"God told me of 'mass killing' in 2007"

Hum

VIRGINIA BEACH, Virginia (AP) -- Evangelical broadcaster Pat Robertson said Tuesday that God has told him that a terrorist attack on the United States would cause a "mass killing" late in 2007.

"I'm not necessarily saying it's going to be nuclear," he said during his news-and-talk television show "The 700 Club" on the Christian Broadcasting Network.

"The Lord didn't say nuclear. But I do believe it will be something like that."

Robertson said God told him about the impending tragedy during a recent prayer retreat.

God also said, he claims, that major cities and possibly millions of people will be affected by the attack, which should take place sometime after September.

Robertson suggested in January 2006 that God punished then-Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon with a stroke for ceding Israeli-controlled land to the Palestinians.

The broadcaster predicted in January 2004 that President Bush would easily win re-election.

Bush won 51 percent of the vote that fall, beating Democratic Sen. John Kerry of Massachusetts.

In 2005, Robertson predicted that Bush would have victory after victory in his second term. He said Social Security reform proposals would be approved and Bush would nominate conservative judges to federal courts.

Lawmakers confirmed Bush's 2005 nominations of John Roberts and Samuel Alito to the Supreme Court. But the president's Social Security initiative was stalled.

"I have a relatively good track record," he said. "Sometimes I miss."

In May, Robertson said God told him that storms and possibly a tsunami were to crash into America's coastline in 2006.

Even though the U.S. was not hit with a tsunami, Robertson on Tuesday cited last spring's heavy rains and flooding in New England as partly fulfilling the prediction. :rolleyes:

source

Diffused Mind

He also told me that Pat Robertson is a blowhard. Go figure.

j.nudd

Ahh, Pat Robertson sighting! Did anyone mention if he was going to legpress the 1000kg nuclear bomb out of the US?

However, on a slightly more serious note, while his source is, by most accounts, a bit "shaky," the possibility that his prediction could come true is not as long as many people think. With the Mexican border rather unsecured, a terrorist could easily sneak across the border with a nuclear weapon and detonate it in our country.

ranasrule

oh Mr.Robertson ur always good for a hearty laugh

blackhorse

Whats with God speaking with all these nutjobs?

The_Decryptor

God's talking to him? i would probably go see a doctor if that was happening to me, voices in your head isn't a good sign. ;)

R-Flex

Damn! I usually watch this show, if only to see if he'll make any more controversial statements (and the ridiculous segments). I missed this one.

Boffa Jones
Ahh, Pat Robertson sighting! Did anyone mention if he was going to legpress the 1000kg nuclear bomb out of the US?

100% pure awesome.

As someone else said though...

Thread Moved to Area 51

zeroday

Sounds like Stand up comedy :unsure: :p

_sphinx_

God told me not to open this thread...but I didn't listen.

funkymunky

Anyone can claim this.

It's not a matter of If an attack of this magnitude involving nuclear material ie dirty bomb or nuclear weapons will take place in the US or UK, BUT when :(

It's a sad fact that there is a lot of nuclear material from Xray machines etc. missing and unaccounted for around the world. All it takes is a bomb attached to some to scatter it over a city to cause a nuclear disaster with the dirty bomb :(

Sorry for putting a downer on this

The_Decryptor

dirty bombs are mainly designed to cause panic, there would be little, if any long lasting effects from one.

Edit: everybody remembers to eat their salt with iodine, right?

+NJ Louch
dirty bombs are mainly designed to cause panic, there would be little, if any long lasting effects from one.

Bingo. Also, didn't someone in the CIA or whatever recently state that they don't even exist?

Laura

Hasn't anyone tried to treat this guy for his schizophrenia yet?

MGS4-SS

Oh, the fun that is Pat Robertson. Comedy Central should really think about giving him a 1 hour special. 1 hour of endless laughing... oh yes. :D

whitebread

Anybody else think that this is just a publicity stunt to make Robertson more money?

vincent
Anybody else think that this is just a publicity stunt to make Robertson more money?

"Two things are infinite: the universe, and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."

~ Albert Einstein

Unobscured Vision

This guy cracks me up.

I've got an idea for some TRUE entertainment: Pat Robertson -vs- George Carlin. Discussion about reality and religion.

And....go. :D

_sphinx_

Holy crap.

My sentiments exactly

• 3 weeks later...
The Gunslinger
"Two things are infinite: the universe, and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."

~ Albert Einstein

Too true :unsure:

ProphetPatrobertson.jpg

WTF... I heard the one about Chavez...but not the one about South Africa......I'd like to kick this idiots A$$... :angry:

How these racist biggots get a platform to air their vile rhetoric is beyond me... :x

sdb815
"I have a relatively good track record," he said. "Sometimes I miss."

I guess that means your God misses sometimes too, right? :rolleyes:

TokyoKiller

Maybe he saw a glimpse of an episode of 24 instead of 'real-life'?