright, have it light up LED blue or diferent color) Quad core on 20 and 24" models.
  • Macbook pro to feature a numeric keypad. For it being a "pro" it should have that feature. But keep the rest clean look, no useless buttons. Have mate screen for those base models, but the highed end models (yes, both 15" and 17") have glossy screen.

Not saying these ideas are bad, but should read this book Getting Real. Getting Real is written for web developers, but what it says applies far beyond and is certainly pertinent to designers and desktop software engineers, but also holds true for day-to-day life decisions, too. Here are some links that somehow illustrate how they make decisions and stuff:

Also,

"We Don't Want a Thousand Features"

Steve Jobs gave a small private presentation about the iTunes Music Store to some independent record label people. My favorite line of the day was when people kept raising their hand saying, "Does it do [x]?", "Do you plan to add [y]?". Finally Jobs said, "Wait wait — put your hands down. Listen: I know you have a thousand ideas for all the cool features iTunes could have. So do we. But we don't want a thousand features. That would be ugly. Innovation is not about saying yes to everything. It's about saying NO to all but the most crucial features."

Btw, you can actually read the entire book online for free! :)

Edited by devish

Chicane-UK    675

I can't wait for Macworld... the hype before it is going to be outta control what with video iPod, Leopard, and iPhone rumours flying around. Its going to be awesome!

MasterC    10
and guess who works there .. Linus Torvalds

Linus = my homeboy :laugh:

I'm thinking that this might be a sort of preview of the new interface, and I'm hoping that they will redesign the site to match (Y)

Matt T    0

Apple certainly know how to get our blood pumping. :fun:

Sniper101    0

Apple are at it again i see, i wonder what its about.

Koolslacker    0

I would like to see some cool products, but I won't be disappointed if Apple does not release anything amazing.