• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Creative Vista SB Audigy 2 ZS Drivers Set to Expire

:: Lyon ::    56

I don't there should be more companies developing sound card/audio technologies :{ Creative has been "monopolising" the market... (not necessarily bad)

metalguy90    1
I don't there should be more companies developing sound card/audio technologies :{ Creative has been "monopolising" the market... (not necessarily bad)

Turtle Beach is an alternative to Creative.

my Audigy 4 drivers expired 2day :(

this might be a stupid question, but do you get sound still?

Bat21UK    2

i just used the cd that came will the card and all works well this end

-Dave-    13
this might be a stupid question, but do you get sound still?

only by plugging the stereo jack into my onboard card.

i think its stupid them putting timeouts on drivers, at least make them reasonable and make sure hey dont expire before releasing new ones.

it would take all of about 2 minutes for them to change the expiry date and re upload them.....

lothodon    2

i love all these comments. go to the creative forums. their official stance is that the RETAIL version of vista is not yet available and they are not required to have drivers available for the release. they are writing drivers, but it takes time (creative takes longer than others). they will release new drivers when they are available and ready. it will not necessarily be by the RETAIL release of vista. perhaps even MONTHS after.

just because vista is going to be released (to retail) doesn't mean any company HAS to have drivers for their products. ATI has stated that it will take up to a year to have vista drivers "as good" as current xp drivers.

Iscariah    1

Checked the Creative site seconds ago and searched for downloads available for the Audigy 2 ZS under Vista 32-bit and... the 2.11.0000 beta drivers dated 11th Oct. are gone!

Is it a sign that new beta drivers are going to be released soon, at least to still be able to have sound until the official release of the drivers after Vista goes Retail?

bobbba    9

the rc1 drivers are still shwoing up when I check the site...

Novaoblivion    0

Mine keeps bugging me about this too I hope some new ones are posted on the site soon. I also dont really get why they time bomb them anyway?

metalguy90    1

i checked the Creative site as well, and the drivers are gone.

we understand that Vista is beta and Creative does not have to support this. However, if you are going to release a driver (where the majority of the users have gotten the driver to work) then why would you put an expiry date on it?

metalguy90    1

oops... accidental double post .... :/

metalguy90    1

has anyone tried to reinstall the drivers to see if that'll extend the life of them?

I really dont want to format my entire computer because my sound card driver expires. :/

Genius    0

Creative Software FTW :p

PnP    0

install driver of xp on vista in compatibility mode and work good.. :)

Novaoblivion    0

So could anyone recommend me a sound card manufacturer who actually does make drivers in a reasonable amount of time? I think I am done with creative.

ziggie216    0
So could anyone recommend me a sound card manufacturer who actually does make drivers in a reasonable amount of time? I think I am done with creative.

same... read that post about EAX... that is extremely lame

err Onboard Audio, here I come lol

Novaoblivion    0
same... read that post about EAX... that is extremely lame

Yeah Creative is really a pain in the ass! For now I guess I am switching to my onboard audio :/.

Denis W.    732
you guys are all fools.. these drivers have an expiry date because they're released as beta. it's just like how microsoft says that their beta products expire at a certain time. it's not like the creative drivers are just going to stop working on that date, they are notifying users of the driver that it will be time to safely uninstall and update when the drivers expire (assuming a newer version can be released at that time). so keep your skirts on and stop whining for the sake of whining!

I did use the beta 2 drivers past their expiry date... guess what? Audio in Vista stopped working. For anyone on Audigy cards that hasn't reinstalled Vista in some time, their sound is probably disabled by now.

I reinstalled Vista last week but the installer set the expiry date to tomorrow. :pinch:

»X«    1
you could always go with a Turtle Beach sound card. they are supposed to be good.

http://www.turtlebeach.com/site/products/soundcards.asp

Actually they look pretty good. I havent had time to browse the site fully, but they are mentioning vista and its done in a friendly way. Instead of "tough" its "try this". Might be tempted to switch. Thanks for the link

It's gonna be a fun day tomorrow :D unless a surprise comes in

SYBINX    42

I have been in contact with Creative Labs today, which was a priority "post it" note on my desktop to remind me to call them, I called them on behalf of the company I work for and although this statement is however not official because they would not disclose anything, they guy I spoke to did state off the record ?inform me to keep an eye on the support section of their website between now and tomorrow, although I was not given a time to when.? He also stated, again off the record to also check again between the 23rd and 26th of January. So rest assure your drivers should be available tomorrow timescale I don't know they would not tell me.

Again this is off the record and please do not take this as legit or official, as they would not disclose that much, I was just lucky enough to speak to somebody who did divulge some information.

metalguy90    1
I have been in contact with Creative Labs today, which was a priority "post it" note on my desktop to remind me to call them, I called them on behalf of the company I work for and although this statement is however not official because they would not disclose anything, they guy I spoke to did state off the record ?inform me to keep an eye on the support section of their website between now and tomorrow, although I was not given a time to when.? He also stated, again off the record to also check again between the 23rd and 26th of January. So rest assure your drivers should be available tomorrow timescale I don't know they would not tell me.

Again this is off the record and please do not take this as legit or official, as they would not disclose that much, I was just lucky enough to speak to somebody who did divulge some information.

good to know:) :)

Yay... at least there's hope, even if it's tiny