Creative Vista SB Audigy 2 ZS Drivers Set to Expire

Yay... at least there's hope, even if it's tiny

OK two things have changed on the updates, Windows Millenuim has been replaced with Windows XP as the first OS in the download list. November 11th downloads have been removed from the list of drivers, so itlooks like these are going to be with us pretty soon. Just keep an eye on your sound card on these links listed below. These are for the UK, The US is the same at the moment the downloads have been removed for the Audigy but the X-Fi is still showing Dec 2006 drivers, and only applications are present for Audigy drivers. Please notee that not all the Soundblaster Drivers are goingto be updated for Vista. Check your card with the updates link via Creative Labs.

Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro Vista 32-Bit

Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro Vista 64-Bit

X-Fi Fatal1ty Vista 32-Bit

X-Fi Fatal1ty Vista 64-Bit

X-Fi Elite Pro Vista 32-Bit

X-Fi Elite Pro Vista 64-Bit

X-Fi Platinum Vista 32-Bit

X-Fi Platinum Vista 64-Bit

Don't sob just yet! The Audigy 2 value card will hopefully be included! The driver availability chart has the "Audigy 2 Series" driver set for release sometime this month. Some of us are hoping a new driver's released within the next 24 hours as the current beta version's set to expire today!

:'( No Audigy 2 Value? *sob*

hah downloading now :p

Creative aren't that bad I guess then... Its just annoying to have a lack of communication with us, Their own forums was full of people upset about it and there was little reponse

***** For some reason I could not edit my original post so I had to create another one, there was not edit button on the post for some reason, could a moderator merge these together for me please. *****

OK don't go to www.creative.com to look for updates because there is no response from their servers at the moment for some reason, check out the www.soundblaster.com and then support link and there are updates for the Audigy sound card. 12.01.2007.

This download is a driver providing Microsoft? Windows? Vista 64-bit and Windows Vista 32-bit support for Creative Sound Blaster? Audigy? series audio devices. For more details, read the rest of this web release note.[/quotREMEMBER to uninstall your old drivers before installing the updates..Pleases bear in mind these are still beta drivers and not the full set of drivers; therefore, install at your own risk.

WindowsXP drivers for the Audigy 2 Value work just fine in Vista...

I don't know if I would do that. Those are designed for Windows XP and not Vista. I want my Vista PC to be super stable.

Update:

There are new Beta :ermm: drivers. However.

This driver does not support the following:

Decoding of Dolby? Digital and DTS™ signals

DVD-Audio DirectSound?-based EAX gamesb>

Gameports

6.1 speaker mode.

Yeah... I've lost 3 speakers now, and I've just tried playing a couple of games and am experiencing choppiness in music and audio. :pinch:

I don't know if I would do that. Those are designed for Windows XP and not Vista. I want my Vista PC to be super stable.

Update:

Decoding of Dolby? Digital and DTS? signals

DVD-AudiDirectSound?-based EAX games

Gameports

6.1 speaker mode.

I've taken the quite poor approach of disabling the time synchronisation and setting my date back a week until drivers that work properly come out. The previous BETA drivers that expired today work fine, so I'll keep them. Plus, I can't get onto the Creative website, it doesn't work for some reason.

Update:

Decoding of Dolby? Digital and DTS? signals

DVD-AudiDirectSound?-based EAX games

Gameports

6.1 speaker mode.

So basically they are crippled POS drivers:(. :(

well according to sockie, these new drivers have LESS features than the old beta? what the hell creative. I guess I'm keeping the old drivers until I don't get sound anymore, but I have sound on my dvd's and it decodes DD and DTS signals for me.

Does it work to fiddle with system date to get the drivers working? Just lost my sound here....

FFS, Creative is handling customers as **** here. Expire date on driver?? Is this som kind of food or what? What's the POINT? And then there are no new drivers to get on the expiredate! FFS...

• 2 weeks later...
I have been in contact with Creative Labs today, which was a priority "post it" note on my desktop to remind me to call them, I called them on behalf of the company I work for and although this statement is however not official because they would not disclose anything, they guy I spoke to did state off the record ?inform me to keep an eye on the support section of their website between now and tomorrow, although I was not given a time to when.? He also stated, again off the record to also check again between the 23rd and 26th of January. So rest assure your drivers should be available tomorrow timescale I don't know they would not tell me.

Again this is off the record and please do not take this as legit or official, as they would not disclose that much, I was just lucky enough to speak to somebody who did divulge some information.

well... its now the 26th of January (2:00pm EST) and no updated driver.

I guess its time to switch from Creative and get a real soundcard;) ;)