• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Apple 2007

aboi    0

it would be cool if they were to come out with a black imac. I would by another one in a heart beat.

obsolete_power    0
Found this over at the apple website

welcome2007_20070101.jpg

Wonder what apple has up their sleve for 2007

This secretly previews Apple's website revamping and new theme. My buddy's friend is working on the new website for Apple and I can tell you it looks awesome!

radioboy    1
and guess who works there .. Linus Torvalds

My HS's first generation of tablet PCs used Transmeta chips. Talk about slow, worthless machines.

This secretly previews Apple's website revamping and new theme. My buddy's friend is working on the new website for Apple and I can tell you it looks awesome!

So you're telling us Apple, king of secrets in the industry, allowed your "buddy's friend" to show you their forthcoming website? Right.

craybox    9

ok i'll be the muppet that asks for that in hi res without the text for a wallpaper :)

saxondale.    15

I hope this event is more about software, iPod related stuff. I dont feel hardware (MacBooks etc) are ready to be updated, apart from the MacPro of course

Tech_Dude_5000    0

I wouldn't mind seeing a new look at apple.com. they had that same look for over 5 years now (source is the archive.org, type in apple.com and go back as far as 1996) Knowning them they might just add ajax and make it look like ms website

Matt T    0
I hope this event is more about software, iPod related stuff. I dont feel hardware (MacBooks etc) are ready to be updated, apart from the MacPro of course
You're just saying that because you just bought a MacBook Pro. ;) :laugh:

.Neo    1,834

The only things I really care about are:

? The full feature set of Mac OS X Leopard

? iWork '07

? iLife '07

? Future iMac updates

gogosama    0

id love to see more about leopard so excited for the release i also want to see some information about the future support of powerpc plus i want some information about next gen/shape imacs

Tech_Dude_5000    0

I don't think they will go any larger then 24" on the imac. 24" is large enough, any larger,would make it cost a fortune and be a big bulky system. Mac mini seems fine, Mac Pro may need a an update, the laptops are fine, just may be add what I said in my poast back on page 3.

I also heard rumors that the cinema displays will be geting an update/makover with bulit in iSight camera and better digital HD hookups. (they should, havn't been updated since 2004)

.Neo    1,834
I don't think they will go any larger then 24" on the imac.

I doubt that as well. At least not for a very long time.

Some updates in appearance would be nice tho.

C_Guy    8
Apple sure has a good marketing team to get its users hyped.

LOL no they don't! It takes almost nothing to get Apple users all hyped up. All you have to do is name the next "cat" (Leopard) and they lose control of themselves and their credit cards. Walk up to a Mac Fanatic and say "Leopard" or say 'iPhone' or better yet say 'Steve Jobs' and watch the excitement explode all over their face. Try it, it's kind of fun to watch ;)

Tech_Dude_5000    0
LOL no they don't! It takes almost nothing to get Apple users all hyped up. All you have to do is name the next "cat" (Leopard) and they lose control of themselves and their credit cards. Walk up to a Mac Fanatic and say "Leopard" or say 'iPhone' or better yet say 'Steve Jobs' and watch the excitement explode all over their face. Try it, it's kind of fun to watch ;)

say "vista" or something like that and all hell breaks loose

Elliott    235

I have to admit I was excited to hear "Leopard," but not "iPhone" and I've never been excited to hear "Steve Jobs" (other than when he came back as the CEO of Apple).

We just know to expect quality from Apple. Pardon us for being happy that they're making what appears to be another excellent revision to the Mac OS.

say "vista" or something like that and all hell breaks loose

Erm, not so much? We've seen Vista before. It's called Mac OS X 10.2 Jaguar. I'm not saying that's a bad thing. Forward change is good. It's just that...well, the only really good and original thing that came out of Vista's creation was SideShow.

.Neo    1,834
Erm, not so much? We've seen Vista before. It's called Mac OS X 10.2 Jaguar.

Now you're just pushing it a bit. ;)

PyX    140

It's funny because I thought about a new website design too, but didn't have any source, so I didn't say it. You have an anonymous source, which is not really more credible than me, but if they ever update their site then you'll have all the credibility :)

It does look like they'll be adding darker colors like dark blue to their website somewhere though...

I can't wait to see if they'll do TV monitors. If they do, I'm buying one of them december 26 :p

Elliott    235
Now you're just pushing it a bit. ;)

Oh, fine, I'll be lenient. Panther. :p

The.Clinton    2

Is it just me, or is the iTunes part of the website looking more Web 2.0?

Jordan Green    2

I would like to see a new update and only 6 days togo til MacWorld 07.

i would like to see a new Video iPod and an Update on iMac and MacBook Pro (hardware), with the new ACD i would like to see HDMI or Component on them maybe an aerial input maybe. I think they should keep the whole "pro" series in the same colour scheme as te ACD's.

Edrick Smith    112

They really should have an instant ban or warn feature for people who claim they have a friend who has a friend of a cousin of a sister of a brother (exagerated) that is working on the new design and they have seen it ontop also they should have that feature for trolls.

osirisX    2

Stuff that I'm interested in seeing at Macworld:

Leopard fully featured and any iPod updates. The iPhone can die a slow painful death. I would laugh if Apple don't release the iPhone.

sn00pie    2

iPhone isn't that big a of deal if you ask me, if I were Apple I'd be more focused on the video iPod.

Jordan Green    2

im not too fussed about the iPhone either i was when i had my old phone but now i got the W810i i love and i think apple should stick with the computer and media player side of technology for the time being because the iPod is a fantastic success and i would like to see updates on it.

Tech_Dude_5000    0

well iTV wouldn't be that bad, have it intergrate with the imac and ipods

Simon    177

I'm going to do my best to ignore Macworld '07, and then one day be looking at the Apple Store and think: "When did they do that?", and when I get Leopard, be surprised at the new features.