Short hair on girls

Do you Think short hair is sexy?  

308 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think short hair on girls is sexy?

• Yes i think it's sexy
    • Only a few can pull off this look
    • Not at all
    • I'm a female

Girls with natural good looks can pull it off, the rest look like lesbiens

And what exactly does a lesbian look like?

I like girls with short hair. To me, it says that they may be more concerned with things other than impressing prospective mates, as many straight men tend to think as those who pasted here do - that short hair is boyish or ugly. I especially like females who have so-called boy-cuts, as it bends the gender boundaries and challenges the entire notion of gender.

For example, the person who I quoted above seems to assume that lesbians tend to have short hair. By having a large number of straight girls/women with short hair/boy cuts, it may challenge people like Tomo to think outside of stereotypes. Women who have short hair for this very purpose are the most attractive in the world to me.

I'm also more attracted to longer hair. Pretty much every girl I know has cut their hair short at one point. Usually they cut it, then whine about how much they hate it, but as soon as it starts growing they cut it again. :/ Go figure

ive seen some chicks that are incredibly hot and a few even to stature of gorgeous that had short hair.. most of the time girls that have short hair seem as though the hair doesn't belong short on them.. but on that certain type of there their hair simply enhances their beauty and blends in with their overall look.. so yea it just depends on the girl.. and it cant be 'butch', coz that's just trashy.. well maintained and done is what does it!

This is a perfect example of how short hair kills the looks of someone.

Um, not exactly. Those two pictures are taken years apart. I'd say those pictures are at least 10 years apart. If you have a beautiful face, short hair can often accentuate your features and make you look better, doesn't matter if you're male or female. Some people prefer long hair over short hair, and whether the person "looks" better is irrelevant (this happens more with men than women). In those cases their opinion is highly skewed by the fact that they just do not prefer short hair on women for whatever reason. That doesn't mean short hair ruins a woman's looks as far as being beautiful, however.

I work at a modeling agency, and trust me, some women can pull off the short hair and look absolutely stunning. As soon as they grow their hair longer, they look more or less like any other average-looking woman. The same can be said for the opposite. It really just depends on the structure of your face. To say that Natalie Portman looks ugly with short hair just proves my point. She has exactly the kind of face that is better with short hair than longer hair. She will always look best with her hair around the length of her shoulders or shorter. Going even shorter, like shaved for V for Vendetta, she sill looked absolutely beautiful. At that point it is just personal preference whether you find it acceptable for women to have their hair that short.

One more factor is age though. The older you get, especially women (because men generally follow this rule anyway), the shorter you should cut your hair, regardless of sex. Balding or bald men should have very short hair, for example. Older women almost always look better with shorter hair, especially if they are petite. That doesn't mean women over 50 should all go out and shave their heads, but they should definitely stop growing their hair out like they are still in their teens.

I'm well aware the pics aren't of the same age and the long hair might be air brushed. Anyone with an imagination can picture the younger version with the short hair. Good god people... :rolleyes:

I think it can look very nice. Short hair can be styled in a number of ways, so it is a case of finding the right style for the face.

I voted "Only a few can pull off this look", some girls look nice, but a lot in my opinion don't.

I honestly love long-mid hair, especially dark brown-black in colour.

I voted "Only a few can pull off this look" because I'm sure there are girls out there that can pull it off, but to behonest... I don't think I've ever seen one :no:.

Ditto.

Yea, few can pull it off. Although, I rarely judge girls by their hair...I do judge their intelligence by the colour of their hair though :p

I think the results are the same if, in a female dominated forum, a "Long hair on Men" poll was made.

I think short hair on women is a personal choice and who cares what others think. If the woman likes it that is all that matters. I love short hair and long but the woman's age plays a part in the decision for sure. Older women look better with shorter hair and younger with longer hair but once you have children all bets are off because it is much easier to handle kids when you don't have a ton of hair in the way all the time. Plus it doesn't get stuck in your lipgloss if it is short. ;)

depends, so only a few can do it.

oh and if you want to see what lesbians look like, come to downtown boston, its where gay marriage was first allowed. there are quite a few lesbians in the area.

Voted Not at all. Short hair isn't sexy, on any woman. Even the women who can "pull it off" don't look nearly as good with it as they do with long hair. Short hair is what old women do when they decide "I give up on my sex appeal."

Depending on how short the hair is. I can deal with hair that is spiky at the bottom or not too short like most guys are but if its like a guys haircut, I will not even attempt to look at her.