• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Apple 2007

Tech_Dude_5000    0
I'm going to do my best to ignore Macworld '07, and then one day be looking at the Apple Store and think: "When did they do that?", and when I get Leopard, be surprised at the new features.

Also try your best to ignore all apple related topics here on neowin. cuz I'm sure we will be talking about them once its realsed.

Tech_Dude_5000    0
Steve's keynote is 2 hours long--just saw: http://www.macworldexpo.com/live/20/events/20SFO07A/keynotes

God I want to see a new UI.

eirther watch it live, or wait till after it airs, then watch it on demand and skip past the boring stuff.. (for all you hard core mac fans skip past the vista bashing)

osirisX    2

I'm really hoping for an update to Aqua and a new UI. The update to Aqua would be so it is compliant with resolution independence and a totally new UI because Aqua is a bit old now. But still leave Aqua selectable in the preferences just so everyone is happy.

Shuu    0

perhaps a color/brightness/saturation chooser slider thing of some sort at least?

so one could have pink, blue, white, yellow, green, orange, whatever color buttons & such.

brilliant!

sundayx    127
2 hours? I can't remember, but isn't that a lot longer than normal?

if i remember correctly apple keynotes are around an hour, and hour and a half long. not sure about macworld but i dont remember watching/catching up to a keynote for two hours

devish    0
perhaps a color/brightness/saturation chooser slider thing of some sort at least?

so one could have pink, blue, white, yellow, green, orange, whatever color buttons & such.

brilliant!

I'm not sure if that's likely to happen though. Apple likes to make decisions for the users. We'll probably see a couple/few choices if any

osirisX    2

Well, they let you chose the highlight colour so Apple letting you chose the button, etc colour for the rest of the GUI isn't that far of a stretch.

devish    0
Well, they let you chose the highlight colour so Apple letting you chose the button, etc colour for the rest of the GUI isn't that far of a stretch.

but it doesn't really matter, and I personally don't think Apple would do that. Yeah, of course it's not hard to implement... but does it really matter, or does Apple want to? Me thinx not. You don't see they leave many choices to the user in UI in the past, do you?

Edited by devish

osirisX    2

Yeah, it doesn't really matter. But then again something like highlight colour doesn't matter either. I agree that it is un-Apple like to do something like that. But with Vista being able to do something quite similar then I reckon they would have at least considered it. And with everything being vector, it would be rather easy to accomplish.

devish    0
But with Vista being able to do something quite similar then I reckon they would have at least considered it. And with everything being vector, it would be rather easy to accomplish.

Apple's design direction is seemingly very different from Microsoft's.

With everything being vector, it would be rather easy to accomplish.
Innovation is not about saying yes to everything. It's about saying NO to all but the most crucial features. More...

Not saying tis a bad idea, but I'd rather see them focusing on something cruicial ;)

Simon    177
Also try your best to ignore all apple related topics here on neowin. cuz I'm sure we will be talking about them once its realsed.

I didn't say it would be easy :p

Jordan Green    2

if there is a new UI i think it will obviously based on aqua just maybe colour changes and thing like that nothing to major because white is apple's signature color.

Simon    177
if there is a new UI i think it will obviously based on aqua just maybe colour changes and thing like that nothing to major because white is apple's signature color.

Hey, don't be racist :p jk

No one really expected the black Macbook, because the white Macbook was a signature of apple as well, but they seem to be moving away from white gradually. And changing from a lighter color to a darker one in their OS doesn't mean ditching the whole lighter color in all of their products, if we get a new UI, I think Apple will offer a color choice.

Jordan Green    2

haah ye i wasnt been racist!

Ye they maybe slwly moving away or possibly having a contrast because the iMac, MacBook are all white yes. Well maybe that poster is also showing they move to a darker colour possibly like blue or black to contrast from the white outside casing to the black taskabr and such.

AndyD    22

Hoping for a larger capacity nano - or should I not be expecting those sort of announcements?

Tech_Dude_5000    0

http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=526209

That kind of involved in the offical mac world topic...

I dont know, 8Gb is large enough.... though a rumor a 16GB Flash ipod not a nano, rather a mid size ipod is rumored to be at macworld

Slimy    14

When is Macworld 2007? On the 9th?

Tech_Dude_5000    0

Well I hope they do modfiy aqua, i love those signal light buttons to close, open and mimimize. those realy make mac OSX stand out

giga    46
When is Macworld 2007? On the 9th?

MWSF07_Internal_1.jpg

Keynote is on the 9th.

Slimy    14

So that means that all the "news" will be announced on that day?

giga    46
So that means that all the "news" will be announced on that day?

Pretty much.

kellah    0
but it doesn't really matter, and I personally don't think Apple would do that. Yeah, of course it's not hard to implement... but does it really matter, or does Apple want to? Me thinx not. You don't see they leave many choices to the user in UI in the past, do you?

that's only one way to develop software. not everyone follows that model. if youre going for sales, you'll do what the customer wants.

hotdog666al    31
GAAAAAAAAAAAA Steve is going BALD !!!
How is that a bad thing!?
I have to admit I was excited to hear "Leopard," but not "iPhone" and I've never been excited to hear "Steve Jobs" (other than when he came back as the CEO of Apple).

We just know to expect quality from Apple. Pardon us for being happy that they're making what appears to be another excellent revision to the Mac OS.

Erm, not so much? We've seen Vista before. It's called Mac OS X 10.2 Jaguar. I'm not saying that's a bad thing. Forward change is good. It's just that...well, the only really good and original thing that came out of Vista's creation was SideShow.

I have, it's one of the reasons I watch the keynote! =]

Intel-and-Apple-total-DRM-control-1.jpg :)